What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
05-04-2016, 06:12 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(05-04-2016 02:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  My French press has a crack in it. Now I have to go shopping for a new one Sad

Can't complain too much. It's been through the wringer for a press not exactly designed to be rugged.

There are deals to be had on Amazon. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2016, 06:15 PM
(05-04-2016 06:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 02:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  My French press has a crack in it. Now I have to go shopping for a new one Sad

Can't complain too much. It's been through the wringer for a press not exactly designed to be rugged.

There are deals to be had on Amazon. Thumbsup

Yeah that's my next first world problem. I've already got like 8 favorited, and I need to choose one.

Or do I? I can afford all of them... Consider

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
05-04-2016, 07:32 PM
(05-04-2016 06:15 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 06:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  There are deals to be had on Amazon. Thumbsup

Yeah that's my next first world problem. I've already got like 8 favorited, and I need to choose one.

Sure you can't just improvise a rock and a piece of screen to do the same thing? All you need to carry is the piece of screen, then. Or, just man up and eat the boiled beans, like the Quakers did. Drooling
05-04-2016, 07:45 PM
(05-04-2016 07:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 06:15 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Yeah that's my next first world problem. I've already got like 8 favorited, and I need to choose one.

Sure you can't just improvise a rock and a piece of screen to do the same thing? All you need to carry is the piece of screen, then. Or, just man up and eat the boiled beans, like the Quakers did. Drooling

If I made a habit of eating the beans, especially when bringing my press to field exercises, then my next first world problem would be running out of the previously mentioned Charmin' Ultra wet wipes too quickly.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
05-04-2016, 08:59 PM
(05-04-2016 07:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 07:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Sure you can't just improvise a rock and a piece of screen to do the same thing? All you need to carry is the piece of screen, then. Or, just man up and eat the boiled beans, like the Quakers did. Drooling

If I made a habit of eating the beans, especially when bringing my press to field exercises, then my next first world problem would be running out of the previously mentioned Charmin' Ultra wet wipes too quickly.

Oh, piffle. Just defecate in the general direction of the enemy. If you have eaten the requisite amount of peppers, they will be blinded by both synergistically combining. Of course, you may run afoul of the Geneva Convention regarding chemical warfare. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-04-2016, 09:00 PM
(05-04-2016 08:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 07:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  If I made a habit of eating the beans, especially when bringing my press to field exercises, then my next first world problem would be running out of the previously mentioned Charmin' Ultra wet wipes too quickly.

Oh, piffle. Just defecate in the general direction of the enemy. If you have eaten the requisite amount of peppers, they will be blinded by both synergistically combining. Of course, you may run afoul of the Geneva Convention regarding chemical warfare. Big Grin

Nobody seems to be paying attention to the rules anyway.

'Murican Canadian
05-04-2016, 09:38 PM
Internet keeps cutting out when I use a lot of it (downloading, playing games). I think the issue is my wireless adapter not handling certain speeds.
Might need to get another one. The one I have now is old as fuck and it was cheap and nasty when I got it...

[Image: oscar.png]
06-04-2016, 02:01 AM
Landlord had notices on everyone's door that they're upgrgading our lighting tomorrow. I assume it's a 24 hour notice, since it's for 10am tomorrow and it appeared sometime after I left for work 21 hours ago. Working on cleaning like a madman, lest they find some spec of dust to fine me with. Looks like it's a good thing I've got tests scheduled tomorrow (and a mandatory advising session I chair), because my butt will be dragging even with Mountain Dew.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm hungry but the chinese take out place doesn't open for another 55minutes. Sad

[Image: oscar.png]
07-04-2016, 04:37 PM
(07-04-2016 04:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm hungry but the chinese take out place doesn't open for another 55minutes. Sad

Just go into their back alley and grab a couple of cats of your own.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post