What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
24-11-2016, 09:39 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2016, 10:14 PM
Weeping

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Actually, I only got 4 hours of sleep because of an acute case of 'One-More-Turn-Itus', on account of getting Civilization: Beyond Earth and it's DLC super cheap during the holiday sale on Steam.

[Image: header.jpg?t=1447359470]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-11-2016, 09:55 AM
I am sitting in the airport and I just saw an ad for a Chia Pet that is themed like the Donald. I now have to go and face my Chinese colleagues coming from a country that just elected an orange orangutan as its next leader. Shit.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
26-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Ever since my car broke down, I'm half-scared driving the damn thing. Sad I wish I could make do with just riding a bicycle everywhere.

02-12-2016, 08:20 AM
My very serious first world problem is that I don't have one of these. Yet.

'Murican Canadian
04-12-2016, 02:29 PM
My school's online platform isn't loading, so I can't grade the submitted papers from my three Intro classes.

(24-11-2016 10:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Actually, I only got 4 hours of sleep because of an acute case of 'One-More-Turn-Itus', on account of getting Civilization: Beyond Earth and it's DLC super cheap during the holiday sale on Steam.

[Image: header.jpg?t=1447359470]

As long as you're not thinking "Take that theist!" as you kill the poor Siege Worm that's modeled after the sandworm of Arrakis. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Mylatestfirst world problem is looking fora job. Had hoped tofind an internet job, but they all prove phony. Ihave been presented with 4 phony checks in thelast 30 days. One destroyed a new bank account i set up locally to have a local bank since i am 40 miles from the branch f the huge bank I have a n account in and that distributes my Social Security checks.
It sure seems there shoud be son=me valid way t make money on theinternet, but I cannot find it. Let's post ads on Craigslist for Real Estate Companies. Why not?Well I posted 31 ads for one guy whse English was worse than imaginable, something passed thru Google translate, r maybe Giggle translate. But houses from Florida to Maine and Wisconsin and Idaho all renting for $700 per month. Then wheni have earned about $ 300 he sends me a check for $2100, and says I should pay his other employees out of it. I am supposed to deposit in the ATM and then withdraw cash to send away. But i took the check into the bank and suggested that maybe it was less than kosher. They sent it to their anti-fraud department and it was declared to be phony..
Is there such a thing as a ;egit internet job?
ANyone heard of such without basic knowledge in a given fielld?
04-12-2016, 04:06 PM
(04-12-2016 02:55 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Is there such a thing as a ;egit internet job?

Internet job, yes. Without specific professional knowledge, much less likely.

My girlfriend works primarily from her cave, I mean home office in the basement, as a marketing analyst, going through websites and sorting data gathered by various software. The only time she really works out of the house is when she has to meet a client. Every once in a while she gets lured into the company's actual physical office when her boss baits her with free lunch. It's completely unrelated to her original career field as a dietetics major, but she added an MBA to her resume and learned a few programming languages on her own time. Pretty easy to do nowadays with all the free online programming courses available.

'Murican Canadian
04-12-2016, 04:15 PM
(04-12-2016 02:55 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Mylatestfirst world problem is looking fora job. Had hoped tofind an internet job, but they all prove phony. Ihave been presented with 4 phony checks in thelast 30 days. One destroyed a new bank account i set up locally to have a local bank since i am 40 miles from the branch f the huge bank I have a n account in and that distributes my Social Security checks.
It sure seems there shoud be son=me valid way t make money on theinternet, but I cannot find it. Let's post ads on Craigslist for Real Estate Companies. Why not?Well I posted 31 ads for one guy whse English was worse than imaginable, something passed thru Google translate, r maybe Giggle translate. But houses from Florida to Maine and Wisconsin and Idaho all renting for $700 per month. Then wheni have earned about $ 300 he sends me a check for $2100, and says I should pay his other employees out of it. I am supposed to deposit in the ATM and then withdraw cash to send away. But i took the check into the bank and suggested that maybe it was less than kosher. They sent it to their anti-fraud department and it was declared to be phony..
Is there such a thing as a ;egit internet job?

What is your background in? I had one work at home job that I did on a part-time basis--along with my full-time career--back when I was working as a gerontologist.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi