What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
23-04-2016, 07:40 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(23-04-2016 07:37 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 06:58 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Yeah I know Sad that's how I found out my mother didn't know him.

GaspGaspGaspGaspGaspGaspGaspGaspGaspGasp

Hey! I didn't used to get out much because of my job. 12 hours a day, working weekends, traveling for months at a time away from home, and in fact, if we wanted vacation time, we had to specify which days on the weekend we wanted off, as well. Also, when we were on travel, we couldn't take vacations, or we didn't get the per diem. Facepalm

I'm retired now, and catching up on a lot of stuff. Watching Patton Oswalt on youtube or wherever is probably #1500 on the list of shit I gotta do. No offense! The number of things I missed- school sports, music recitals, and so forth during my children's growing years are legion.

Fair Enough.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2016, 07:56 PM
I've had some pretty awesome schedules in my life. My favorite was the 24 hour shifts I had when stationed in Misawa, Japan. We had 24 hour shifts, but only had to work 10 days per month (with an occasional flight to some random ass 3rd world country) and only 8 hours of the 24 hour shift was what you'd call work. We did the shift in pairs, and the rest of the 16 hours was basically just watch TV, play video games and sleep, but be close enough to the alarm and the phone to respond if shit unexpectedly hit the fan.

And the. 2 week fly in / fly out schedule I had with De Beers here in Canada until the remote mine I was doing security at closed was also pretty nice.

Not looking forward to the consecutive 12 hour overnight shifts that have a tendency to become 16 hour shifts, given the critical staffing shortages, as I prepare to return to corrections. I am, however, looking forward to the overtime. If nothing else, I'm gonna get my vacation home built while I wait for the Canadian dollar to improve enough for the mines to be worth opening back up.

Or better yet, maybe my unit will get activated and deployed after the election. Either way.

'Murican Canadian
24-04-2016, 01:33 PM
I done broke my jerkin off hand! Weeping

24-04-2016, 03:51 PM
(24-04-2016 01:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I done broke my jerkin off hand! Weeping

Weeping

Will the other hand work?
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
24-04-2016, 04:20 PM
(24-04-2016 03:51 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 01:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I done broke my jerkin off hand! Weeping

Weeping

Will the other hand work?

Hah. I'm sure, but my right hand got all smashed up, so I gotta type with just my left pointer finger, too. One more 1st world problem. Tongue

24-04-2016, 04:53 PM

Good lord, did it happen while...well, never mind. I will show myself out. Blush

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-04-2016, 05:05 PM
(24-04-2016 04:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Good lord, did it happen while...well, never mind. I will show myself out. Blush

I promised my help to a dumbassed brother. Took both of us to lift a piece of farming equipment, and when he shoulda set it down, he threw it with no warning. Pinned my hand between it, & the cab of the truck.

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
24-04-2016, 05:17 PM
(24-04-2016 05:05 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 04:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good lord, did it happen while...well, never mind. I will show myself out. Blush

I promised my help to a dumbassed brother. Took both of us to lift a piece of farming equipment, and when he shoulda set it down, he threw it with no warning. Pinned my hand between it, & the cab of the truck.

[Image: billy-mays-o.gif]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
24-04-2016, 05:19 PM
(24-04-2016 05:17 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 05:05 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I promised my help to a dumbassed brother. Took both of us to lift a piece of farming equipment, and when he shoulda set it down, he threw it with no warning. Pinned my hand between it, & the cab of the truck.

I'd trade Billy Mays hands, right now! Tongue

25-04-2016, 07:12 AM
(24-04-2016 05:17 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 05:05 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I promised my help to a dumbassed brother. Took both of us to lift a piece of farming equipment, and when he shoulda set it down, he threw it with no warning. Pinned my hand between it, & the cab of the truck.

I call bullshit.
Firstly, he hits his hand with the flat side of the hammer and the brick with the hammerhead.
Secondly he appears to not hit his hand very hard/slow down at the last second. Where as he obviously hits the brick with full force.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post