What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
25-04-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(25-04-2016 07:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I call bullshit.
Firstly, he hits his hand with the flat side of the hammer and the brick with the hammerhead.
Secondly he appears to not hit his hand very hard/slow down at the last second. Where as he obviously hits the brick with full force.

Agreed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2016, 11:49 AM
I was trying to edit some bank account information on the Qu├ębec revenue website and the pug walked up and unleashed a devastating fart. I had to leave the computer room while it cleared, and it took long enough that my session timed out and I had to start over.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
28-04-2016, 07:17 PM
This kitchen sink is so incredibly clean...

I better rinse stuff in the bathroom for a couple days.
[+] 5 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
29-04-2016, 01:10 PM
My girlfriend received a letter saying Canada reviewed her tax return from 2011 and determined they made a mistake and she owes them about $600 and must pay it immediately to avoid incurring interest on the debt. No further explanation is given, such as where the mistake was made. When she calls to talk to someone, the system is almost always busy and, instead of a useful answering system where you can wait for your turn, it gives you the option to have them automatically notify you when the line is clear for a charge of about $3.

Having found out where the supposed problem is, it has now occurred to us that she already went through this in 2013. She paid the $600 as directed, contested the finding saying she didn't owe it, was able to prove that it was their mistake and that she didn't owe it, got a letter stating such, then had to wait a few months for them to refund the extra money that she paid unnecessarily based off their (double) mistake.

Now they seem to have lost whatever communication happened before and, as a result, are again convinced that they are owed money. Fortunately, she kept everything from that exchange including their letter at the end saying they fucked up. Nonetheless, we will have to follow the same process as before. Pay the money to avoid being in default while simultaneously contesting their finding, then wait a few months for them to refund the payment that we're about to give them.

Morals of the story:
1: Do not live check to check, as they can essentially "borrow" any sum of money they choose from you for a few months. Not a huge problem here, as we both make decent money and she's quite frugal, to make an understatement. But it's still a pain in the ass not having that money to earn interest on or invest for a few months.
2: Keep all tax paperwork and communications for your entire life.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
29-04-2016, 02:52 PM
(25-04-2016 07:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 05:17 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  [Image: billy-mays-o.gif]

I call bullshit.
Firstly, he hits his hand with the flat side of the hammer and the brick with the hammerhead.
Secondly he appears to not hit his hand very hard/slow down at the last second. Where as he obviously hits the brick with full force.

Emmm... no shit?

Although the other take where he put his hand with that thing under a driving car... that didn't go so well, atleast not the first take.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
29-04-2016, 02:54 PM
And then there's this one

I really do miss this guy.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
29-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Quote: got a letter stating such, then had to wait a few months for them to refund the extra money

Demand interest for the wait period.
If she held off paying for several months they'd charge her interest, so press for them to pay HER interest. Fuck em'.
Even if it's a few cents it'll cost them in time and effort.
30-04-2016, 06:42 AM
My parents are making me go to church.
30-04-2016, 07:30 AM
(30-04-2016 06:42 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  My parents are making me go to church.

Mine did too. That and Sunday school, every week. And the youth group. But they had free cookies after the service so I played along.

'Murican Canadian
01-05-2016, 12:20 AM
I have a date this afternoon and I have no clue what I'm going to wear.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman