What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
25-06-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(25-06-2016 09:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Have 90% of your human interaction with them and see how non-racist you are after 5 years.

I nearly married an Indian woman. We remain great friends. We met in 1990.

One of the nicest and kindest people I have ever met.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2016, 12:16 PM
(25-06-2016 09:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 01:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... Yeah. Not your best post IMO.

Have 90% of your human interaction with them and see how non-racist you are after 5 years.

Attitudes like that end up causing more harm than good IMO. You see Indians who're so different from you, act rudely to you, "smell of curry" etc. They see a white boy who doesn't show proper respect to his elders... People are actually *not* all that different, nor are they all that bad.

I'm not gonna tell you what's right, but when you post a provocative post, then comment on how people don't know what to say - you asked for it. Racism is a cancer.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-06-2016, 12:46 PM
is it racism if i hate my own race? white people around here are either rednecks or wannabe thugs. jesus fucking christ people, is it so hard to develope your own personality? why do people practically beg to be labeled into a certain category? grow some nuts and do your own thing.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
26-06-2016, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2016 01:44 PM by Anjele.)
(26-06-2016 12:46 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  is it racism if i hate my own race? white people around here are either rednecks or wannabe thugs. jesus fucking christ people, is it so hard to develope your own personality? why do people practically beg to be labeled into a certain category? grow some nuts and do your own thing.

Much that same with age. Especially with women. Lots of lists of what you shouldn't wear (or do with your hair/makeup) after 20, after 30, etc. I am staring down 60 real hard but I don't intend to start wearing capris pant/shirt matching outfits made from ugly patterns and sensible (read orthopedic) shoes. And I will grow my hair long or cut it short as I wish. For the most part, I am still the same jeans and T-shirt girl I was in my teens.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
26-06-2016, 03:52 PM
(26-06-2016 12:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 09:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Have 90% of your human interaction with them and see how non-racist you are after 5 years.

Attitudes like that end up causing more harm than good IMO. You see Indians who're so different from you, act rudely to you, "smell of curry" etc. They see a white boy who doesn't show proper respect to his elders... People are actually *not* all that different, nor are they all that bad.

I'm not gonna tell you what's right, but when you post a provocative post, then comment on how people don't know what to say - you asked for it. Racism is a cancer.

It's not the old ones, it's the ones around my age.
And age doesn't automatically equal "respect". And I'm perfectly nice and respectful to all customers and people I meet. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you need to be a cunt too them. But just because you're nice around them doesn't mean you need to like them either. I've meet nice Indians. The women are nowhere near as bad as the men for example. But for the most part they fall into the category of what I said earlier.
27-06-2016, 12:20 AM
(26-06-2016 03:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not the old ones, it's the ones around my age.
And age doesn't automatically equal "respect". And I'm perfectly nice and respectful to all customers and people I meet. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you need to be a cunt too them. But just because you're nice around them doesn't mean you need to like them either. I've meet nice Indians. The women are nowhere near as bad as the men for example. But for the most part they fall into the category of what I said earlier.

Would you like to exclude Indians from service at the shop where you work? Would you be friends with an Indian? Do you, despite saying that you *have* met nice Indians and treating them the same as any other customer, think of them as stupid?

Apart from the third question, the first two concern practical implications of racism. The third is more... that's what creates the divisions in the first place. I'm not saying you have to like everyone who comes into your shop... nor even that you shouldn't be racist, if that is what you are - but I somehow doubt you actually are that racist. Racism requires dumbfuckery. To be unable to distinguish between people other than at the level of what colour they are.

BTW the questions were not rhetorical, I am actually interested in your answers.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-06-2016, 05:09 AM
(27-06-2016 12:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 03:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not the old ones, it's the ones around my age.

Would you like to exclude Indians from service at the shop where you work? Would you be friends with an Indian? Do you, despite saying that you *have* met nice Indians and treating them the same as any other customer, think of them as stupid?

Apart from the third question, the first two concern practical implications of racism. The third is more... that's what creates the divisions in the first place. I'm not saying you have to like everyone who comes into your shop... nor even that you shouldn't be racist, if that is what you are - but I somehow doubt you actually are that racist. Racism requires dumbfuckery. To be unable to distinguish between people other than at the level of what colour they are.

BTW the questions were not rhetorical, I am actually interested in your answers.

I don't dislike Indians because they're brown. I've had personal interactions with a lot of them that have shaped my opinion of them. Most of them are like what I say.
I'm not against working with Indians just because they're Indian. I started the same day as an Indian at my current job. It was his last day last week, he went back to Indian because his study visa expired. He was a nice dude. He was hard working. Good with customers etc.. But at the same time an Indian started working about 2 weeks ago. He's a fucking cunt. A creepy cunt who needs to be fired. I worked at an Indian restaurant as the only non-Indian there. There was 2 dudes that were really nice, the rest were utter cunts particularly the boss.

I wouldn't be friends with an Indian but that's not because they're Indian that's because I haven't made new friends since primary school and likely wont make ones in the future. I'm not exactly the best in social situations outside of customer service so I tend to avoid it and it's off-putting to people. It's hard to be friends with honest introverts like myself. "Hey muffs wanna come to my party this weekend?" me: "nah".

No I don't think they're stupid. Well, no more then the general public.
Their religions are stupid. Their culture is stupid. But their intelligence? I'm indifferent.

It's hard to really explain unless you've experienced it. You can see the way a group of young Indian guys act and interact with one another and other people. Small things like pushing in front of people, not moving out the way of people. Rude shit like that. They often have a very entitled opinion of themselves and are not respectful of other people. It rubs me the wrong fucking way.
But it's their culture. They're not as accepting of women or respectful towards others or whatever as other races tend to be. The exception being Arabs but we don't get any Arabs here, too cold for them I guess.
You can have some little shithead "gangster" Maori guys come into the shop, they'll still let the little old lady onto the escalator first. An Indian guy will shove past her to make sure he and his mates get on first.

As a general rule, in my experience, that's the way it is.
27-06-2016, 06:20 AM
(27-06-2016 05:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't dislike Indians because they're brown. I've had personal interactions with a lot of them that have shaped my opinion of them. Most of them are like what I say.
I'm not against working with Indians just because they're Indian. I started the same day as an Indian at my current job. It was his last day last week, he went back to Indian because his study visa expired. He was a nice dude. He was hard working. Good with customers etc.. But at the same time an Indian started working about 2 weeks ago. He's a fucking cunt. A creepy cunt who needs to be fired. I worked at an Indian restaurant as the only non-Indian there. There was 2 dudes that were really nice, the rest were utter cunts particularly the boss.
I think you are paying too much attention to *race* as the determinant of their behaviour. Sure, some of it may be cultural, but in my experience both assholery and niceness cross cultural boundaries.

Quote:No I don't think they're stupid. Well, no more then the general public.
Their religions are stupid. Their culture is stupid. But their intelligence? I'm indifferent.
This right here ain't racism IMO...

Quote:It's hard to really explain unless you've experienced it. You can see the way a group of young Indian guys act and interact with one another and other people. Small things like pushing in front of people, not moving out the way of people. Rude shit like that. They often have a very entitled opinion of themselves and are not respectful of other people. It rubs me the wrong fucking way.
But it's their culture. They're not as accepting of women or respectful towards others or whatever as other races tend to be. The exception being Arabs but we don't get any Arabs here, too cold for them I guess.
You can have some little shithead "gangster" Maori guys come into the shop, they'll still let the little old lady onto the escalator first. An Indian guy will shove past her to make sure he and his mates get on first.

As a general rule, in my experience, that's the way it is.
I think the stuff you listed is more likely to be a function of age and family income. Possibly culture as well - some cultures *do* treat women pretty badly. Young men are always gonna act like little troglodytes.

I think personally I'm quite sensitive about racism because I see the fallout every day here. People who were denied job opportunities because of their skin colour, racially motivated crimes... and I meet a lot of openly racist people - in the end it's an opinion, and you can't police people's opinions. If they e.g. interact with a lot of poor black people and their experience of them is... that they are poor, uneducated and violent... somehow, sooner or later, their brains decide *all* black people are like that.

The problem is, even if they were, here in SA the racism was to the point where it was legislated that e.g. to study medicine you had to be white. It becomes unfair, unfairness breeds anger... It's all completely stupid, and it all starts from seemingly innocuous stuff. How far from "Indians are nasty" to one day you refusing to employ Indians in your business? OK, it's a private business but... it's just kinda evil.

02-07-2016, 06:58 PM
I guy a went to basic training with has a daughter who just finished basic training. Fuck I'm old.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
02-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Hey old, I'm Muffs.