What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
08-04-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(08-04-2016 07:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My parents called me because my father never bothers to remember any of his passwords, he just saves them. So his Kindle ended up disconnected from their wifi...I gave them every wifi password I had for them for the last FIVE YEARS. "That doesn't work." Not that I think dad probably entered whichever is right, wrongly, but that's exactly what mom said when she walked into their kitchen with the phone lol....meanwhile my wifi actually doesn't work. However, plugging in with ethernet does.

Think of it as family time.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2016, 09:46 PM
(08-04-2016 09:30 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Fuck I have a cold Sad and the smoothie place is closed Weeping

Hug with a plastic shield on my face. Go flush out your sinuses with a netipot as many times as you can stand it! Those things really work.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
08-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Domestic disturbance at the hotel tonight. The second time I've ever had to call the State Troopers. I guess having a quiet night where nobody was an asshole was too big of an ask?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-04-2016, 10:01 PM
(08-04-2016 09:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Think of it as family time.

Don't suppose he can get early parole for time served?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-04-2016, 07:53 PM
I've lost my marbles.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
11-04-2016, 01:51 PM
I realized about a month or so ago that nobody in my house watches TV anymore, my kids are all into Netflix, Crave TV & youtube, all I ever watch is the local news in the morning & evening. So I canceled my cable (saving about $50.00 a month) and bought a digital antenna for about $30.00 at Canadian Tire and I can get about 8 local stations.

Except you can't watch TV and have someone use the computer at the same time! The antenna is over 4 feet away from the computer monitor, but even so, if you turn on the monitor you lose all TV reception! How can my monitor be generating that much interference! If I go looking for a new monitor is there any "equipment rating" that would let me know how much electromagnetic radiation a piece of equipment produces?

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
11-04-2016, 01:59 PM
It sucks when you still like someone and they're understanding towards you, but they hold a view you find detestable.

11-04-2016, 02:12 PM
(11-04-2016 01:51 PM)unsapien Wrote:  I realized about a month or so ago that nobody in my house watches TV anymore, my kids are all into Netflix, Crave TV & youtube, all I ever watch is the local news in the morning & evening. So I canceled my cable (saving about $50.00 a month) and bought a digital antenna for about $30.00 at Canadian Tire and I can get about 8 local stations.

Except you can't watch TV and have someone use the computer at the same time! The antenna is over 4 feet away from the computer monitor, but even so, if you turn on the monitor you lose all TV reception! How can my monitor be generating that much interference! If I go looking for a new monitor is there any "equipment rating" that would let me know how much electromagnetic radiation a piece of equipment produces?

I put my antenna in the attic - good reception and no interference. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2016, 02:57 PM
(24-10-2013 05:07 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Canadian internet is quite a ripoff. Its more expensive, and you get less of everything. My Bell DSL download is about 16mb/s while upload is a ridiculous 0.7 mb/s. About 6 months ago I went unlimited, before that I had a 50gb(?) cap. Ping is okay, but it depends on location being pinged...

Oh, and I guess the ISOhunt shutdown is another of my 1st world problems.

Damn Canadian internet.
11-04-2016, 03:50 PM
What is your latest first world problem ?
Food gets stuck in my tonsillectomy scars. It's been decades. Thankfully my tongue is long enough to scoop it out. But still.