What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
23-11-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(23-11-2016 12:59 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(21-11-2016 08:20 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  The trip home was...First World Problems personified. Tongue Had to check out at noon, flight didn't leave until 7pm, so I had to wait for three hours by the Southwest ticket counter (they have a policy you can't check bags more than 4 hours before a flight). TSA line took forever, one of the machines was broken. First flight was delayed, then on time, and still left late. Got to Atlanta for my connector with less than 10 minutes before it was to take off (after having to sit on the runway waiting for a plane to get out of our spot we needed to pull into) and sprinted, huffing and puffing down 12 terminals worth of space, only to find no one had boarded my second flight (thank goodness!), but that was because the plane with our flight crew on it was just landing in the terminal next to the one I ran from. We left about 45 minutes late. Woman in front of me was belligerently drunk and kept yelling at the Packers on her tablet, as she was streaming the game via the flight's wireless. In the row behind me there was a screaming baby. Between the two, couldn't hear my audiobook, so tried the 3DS...only to have the battery die an hour from landing. Then, this morning, the copier ran out of paper while I was making copies. Meaning people weren't polite enough to refill after using it. Opened up the cabinet to the paper...it was the same as I left it a week ago. I was the last one to refill the copier (with 2000 sheets of paper) last week too.

*Hugs* I give you credit for braving holiday travel Wink

Thanks! Though really, unless I wanted to stay around New Orleans without reimbursement, it was less "braving" and more "having to". Tongue Philosophy prof told me I should've taken the train all the way back to Chicago, then switched trains back to Cheeseland, and he'd have picked me up at the depot lol. For some reason, this all still sounded better than 19 hours on a train for almost 1.5 times the cost... (though the train would have outlets...)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
24-11-2016, 01:59 AM
Thinking about what I'd going to eat for Thanksgiving.

Probably going to order Chinese from the local tale-out place. I know the family, they're good people.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
24-11-2016, 04:31 AM
(24-11-2016 01:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Thinking about what I'd going to eat for Thanksgiving.

Probably going to order Chinese from the local tale-out place. I know the family, they're good people.

This is super depressing. Reminds me I just moved to the other side of town and now instead of 1.5km away from the Chinese take out place I'm almost 4km away. Weeping

Thanks a lot EK, way to bring up a touchy subject for me you insensitive cunt. I'm so triggered right now.

How about you think before you type next time. Angry

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
24-11-2016, 05:31 AM
(24-11-2016 04:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 01:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Thinking about what I'd going to eat for Thanksgiving.

This is super depressing. Reminds me I just moved to the other side of town and now instead of 1.5km away from the Chinese take out place I'm almost 4km away. Weeping

Thanks a lot EK, way to bring up a touchy subject for me you insensitive cunt. I'm so triggered right now.

Oh, I will. Now I'm going to think to myself of how depressed and dejected you are while I'm enjoying my delicious Crab Rangoon, Fried Dumplings, and Sweet & Sour Pork with Fried Rice.

Your tears will be delicious.

[Image: 88c.jpg]

I could live Tweet it for you if you'd like.

I'll eat it while listening to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries for extra gravitas.

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-11-2016, 05:41 AM
(24-11-2016 05:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 04:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is super depressing. Reminds me I just moved to the other side of town and now instead of 1.5km away from the Chinese take out place I'm almost 4km away. Weeping

Oh, I will. Now I'm going to think to myself of how depressed and dejected you are while I'm enjoying my delicious Crab Rangoon, Fried Dumplings, and Sweet & Sour Pork with Fried Rice.

I'll eat it while listening to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries for extra gravitas.

EK you aren't respecting muffsy's safespace. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-11-2016, 06:25 AM
(24-11-2016 04:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Bah! You could build a clipper ship and pick up Chinese take-out from China. Tongue

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
24-11-2016, 06:29 AM
So much food to prepare today. Sadcryface
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2016, 06:31 AM
(24-11-2016 05:41 AM)Anjele Wrote:  EK you aren't respecting muffsy's safespace. Confused

The only family close enough to eat with are the religious assholes that can't open a bag of chips without saying grace. I couldn't get the holiday off, so I couldn't travel to visit my cool family. Plus my country just elected a belligerent billionaire game-show host hoping that he would fight the establishment on behalf of rust belt farmers.

Being an asshole (and eating Chinese food) is how I cope. Don't take that away from me. Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-11-2016, 06:43 AM
Tomorrow i have to go in to uni for a reassessment by the resident psychologist.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-11-2016, 09:37 PM
(24-11-2016 05:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 04:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is super depressing. Reminds me I just moved to the other side of town and now instead of 1.5km away from the Chinese take out place I'm almost 4km away. Weeping

Earmuffs won. Tried calling the Chinese place 3 times, never got through. Guess they were more American than I gave them credit for. Sadcryface

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post