What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
30-09-2016, 09:11 PM
What is your latest first world problem ?
The more money I make the more I feel I have to make. Such a stressful thing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(30-09-2016 09:10 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Back to the grind. Had a few days off, tonight I start the first of eight consecutive twelve hour shifts from midnight to noon.

First night of a string of overnights is always a caffeine heavy shift Tongue

I know that feeling. Back in '86-'87, I had an assignment where I worked 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for three months. I finally rebelled, and told management that I was going to work it, but was taking every other Sunday off. Which I did for the remaining 6 months of the program. But I didn't have to put up with lawbreakers (technically speaking).
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
30-09-2016, 09:22 PM
(30-09-2016 09:11 PM)KUSA Wrote:  The more money I make the more I feel I have to make. Such a stressful thing.

Get it while you can, bub. You can never tell what kind of crap management will pull, next.
30-09-2016, 10:30 PM
Apple IDs linking shit that shouldn't be linked and fucking up my world. Angry

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
30-09-2016, 11:11 PM
My oldest daughter got her interim reports in. She did well in everything except science, which she only has a 48% in. I was like "Okay, I need to call your teacher and see what's going on." Turns out... the teacher gives them 0's for future assignments until they do them. Which is so stupid, it makes me want to hit something. Why would you calculate grades that way? I'm glad I didn't overreact and ground my daughter for a grade that's not her fault. It's just so stupid. 0 should NOT be a placeholder. Her teacher seems to think it's a 'great idea'.
30-09-2016, 11:19 PM
I ate too many sweets tonight and I feel bad now.
01-10-2016, 01:27 AM
My eyes get tired from looking at a tablet screen too long.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
01-10-2016, 05:58 PM
how am I supposed to stay up and party with my internet friends when my body naturally wakes up at 8 in the god damn morning now

this healthy sleep schedule is disgusting
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
01-10-2016, 06:58 PM
(01-10-2016 05:58 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  how am I supposed to stay up and party with my internet friends when my body naturally wakes up at 8 in the god damn morning now

this healthy sleep schedule is disgusting

Healthy sleeping is so overrated.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
01-10-2016, 07:28 PM
(30-09-2016 11:11 PM)Ash Wrote:  My oldest daughter got her interim reports in. She did well in everything except science, which she only has a 48% in. I was like "Okay, I need to call your teacher and see what's going on." Turns out... the teacher gives them 0's for future assignments until they do them. Which is so stupid, it makes me want to hit something. Why would you calculate grades that way? I'm glad I didn't overreact and ground my daughter for a grade that's not her fault. It's just so stupid. 0 should NOT be a placeholder. Her teacher seems to think it's a 'great idea'.

Somebody's science teacher can't math and doesn't know what grades are for.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post