What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
02-11-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
I have a student drunk dialing my office for another faculty member...uncertain to laugh or cry, but definitely counts for a FWP.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
02-11-2016, 07:38 PM
This is too romantic. Too wonderful. Too perfect! I cried and had to get a damned box of Kleenex after listening to Brian Stokes Mitchell's stunning voice. Time stands still sometimes and this is as close to voice perfection as it gets.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-11-2016, 11:56 PM
Don't have a car/motorbike so am limited by bicycle.
My flatmate works at a large hardware store.
I'm trying to build a rocket and so need certain materials found at a hardware store.
I told him that if you add potassium nitrate and sugar you can great a very flammable substance.
Now he thinks I'm trying to build a bomb and refuses to get me prices of the materials I need and buy them for me (I give him the money of course), no matter how many times I try to explain I'm making a rocket and not a bomb.

(This is a rather appropriate first world issue I think. If this was a muslim third world country I'd probably have the opposite problem "build bomb, not rocket what the hell are you doing? we gotta kill the infidel not do a science project!")

[Image: oscar.png]
05-11-2016, 12:03 AM
(04-11-2016 11:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't have a car/motorbike so am limited by bicycle.
I'm trying to build a rocket and so need certain materials found at a hardware store.
I told him that if you add potassium nitrate and sugar you can great a very flammable substance.
Now he thinks I'm trying to build a bomb and refuses to get me prices of the materials I need and buy them for me (I give him the money of course), no matter how many times I try to explain I'm making a rocket and not a bomb.

(This is a rather appropriate first world issue I think. If this was a muslim third world country I'd probably have the opposite problem "build bomb, not rocket what the hell are you doing? we gotta kill the infidel not do a science project!")

The difference between a rocket and a bomb the the duration and direction of the explosion.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
05-11-2016, 12:05 AM
(05-11-2016 12:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 11:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't have a car/motorbike so am limited by bicycle.

The difference between a rocket and a bomb the the duration and direction of the explosion.

I think that's why he thinks I'm building a bomb because when asked "are you building a bomb" my answer was "umm well.. sorta".

[Image: oscar.png]
05-11-2016, 12:09 AM
(05-11-2016 12:05 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 12:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The difference between a rocket and a bomb the the duration and direction of the explosion.

I think that's why he thinks I'm building a bomb because when asked "are you building a bomb" my answer was "umm well.. sorta".

[Image: 67045899.jpg]

Live and learn. Be upfront with all of your potentially explosive shenanigans.

06-11-2016, 01:52 PM
My 12 hour overnight shift got changed to 13 hours due to daylight savings (Censored daylight savings), then extended 4 hours (Censored no shows), making for a 17 hour shift. Then I got stuck in traffic on the way home because my usual shortcut was closed off because some totally selfish guy got stabbed and died and turned a high traffic intersection into a crime scene, forcing me to go through the downtown route. Now I'm home with 5 hours til my next shift starts and I'm in that energized zombie mode where I'm a little hazy but still can't sleep.

Godammit. By midnight I'm gonna need caffeine injected directly into my heart Pulp Fiction style.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
06-11-2016, 03:09 PM
I found hair in my food and it wasn't mine Weeping
06-11-2016, 11:05 PM
(06-11-2016 01:52 PM)yakherder Wrote:  My 12 hour overnight shift got changed to 13 hours due to daylight savings (Censored daylight savings), then extended 4 hours (Censored no shows), making for a 17 hour shift. Then I got stuck in traffic on the way home because my usual shortcut was closed off because some totally selfish guy got stabbed and died and turned a high traffic intersection into a crime scene, forcing me to go through the downtown route. Now I'm home with 5 hours til my next shift starts and I'm in that energized zombie mode where I'm a little hazy but still can't sleep.

Godammit. By midnight I'm gonna need caffeine injected directly into my heart Pulp Fiction style.

Full time night shift here.

[Image: i_hug_that_feel.png]

07-11-2016, 12:12 PM
My evaluation by my supervisor is next class.* Meanwhile I still feel under the weather.

*Last year she dinged me on my eval for mis-speaking once when I said "rob" instead of "burgle" to give an idea of how anal this eval can get.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user