What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
30-03-2016, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 09:08 PM by yakherder.)
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Drinking Beverage
This resurfaced around Saint Patrick's Day. The article is treating it like something new, and is also convinced that it might be 1st Cav. They're not too good at identifying unit patches, I guess, because 1st Cav's is pretty fucking different Consider

The media sure is a bunch of oversensitive drama queens. And they also edited out most of the song in this version Sad Any British who stumble across it, we did in fact not want you to go home. Nothing but respect, and a bit of deployment boredom Tongue

http://forces.tv/11439917

No further comment
CricketsCricketsCrickets

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2016, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 11:52 PM by jennybee.)
Post moved. This is more of a rant Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
31-03-2016, 08:34 AM
(30-03-2016 08:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 07:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I've been working on my mother-in-law's house for a year now, getting it ready to rent out. A couple of weeks ago we discovered that there have been rats in the attic and under the house for years. Triple fucking damn all the rodentia in the world. Angry We knocked a hole in the suspended ceiling in the den, thinking the stain was from a water leak. Out dropped a shit load of insulation, soaked with rat urine and rat shit. The rat(s) living there scrambled out onto the roof and left (?). I fucking near died from an asthma attack about an hour later. That shit is toxic! Now we have to hire a cleanup company to come in with special equipment- HEPA filters, cleaners, etc., and remove all kinds of soiled insulation from the attic, crawl under the house and remove live and dead rats. Again, Angry fucking rats.

We have been in this house for 10 years. This winter we kept getting rats in the garage. They were apparently initially attracted by the bird seed I had for the wild birds. After sneakily evading the traps set we put laid a bucket on it's side, put the trap in it and partially buried it in seed. I think we got about 8 of them over a few weeks. Luckily it appears they didn't stray beyond the garage.

They are creepy, nasty, vile creatures. Sadcryface

Trouble is, they leave a urine trail to help them navigate home better in the dark. So unless you scrubbed and descented around your house, they or their friends will likely keep coming back.
31-03-2016, 08:36 AM
(31-03-2016 08:34 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Trouble is, they leave a urine trail to help them navigate home better in the dark. So unless you scrubbed and descented around your house, they or their friends will likely keep coming back.

I thought you were talking about people for a second there Laugh out load

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
31-03-2016, 01:31 PM
(31-03-2016 08:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 08:34 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Trouble is, they leave a urine trail to help them navigate home better in the dark. So unless you scrubbed and descented around your house, they or their friends will likely keep coming back.

I thought you were talking about people for a second there Laugh out load

Laugh out load Yeah, I know some two-legged rats, as well. Undecided
31-03-2016, 08:45 PM
Grocery store is 5 minutes south, Chinese take out is 5 minutes north.
I need to go to both.
01-04-2016, 12:18 PM
Someone in the supermarket queue pushed in front of me so I challenged him, he got aggressive and threw a block of cheese, then a block of butter at my head.
How dairy do that to me.
[+] 3 users Like PaddyOdoors's post
01-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Figuring out my diet, self-control.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
01-04-2016, 05:58 PM
I went to NINE stores (including four boutiques) today before finding a dress that fit for a wedding I'm attending tomorrow. Don't fucking tell me I'm not a true zero when your clothes are oversized. A woman with a 36 band is not a true zero. If your zeros are going to be that fucking big, carry 00s. Goddamn vanity sizing. I expected more from Anthropologie than that. Does Europe have this problem? Hell, many of them were French dresses.

Ok fine, one dress at Anthro fit sorta ok, but it was ecru, and I can't wear that to a wedding.

After five hours of shopping I now have a pretty black lace sheath with a gold lining (thank you White House Black Market) and dainty shoes...and a fever blister to go right along with it. It huuurts. And my dress is slightly dressier than I would have preferred, I wanted to find something that I could dress down in the daytime that didn't look like a boring J. Crew dress that cost $200 to look like everybody else.

Did I mention my lip hurts? And it doesn't look very pretty. Sad

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
01-04-2016, 06:31 PM
(01-04-2016 05:58 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I went to NINE stores (including four boutiques) today before finding a dress that fit for a wedding I'm attending tomorrow. Don't fucking tell me I'm not a true zero when your clothes are oversized. A woman with a 36 band is not a true zero. If your zeros are going to be that fucking big, carry 00s. Goddamn vanity sizing. I expected more from Anthropologie than that. Does Europe have this problem? Hell, many of them were French dresses.

Ok fine, one dress at Anthro fit sorta ok, but it was ecru, and I can't wear that to a wedding.

After five hours of shopping I now have a pretty black lace sheath with a gold lining (thank you White House Black Market) and dainty shoes...and a fever blister to go right along with it. It huuurts. And my dress is slightly dressier than I would have preferred, I wanted to find something that I could dress down in the daytime that didn't look like a boring J. Crew dress that cost $200 to look like everybody else.

Did I mention my lip hurts? And it doesn't look very pretty. Sad

Fever blister? Yuck. Sad Whenever I feel one coming on (my lip usually tingles the day before the sore actually comes up), I slather the spot in Vaseline before bed. Usually keeps it from cropping up. Smile Abreva sucks - has never worked for me. But the Vaseline thing is pretty reliable. Again, gotta catch the damn thing in time, but if you can manage to do that, you're gold. Yes