What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
05-06-2016, 02:22 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
So my first world problem was that I couldn't hear my mr talking from the other room because my cooking was too loud. (mmh rice salad)

My mr came to me earlier too though "Honey, I have a first world problem!" is what he actually told me.
Here is his problem: The fact that the release of No Man's Sky (a pc game) has been delayed fucked up his pc gaming schedule as he had planned to buy this game and play it over the summer and then buy Fallout 4 (also a pc game) when it is on a steam offer. Now he is sorry that he did not buy Fallout 4 back when it was 40 instead of 60 Euro so now he has nothing new to play until No Man's Sky is being released because he doesn't wanna buy Fallout 4 at full price.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Got so full at lunch that I'm having trouble finishing up my supper. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
07-06-2016, 03:38 AM
My dogs refuse to use their orthopedic beds.....

I wish more people cared about the earth as much as they care about who they believe created it
07-06-2016, 08:07 AM
(03-06-2016 08:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I use chapstick to protect my lips and gargle peroxide at the first sign of a throat infection of any sort. The chapstick is to keep my lips from burning. Then, I rinse with warm salt water. If the burn comes back later, I repeat the process, but I seldom have to do that. To my knowledge, I've never had strep throat. But I may have, and just destroyed it with this method. IIRC, strep throat doesn't hurt, so maybe I'm just immune to strep. Consider

O.o. You might be immune to strep, but I'm here to tell you that it hurts like a BITCH. often described as glass shards in your throat, it hurts to swallow. Like so bad that I'd rather spit out my normal saliva than have to swallow it. Yeesh I hate strep. Used to get it at least once a year in middle school and high school. Apparently the streptococcus bacteria is more prevalent on people who also have eczema, so yay!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
07-06-2016, 08:19 AM
I had never had it as a kid, and apparently it's more rare as an adult unless you happen to come across it while you've got a compromised immune system. Go figure. Part of the joy of having children is that their school/daycare basically serves as a gathering place for ever form of bacteria, virus and fungus ever conceived, and it surfaced a few days after I came home exhausted and sleep deprived from a couple weeks of Army fun in the mountains. That's my suspicion as to why I got it, anyway :/

Fortunately the worst of it only lasted about two days. By day three it was little worse than a mild sore throat. But for those two days, yeah it sucked.

'Murican Canadian
07-06-2016, 08:46 AM
(07-06-2016 08:07 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 08:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I use chapstick to protect my lips and gargle peroxide at the first sign of a throat infection of any sort. The chapstick is to keep my lips from burning. Then, I rinse with warm salt water. If the burn comes back later, I repeat the process, but I seldom have to do that. To my knowledge, I've never had strep throat. But I may have, and just destroyed it with this method. IIRC, strep throat doesn't hurt, so maybe I'm just immune to strep. Consider

O.o. You might be immune to strep, but I'm here to tell you that it hurts like a BITCH. often described as glass shards in your throat, it hurts to swallow. Like so bad that I'd rather spit out my normal saliva than have to swallow it. Yeesh I hate strep. Used to get it at least once a year in middle school and high school. Apparently the streptococcus bacteria is more prevalent on people who also have eczema, so yay!

I may have been misinformed. I've had sore throats like that before. Maybe it was strep and I didn't realize it. I've even gotten cough medicine with codeine in it. I also have eczema. Undecided
07-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Having just moved from Montreal to Gatineau (bordering Ottawa) to return to my previous job as a correctional officer, now I need to decide on my volunteer role. As screwed up as I perceive myself to be, I do place a high value on direct community involvement for a number of reasons.

I've narrowed it down to two choices:

1. Putting my skills as a cavalry scout to use with SBO-OVSAR (Sauvetage Bénévole Outaouais - Ottawa Volunteer Search and Rescue)

2. Continuing with an English tutor role similar to what I was doing in Montreal, but with Ottawa Community Immigrant Services.

Search and rescue sounds more exciting than it probably actually is, given that I'd be lucky to called in for anything other than training more than once per year or two, and it would probably just be a mass of people scouring a small area for short periods of time and not heading out into the boonies for a couple weeks to do real scouting as I'd like to imagine. The English tutor thing gives me the opportunity to regularly interact with refugees from fucked up places with whom I find I can relate to better than most of the spoiled lifelong suburbanites.

Decisions, decisions...

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-06-2016, 04:57 AM
I paid for a pack of cigarettes with a card, instead of cash.
14-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Yahoo.com is having technical issues right now.....
14-06-2016, 12:42 PM
I think Frito-Lay discontinued the short lived ketchup Doritos.

'Murican Canadian