What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
12-04-2016, 05:12 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(08-04-2016 12:08 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The superintendent of the detention centre I'm in the process of returning to just got replaced in the midst of overcrowding issues causing inmates to be sleeping on the shower cell floors. And the car of one of the officers just got fire bombed.

I feel like all this random stuff is delaying my rehire process because everyone is too busy with the media shit storm to be focusing on the paperwork I'm waiting for Tongue

http://www.cfra.com/news/2016/04/12/one-...tre-police

And it seems to be going from bad to worse... what the hell is going on in there? Confused

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2016, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2016 03:13 PM by yakherder.)
(12-04-2016 05:12 AM)unsapien Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 12:08 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The superintendent of the detention centre I'm in the process of returning to just got replaced in the midst of overcrowding issues causing inmates to be sleeping on the shower cell floors. And the car of one of the officers just got fire bombed.

I feel like all this random stuff is delaying my rehire process because everyone is too busy with the media shit storm to be focusing on the paperwork I'm waiting for Tongue

http://www.cfra.com/news/2016/04/12/one-...tre-police

And it seems to be going from bad to worse... what the hell is going on in there? Confused

People playing the blame game instead of fixing the problems, most of which boil down to lack of funding, severe overcrowding, and a critical staffing shortage.

As for this article, hard to say. There are a lot of people there, some with typical illnesses and many more screwed up from decades of drug abuse, so it's inevitable that some of them will die from time to time regardless of what anyone does. The only thing it mentions that might indicate that a (relatively) natural death was not the case, which would have otherwise been my first guess given that it happened at 3 a.m., is the fact that they said there was an "incident." Without anything more to go off of, it's anyone's guess. At 3 a.m. everyone except minimum security is locked in their individual cells sleeping. The only time anyone is let out is in the case of a medical emergency. So if I had to play the guessing game (which, unlike the media, I hate to do), I'd say it was either an altercation with a cellmate or an incident stemming from a response to a medical emergency.

EDIT: And here's more on that...
Bed sheets do seem to be the most common tool for committing suicide in jail.
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news...ttawa-jail

'Murican Canadian
12-04-2016, 05:38 PM
(12-04-2016 06:29 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 05:12 AM)unsapien Wrote:  http://www.cfra.com/news/2016/04/12/one-...tre-police

People playing the blame game instead of fixing the problems, most of which boil down to lack of funding, severe overcrowding, and a critical staffing shortage.

As for this article, hard to say. There are a lot of people there, some with typical illnesses and many more screwed up from decades of drug abuse, so it's inevitable that some of them will die from time to time regardless of what anyone does. The only thing it mentions that might indicate that a (relatively) natural death was not the case, which would have otherwise been my first guess given that it happened at 3 a.m., is the fact that they said there was an "incident." Without anything more to go off of, it's anyone's guess. At 3 a.m. everyone except minimum security is locked in their individual cells sleeping. The only time anyone is let out is in the case of a medical emergency. So if I had to play the guessing game (which, unlike the media, I hate to do), I'd say it was either an altercation with a cellmate or an incident stemming from a response to a medical emergency.

EDIT: And here's more on that...
Bed sheets do seem to be the most common tool for committing suicide in jail.
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news...ttawa-jail

Ok I don't know what to think about this any more... except that we spend way too much on managers (HELLO! "Sunshine List") & "studies" and nothing on fixing the problems. My wife works in the palliative care field and they are very short on nurses but have a hell of a lot of "directors"

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
14-04-2016, 07:10 AM
My 1 1/2 year old vomited on his tray and before I had a chance to clean it up he quickly grabbed a cracker and started using it as dip.

'Murican Canadian
14-04-2016, 07:12 AM
(14-04-2016 07:10 AM)yakherder Wrote:  My 1 1/2 year old vomited on his tray and before I had a chance to clean it up he quickly grabbed a cracker and started using it as dip.

Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-04-2016, 08:16 AM
(14-04-2016 07:10 AM)yakherder Wrote:  My 1 1/2 year old vomited on his tray and before I had a chance to clean it up he quickly grabbed a cracker and started using it as dip.

Laugh out load That apple didn't fall too far from the tree!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
14-04-2016, 08:34 AM
Can't wash my car for a couple days till the new windshield seals.

How will I keep the hail dents looking clean and shiny? Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-04-2016, 08:50 AM

Count yourself lucky if that's the worst that will happen.
14-04-2016, 09:06 AM
(14-04-2016 08:50 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  

Count yourself lucky if that's the worst that will happen.

It was just the latest. I mean I deal with poop and stuff like that fairly regularly, both from the baby and from doody flinging adults once I go back to corrections, but the vomit dip thing happened this morning and I just happened to find it quite creative.

'Murican Canadian
14-04-2016, 09:15 AM
(14-04-2016 09:06 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 08:50 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Count yourself lucky if that's the worst that will happen.

It was just the latest. I mean I deal with poop and stuff like that fairly regularly, both from the baby and from doody flinging adults once I go back to corrections, but the vomit dip thing happened this morning and I just happened to find it quite creative.
The following happened when my daughter was at the that age:

She was sitting in her high chair (Is that a thing in the US?) while I was cleaning out the table. Her mother had given her a chocolate cracker:

Something like this:

[Image: DSC_5779.jpg]

And was helping her older daughter in the bathroom.

On one of my trips my lovely spawn holds out her fingers and offers me some chocolate that's stuck on them. So I go:

Awwwww, thanks sweetie.

And put it in my mouth. But something was wrong. It's taste, it was off. Nothing like chocolate. Slowly a sense of dread settles on my feeble mind. I pick her out of the high chair and check her diaper aaaaand yup. It was full. The little fucker wasn't offering me chocolate. She was telling me she needed a fresh diaper.

Oh how I much prefer children that can talk.
[+] 4 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post