What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
01-10-2016, 07:41 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(01-10-2016 06:58 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(01-10-2016 05:58 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  how am I supposed to stay up and party with my internet friends when my body naturally wakes up at 8 in the god damn morning now

this healthy sleep schedule is disgusting

Healthy sleeping is so overrated.

I mean don't get me wrong I love falling into a nice coma every now and then...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2016, 08:15 PM
(30-09-2016 11:11 PM)Ash Wrote:  My oldest daughter got her interim reports in. She did well in everything except science, which she only has a 48% in. I was like "Okay, I need to call your teacher and see what's going on." Turns out... the teacher gives them 0's for future assignments until they do them. Which is so stupid, it makes me want to hit something. Why would you calculate grades that way? I'm glad I didn't overreact and ground my daughter for a grade that's not her fault. It's just so stupid. 0 should NOT be a placeholder. Her teacher seems to think it's a 'great idea'.

Going through school myself and having three grown kids, I have encountered teachers doing some really stupid things. This is way, way at the top of my list now...unbelievable. I would have literally been beaten for bringing home a grade like that. No question in my mind about that because I was beaten for much better grades than that. Good grief. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
01-10-2016, 08:26 PM
(30-09-2016 09:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 09:10 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Back to the grind. Had a few days off, tonight I start the first of eight consecutive twelve hour shifts from midnight to noon.

First night of a string of overnights is always a caffeine heavy shift Tongue

I know that feeling. Back in '86-'87, I had an assignment where I worked 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for three months. I finally rebelled, and told management that I was going to work it, but was taking every other Sunday off. Which I did for the remaining 6 months of the program. But I didn't have to put up with lawbreakers (technically speaking).

The inmates make for better conversation than I'd find working in a cubical.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
02-10-2016, 02:26 AM
(01-10-2016 07:28 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 11:11 PM)Ash Wrote:  My oldest daughter got her interim reports in. She did well in everything except science, which she only has a 48% in. I was like "Okay, I need to call your teacher and see what's going on." Turns out... the teacher gives them 0's for future assignments until they do them. Which is so stupid, it makes me want to hit something. Why would you calculate grades that way? I'm glad I didn't overreact and ground my daughter for a grade that's not her fault. It's just so stupid. 0 should NOT be a placeholder. Her teacher seems to think it's a 'great idea'.

Somebody's science teacher can't math and doesn't know what grades are for.

I suspect it's someone who doesn't know how to Excel. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2016, 08:32 PM

Yes

Maybe that teacher has a degree in education, with a minor in science. I can easily see this happening, unfortunately. Reporting fractional progress based on actual performance is the expected method, at least for the time I've been in the educational system (16 years plus post-baccalaureate work). Not some cockamamie system that has an expected end value, as you have seen. Good for you for not being an intercontinental ballistic dad before finding out the facts. Thumbsup
03-10-2016, 11:31 AM
People who laugh at their own jokes, almost as a punctuation.

Fuck, that's annoying.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
03-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Did a load of laundry yesterday.

Put towels in the dryer, but became distracted and forgot to turn it on. They dry better when the dryer is turned on.

Now I'm doing laundry again.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Bugger, now, which of my three tablets and two smart phones was that friggin picture on!

I must put them all in the cloud and synch everything one day.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
03-10-2016, 03:33 PM
I'm writing so many thank you cards for the gifts people gave us at the wedding my hand hurts...
03-10-2016, 07:05 PM
It got hot today. Summer is supposed to be done.

'Murican Canadian