What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
21-10-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(21-10-2016 05:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Internet Attack Spreads, Disrupting Major Websites
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/22/busine....html?_r=0

"Dyn, whose servers monitor and reroute internet traffic, said it began experiencing what security experts called a distributed denial-of-service attack just after 7 a.m. Reports that many sites were inaccessible started on the East Coast, but spread westward in three waves as the day wore on and into the evening.

And in a troubling development, the attack appears to have relied on hundreds of thousands of internet-connected devices like cameras, baby monitors and home routers that have been infected — without their owners’ knowledge — with software that allows hackers to command them to flood a target with overwhelming traffic.”

I’m having sporadic blackouts, fuck those hackers.

This is why I don't and won't buy electrics that participate in the IoT, beyond my phone and laptop. And if there were a way to boil these lame brains in their own oil, I'd be for it. Putting on my conspiracy theorist hat, I'll say that this is a precursor to "rigging the election". In spite of the fact that the voting system is archaic and broken into so many chunks that it would actually be impossible to hack parts of it, or most of it, when you get right down to it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2016, 06:48 PM
(21-10-2016 06:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 05:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Internet Attack Spreads, Disrupting Major Websites
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/22/busine....html?_r=0

"Dyn, whose servers monitor and reroute internet traffic, said it began experiencing what security experts called a distributed denial-of-service attack just after 7 a.m. Reports that many sites were inaccessible started on the East Coast, but spread westward in three waves as the day wore on and into the evening.

And in a troubling development, the attack appears to have relied on hundreds of thousands of internet-connected devices like cameras, baby monitors and home routers that have been infected — without their owners’ knowledge — with software that allows hackers to command them to flood a target with overwhelming traffic.”

I’m having sporadic blackouts, fuck those hackers.

This is why I don't and won't buy electrics that participate in the IoT, beyond my phone and laptop. And if there were a way to boil these lame brains in their own oil, I'd be for it. Putting on my conspiracy theorist hat, I'll say that this is a precursor to "rigging the election". In spite of the fact that the voting system is archaic and broken into so many chunks that it would actually be impossible to hack parts of it, or most of it, when you get right down to it.

Anyone who thinks that connecting voting machines to the internet is a good idea is a moron. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-10-2016, 11:28 AM
I need to put a face to a character in my novel and I'm drawing a blank... Weeping

27-10-2016, 11:53 AM
(27-10-2016 11:28 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I need to put a face to a character in my novel and I'm drawing a blank... Weeping

This might sound silly, but when I took a Creative Writing course in college, the professor suggested going through clothing catalogs, magazines, etc. to try and find a face for the character.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-10-2016, 11:54 AM
Today i blew up my first and only prototype of our latest integrated circuit. A batch of new ones was sent by our supplier from the US last week, but they got all lost on the way it seems. Gasp
Dammit, if i just didt do that silly Censored Censored Censored

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
27-10-2016, 01:04 PM
(21-10-2016 06:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 06:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  This is why I don't and won't buy electrics that participate in the IoT, beyond my phone and laptop. And if there were a way to boil these lame brains in their own oil, I'd be for it. Putting on my conspiracy theorist hat, I'll say that this is a precursor to "rigging the election". In spite of the fact that the voting system is archaic and broken into so many chunks that it would actually be impossible to hack parts of it, or most of it, when you get right down to it.

Anyone who thinks that connecting voting machines to the internet is a good idea is a moron. Drinking Beverage

Yes
01-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Was flipping between Agents of SHIELD and World Series when my digital cable box decided it was a fine time to die. Why am I up right now? Because I wanted to watch those two things. Petty, minor, first world problem, yes. But gah.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2016, 08:59 PM
(21-10-2016 06:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 06:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  This is why I don't and won't buy electrics that participate in the IoT, beyond my phone and laptop. And if there were a way to boil these lame brains in their own oil, I'd be for it. Putting on my conspiracy theorist hat, I'll say that this is a precursor to "rigging the election". In spite of the fact that the voting system is archaic and broken into so many chunks that it would actually be impossible to hack parts of it, or most of it, when you get right down to it.

Anonymous supports the 2nd amendment Tongue

'Murican Canadian
01-11-2016, 09:27 PM
(01-11-2016 08:59 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 06:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  Anyone who thinks that connecting voting machines to the internet is a good idea is a moron. Drinking Beverage

Anonymous supports the 2nd amendment Tongue

Not sure on how to parse this. Huh
01-11-2016, 10:38 PM
No Morningstar "sausage" for brekky tomorrow. Or cereal.