What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
22-05-2016, 09:06 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(22-05-2016 08:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-05-2016 08:02 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Cough, cough...here...Tongue

I still drank it. So I eyeball my vodka when making cocktails, I usually like around 4-5 shots per drink. This was closer to half a cup of vodka.

I make the worst pot jokes, ever. Weeping Guess I shouldn't do that when someone is talking about vodka. Facepalm Not quite...clear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
28-05-2016, 05:05 PM
I got a party started and in my entire house I cannot find a source of ignition. Weeping

#sigh
29-05-2016, 09:53 PM
It's Memorial Day weekend. I work at a hotel. We haven't had a General Manager for almost two months. I'm easily the most senior person on staff, outside of maintenance. Our hotel is right next to an indoor water park.

Shit is fucked constantly. I'm so glad I at least have the next two nights off. The amount of fixing other people's fuck ups that I have to do is ridiculous.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-05-2016, 12:13 AM
(29-05-2016 09:53 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It's Memorial Day weekend. I work at a hotel. We haven't had a General Manager for almost two months. I'm easily the most senior person on staff, outside of maintenance. Our hotel is right next to an indoor water park.

Shit is fucked constantly. I'm so glad I at least have the next two nights off. The amount of fixing other people's fuck ups that I have to do is ridiculous.

I used to have a mug with "all stupid but me" written on it. Smile

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
30-05-2016, 05:47 AM
I have to give a group presentation tomorrow and my group is woefully under my preferred standard of readiness tanks to the group's lives interfering. And the closer tomorrow gets, the worse I'm starting to feel... Oh gods...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-05-2016, 11:23 AM
So I'm looking at what may be a rare opportunity to get some much-needed, much-delayed dental work done... finally. Last time I went, with my former dental insurance provider I was looking at thousands out of pocket. There was just no way I could do it because I was trying to fund a divorce at the time, also out of pocket. Dodgy And I was making a new life for myself, had to save up to buy a car, etc. etc. etc.

Anyway... so this year my company switched plans over to MetLife dental and I asked my dentist if they could run the numbers again and this time I'm looking at just a little over $800 out of pocket which isn't bad at all considering the fucking heart attack they gave me the last time, not only with the, "You need a deep cleaning and a couple of root canals" Hobo but with the sticker shock of the out of pocket expense, too. Gasp

Now the question is.... how am I gonna fund this? I know my mom would help me out if she were able (which she might be but she's currently funding cheerleading expenses for my daughter) and if my stubborn ass were to ask Shy but I am leaning toward just getting a smallish loan from my bank to fund it. The next large-ish chunk of change I'll get all in one sitting won't be 'til Christmas and that's a little too late in the plan year for my comfort. They could switch dental plans next year for all I know, so I gotta try to squeeze into this miraculous window while it's still there.

Wish me luck! I fucking hate the dentist but jesus fuck I just want to get this crap taken care of. Next step in maturity is... purchase life insurance on myself at next enrollment at work. I've only fucking worked at a damn life insurance company for damn near ten years now. Hobo High time I become not only the Hair Club for Men's president, but also its client. Wink Tongue

31-05-2016, 12:11 PM
My Harley needs a bath. So many nooks and crannies to get into and lots of chrome to polish.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
03-06-2016, 07:45 PM
I managed to spontaneously get me a case of strep throat :/

CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored

I never get sick, and when I do it's not severe. Like, everyone in the house gets a nasty cold for a week, but if I catch it I have a mild cough and runny nose for one night, maybe two.

My uvula is so messed up looking it's probably YouTube worthy.

'Murican Canadian
03-06-2016, 08:39 PM
(03-06-2016 07:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I managed to spontaneously get me a case of strep throat :/

CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoredCensored

I never get sick, and when I do it's not severe. Like, everyone in the house gets a nasty cold for a week, but if I catch it I have a mild cough and runny nose for one night, maybe two.

My uvula is so messed up looking it's probably YouTube worthy.

I use chapstick to protect my lips and gargle peroxide at the first sign of a throat infection of any sort. The chapstick is to keep my lips from burning. Then, I rinse with warm salt water. If the burn comes back later, I repeat the process, but I seldom have to do that. To my knowledge, I've never had strep throat. But I may have, and just destroyed it with this method. IIRC, strep throat doesn't hurt, so maybe I'm just immune to strep. Consider
03-06-2016, 08:53 PM
I put a dvd in the player and got in bed. Dvd player states bad disc. I turned it off, too lazy to get up and find a different movie. Woe is me.

Why can't we have multiple dvd slots so we can just load it up. Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]