What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
11-05-2016, 07:37 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
I wanna go get some lunch but a great song keeps coming on the radio.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 08:11 PM
(11-05-2016 07:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I wanna go get some lunch but a great song keeps coming on the radio.

I guess you are going to be hungry for a while. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-05-2016, 05:21 AM
I went to uni to attend to some business; while I'm killing time, I go down to the lake to see if there are any ducks out for pics for Losty and EA.

And there is a Purple Swamphen foraging. But I only have my ipod to take pictures with!! Why? Why could there be a purple swamphen out when I didn't have my real camera?!?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-05-2016, 06:54 PM
(12-05-2016 05:21 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I went to uni to attend to some business; while I'm killing time, I go down to the lake to see if there are any ducks out for pics for Losty and EA.

And there is a Purple Swamphen foraging. But I only have my ipod to take pictures with!! Why? Why could there be a purple swamphen out when I didn't have my real camera?!?

Oh that's interesting. I googled it and it looks very much like a Takahe (pronounced tark-a-hey) and Pukeko (pronounced poo-keck-oh).
I thought we were the only country to have these beautiful birds.
Takahe are more rare, they're endangered I believe. But Pukeko are far more common. You often see them on the sides of roads by rivers and such. There's a family that lives down the road from my parents.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
12-05-2016, 07:21 PM
(12-05-2016 06:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 05:21 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I went to uni to attend to some business; while I'm killing time, I go down to the lake to see if there are any ducks out for pics for Losty and EA.

Oh that's interesting. I googled it and it looks very much like a Takahe (pronounced tark-a-hey) and Pukeko (pronounced poo-keck-oh).
Takahe are more rare, they're endangered I believe. But Pukeko are far more common. You often see them on the sides of roads by rivers and such. There's a family that lives down the road from my parents.

Yeah, the Takahe and Pukeko (the Australasian Swamphen) are related, both members of the same genus. I'm used to calling the pukeko/australasian swamphen as the purple swamphen as that's what Birds in Backyards identifies it as, though it's not accurate as they mixed up the Australiasian and Western swamphens as the 'purple'.

If you might be interested, this is the shot I managed to get of it, not very good.

[Image: Bcq2OBV.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-05-2016, 07:48 PM
(24-04-2016 03:51 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 01:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I done broke my jerkin off hand! Weeping

Weeping

Will the other hand work?

Use jerkins lotion next time!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
12-05-2016, 10:59 PM
(12-05-2016 07:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 06:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh that's interesting. I googled it and it looks very much like a Takahe (pronounced tark-a-hey) and Pukeko (pronounced poo-keck-oh).

Yeah, the Takahe and Pukeko (the Australasian Swamphen) are related, both members of the same genus. I'm used to calling the pukeko/australasian swamphen as the purple swamphen as that's what Birds in Backyards identifies it as, though it's not accurate as they mixed up the Australiasian and Western swamphens as the 'purple'.

If you might be interested, this is the shot I managed to get of it, not very good.

Oh wow they look identical to pukeko. Not just same family, same bird.
Do you see them in pairs or small families? I always see them in groups.

They're not normally that close to people though, you don't see them in the cities.
Does that lady know there's one right behind her?
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
12-05-2016, 11:16 PM
(12-05-2016 10:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 07:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yeah, the Takahe and Pukeko (the Australasian Swamphen) are related, both members of the same genus. I'm used to calling the pukeko/australasian swamphen as the purple swamphen as that's what Birds in Backyards identifies it as, though it's not accurate as they mixed up the Australiasian and Western swamphens as the 'purple'.

Oh wow they look identical to pukeko. Not just same family, same bird.
Do you see them in pairs or small families? I always see them in groups.

They're not normally that close to people though, you don't see them in the cities.
Does that lady know there's one right behind her?

The Pukeko and Australasian swamphen are the same species, the other one is different.

Normally, when they do come out, I see them alone or in a pair, a few times I saw three of them stalking the bank foraging at once, but it was rare.

I don't know if the lady knew about it, but I'm sure it didn't care, she was pretty still.

15-05-2016, 01:02 AM
When I type while in Skype it sounds like a mechanical typewriter.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2016, 09:12 PM
I'm packed for a few mild early spring nights under the stars and it's freaking snowing.

Weeping

Oh well. Bring it mother nature. Show me what you got Tongue

'Murican Canadian