What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
01-04-2016, 07:21 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(01-04-2016 06:31 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 05:58 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I went to NINE stores (including four boutiques) today before finding a dress that fit for a wedding I'm attending tomorrow. Don't fucking tell me I'm not a true zero when your clothes are oversized. A woman with a 36 band is not a true zero. If your zeros are going to be that fucking big, carry 00s. Goddamn vanity sizing. I expected more from Anthropologie than that. Does Europe have this problem? Hell, many of them were French dresses.

Ok fine, one dress at Anthro fit sorta ok, but it was ecru, and I can't wear that to a wedding.

After five hours of shopping I now have a pretty black lace sheath with a gold lining (thank you White House Black Market) and dainty shoes...and a fever blister to go right along with it. It huuurts. And my dress is slightly dressier than I would have preferred, I wanted to find something that I could dress down in the daytime that didn't look like a boring J. Crew dress that cost $200 to look like everybody else.

Did I mention my lip hurts? And it doesn't look very pretty. Sad

Fever blister? Yuck. Sad Whenever I feel one coming on (my lip usually tingles the day before the sore actually comes up), I slather the spot in Vaseline before bed. Usually keeps it from cropping up. Smile Abreva sucks - has never worked for me. But the Vaseline thing is pretty reliable. Again, gotta catch the damn thing in time, but if you can manage to do that, you're gold. Yes

It started erupting early this morning at work. It's still getting bigger and has little blisters covering half of my lower lip. I haven't had one this bad in years. No

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2016, 07:41 PM
(01-04-2016 07:21 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 06:31 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Fever blister? Yuck. Sad Whenever I feel one coming on (my lip usually tingles the day before the sore actually comes up), I slather the spot in Vaseline before bed. Usually keeps it from cropping up. Smile Abreva sucks - has never worked for me. But the Vaseline thing is pretty reliable. Again, gotta catch the damn thing in time, but if you can manage to do that, you're gold. Yes

It started erupting early this morning at work. It's still getting bigger and has little blisters covering half of my lower lip. I haven't had one this bad in years. No

Campho-Phenique works really well and fast.
01-04-2016, 08:47 PM
(01-04-2016 07:21 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 06:31 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Fever blister? Yuck. Sad Whenever I feel one coming on (my lip usually tingles the day before the sore actually comes up), I slather the spot in Vaseline before bed. Usually keeps it from cropping up. Smile Abreva sucks - has never worked for me. But the Vaseline thing is pretty reliable. Again, gotta catch the damn thing in time, but if you can manage to do that, you're gold. Yes

You are on the other side of the continent, but my wife had, as she says, "The worst breakout of Herpes of her entire life", recently. Fortunately, Abreva works for her, but it still lasted two weeks. She was miserable. Sad
02-04-2016, 02:27 AM
My car is in the garage, having new brakes and tyres, I have to actually walk to places today.
02-04-2016, 03:47 AM
(02-04-2016 02:27 AM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  My car is in the garage, having new brakes and tyres, I have to actually walk to places today.

Tyre?

Isn't that a city in Lebanon? You know, one of those places Yahweh supposedly had to smite back in the day?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-04-2016, 04:12 AM
(02-04-2016 03:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 02:27 AM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  My car is in the garage, having new brakes and tyres, I have to actually walk to places today.

Tyre?

Isn't that a city in Lebanon? You know, one of those places Yahweh supposedly had to smite back in the day?

It is found on the wheels of all good British inspired vehicles. American vehicles are tired.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
02-04-2016, 04:26 AM
(02-04-2016 04:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 03:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Tyre?

It is found on the wheels of all good British inspired vehicles. American vehicles are tired.

Oh, so it's just more of that 'colour' and 'honour' malarkey from the other side of the pond?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-04-2016, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2016 08:52 AM by PaddyOdoors.)
(02-04-2016 04:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 04:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  It is found on the wheels of all good British inspired vehicles. American vehicles are tired.

Oh, so it's just more of that 'colour' and 'honour' malarkey from the other side of the pond?

My spelling is pretty bad though. And my tires were really expensive.
02-04-2016, 11:56 AM
(02-04-2016 04:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-04-2016 04:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  It is found on the wheels of all good British inspired vehicles. American vehicles are tired.

Cheating at scrabble is all it is.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-04-2016, 02:47 PM
The 'jump back 15 seconds' button doesn't work when I'm watching a movie OnDemand.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.