What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
30-08-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(30-08-2016 07:42 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My Xbox One just insulted me with an Achievement called Hipster Kitty for watching three hours of videos with less than 200 views. Apparently I'm the only one who finds things like religious freedom panels interesting. Why do you even have that Achievement, Microsoft?

Laugh out load

Our society has hit Peak Consumption. Our favorite products mock us.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2016, 08:13 PM
(30-08-2016 07:51 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 07:42 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My Xbox One just insulted me with an Achievement called Hipster Kitty for watching three hours of videos with less than 200 views. Apparently I'm the only one who finds things like religious freedom panels interesting. Why do you even have that Achievement, Microsoft?

Especially since Bill Gates is an atheist. Blame it on Marketing. Tongue

So are two of the four people on the panel hosted by the Humanist Association of Houston. Laugh out load

(30-08-2016 07:52 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

Laugh out load

Our society has hit Peak Consumption. Our favorite products mock us.
I can't think of more of a first world problem/non-problem than being mocked by an entertainment system. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
30-08-2016, 10:03 PM
I'm working on upgrading the front brakes on my 46 year-old truck from drum to disc. This is a vast improvement in braking safety. But I have had to go to several stores to get the parts to make it all work. I've been at it for days, and may have to make parts for it to finally happen.
31-08-2016, 06:19 AM
I have so many computers, tablets, ereaders, books, e-books, games, technical toys, scientific toys, gadgets, tools . . .

I just don't know what to do next!

So I spend far too much time here. Smile

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
01-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Online friend got mad at me, since I wasn't taking her comments seriously (it was about jokes about women). Probably shouldn't have started that.

01-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Being short a car pool person, so I am now having to pick up children from school four times a week.

Lighthouses are more helpful than churches. — Benjamin Franklin
01-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Newest trainee. I'm taking him on a perimeter patrol of the detention centre, thinking he's paying attention as I'm talking. I turn to look at him and the guy has his phone up playing Pokemon. I then switched subjects and explained to him that many of the inmates have nothing better to do than to watch and learn what they can, and are very much aware of which officers have their shit together and which ones always have their faces buried in a phone. Kids these days... I mean, he's like 35, but still Tongue

'Murican Canadian
02-09-2016, 04:02 AM
Fireball wrote:
Quote:Especially since Bill Gates is an atheist. Blame it on Marketing. Tongue
Shia Hulud wrote:
Quote:So are two of the four people on the panel hosted by the Humanist Association of Houston. Laugh out load

Shai Hulud, if I read that right you find the idea of atheist humanists strange. As such a beast may I ask if you know of any theist humanists? Every humanist I know is certainly an atheist.

Genuine query. I have found atheists in tbe past who do not understand the nature of humanism.

02-09-2016, 09:08 PM
First World Problem: This church on YouTube needs to be taught how to properly do audio if they're trying to scare me into a form of salvation. Can barely hear the "actors" with my TV volume maxed out.

(02-09-2016 04:02 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Fireball wrote:
Quote:Especially since Bill Gates is an atheist. Blame it on Marketing. Tongue
Shia Hulud wrote:
Quote:So are two of the four people on the panel hosted by the Humanist Association of Houston. Laugh out load

Shai Hulud, if I read that right you find the idea of atheist humanists strange. As such a beast may I ask if you know of any theist humanists? Every humanist I know is certainly an atheist.

Genuine query. I have found atheists in tbe past who do not understand the nature of humanism.

That would be because, sorry for not being clear, that's not what I meant at all. Fireball joked that Bill Gates was an atheist, and it was my intent to point out that two of the four panelists on the tolerance panel were also atheists, and that the panel itself was put on by the Humanist Association of Houston. The other two members of the panel were Christians, one quite liberal, one more of a moderate. It was really quite civil. Smile

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2016, 12:30 PM
(02-09-2016 09:08 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  First World Problem: This church on YouTube needs to be taught how to properly do audio if they're trying to scare me into a form of salvation. Can barely hear the "actors" with my TV volume maxed out.

(02-09-2016 04:02 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Fireball wrote:
Shia Hulud wrote:

That would be because, sorry for not being clear, that's not what I meant at all. Fireball joked that Bill Gates was an atheist, and it was my intent to point out that two of the four panelists on the tolerance panel were also atheists, and that the panel itself was put on by the Humanist Association of Houston. The other two members of the panel were Christians, one quite liberal, one more of a moderate. It was really quite civil. Smile
Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post