What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
06-12-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(06-12-2016 03:17 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Combination of 1st world, rant and small things that make you frown-

Somebody hit my new car (<2800 miles on it, bought in June) in the parking lot, did about $2000 in damage and didn't leave a note. No cameras, either. Probably why they didn't bother with a note. Ass Clown. Angry

Oh no! That sucks. So Sorry FB. What an ass that man was. This is when I wish karma was a real thing. Angry

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-12-2016, 03:34 PM
(06-12-2016 03:31 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 03:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yes, it's the environmentally friendly option Tongue

The other similarly environmentally friendly option is to use the shower for both. Well, as long as you remember to chew your food enough that it won't clog up the drain.

Yabut, corn Wink

Okay, even I grossed myself out on that one Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-12-2016, 06:04 PM
(06-12-2016 03:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 03:31 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The other similarly environmentally friendly option is to use the shower for both. Well, as long as you remember to chew your food enough that it won't clog up the drain.

Yabut, corn Wink

Just use a skewer stick to break it up. I worked at a place one time where someone threw up in the sink. Boss told me to clean it up, and I poked at it with a skinny stick with the water running until it all went down. That was in '71 or '72.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
06-12-2016, 06:07 PM
(06-12-2016 03:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 03:17 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Combination of 1st world, rant and small things that make you frown-

Somebody hit my new car (<2800 miles on it, bought in June) in the parking lot, did about $2000 in damage and didn't leave a note. No cameras, either. Probably why they didn't bother with a note. Ass Clown. Angry

Oh no! That sucks. So Sorry FB. What an ass that man was. This is when I wish karma was a real thing. Angry

Ima put up flyers and see if anyone saw anything. Turns out it's just under $1000, so we'll see what happens. Every time I see damage, I double it, because that always seems to be the way it goes. Buncha old coots, might not have even noticed the hit. Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-12-2016, 06:26 PM

Holy crap, I'm sorry Sad

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2016, 06:33 PM
(06-12-2016 06:04 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 03:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yabut, corn Wink

Just use a skewer stick to break it up. I worked at a place one time where someone threw up in the sink. Boss told me to clean it up, and I poked at it with a skinny stick with the water running until it all went down. That was in '71 or '72.

Tongue

[Image: themoreyouknow.jpg?h=328&amp;w=500]

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-12-2016, 08:14 PM
I've listened to three atheist audiobooks now. Within about a minute we're done with the pre-book stuff. Started a Catholic apologetics audiobook...find myself staring at my iPod thinking, "...when will the legal disclaimers end?!"

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2016, 11:14 PM
(06-12-2016 06:26 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  

Holy crap, I'm sorry Sad

It's just a car. But the thing that gets me is people who don't give a damn about what they do to people's property, or to people, either, or don't even know that they ran into something. that worries me the most. As I mentioned earlier, it turns out to only be a little less than $1000. At the senior center where it happened, we've had people get run over, crushed between cars, etc., because some people refuse to give up driving. Our city has a dial-a-ride that is subsidized by the city and/or county just for the purpose of helping seniors who can't drive any more. My mother in law used it for awhile after she moved in with us (at my wife's insistence, and I totally agreed), because she's got Alzheimer's and dementia, and has cataract surgery that was less than completely effective (not the doctor's fault- she's 89, after all). But her symptoms are advanced enough that we don't expect her to go to the senior center and interact in any meaningful way. Kind of a bummer, really. She's a sweet lady, but her intellect is going. I make sure she gets breakfast on the days where I go to my carving class, but I have to make sure I get home to make lunch. I was late today because of making the police report, and she had not gotten herself lunch. Sadcryface I made her lunch after I got home. Next time, I'll go home, then make the report, if it ever happens again.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-12-2016, 11:28 PM
went to pick up a treadmill on Craigslist, started the truck and it shook and smoked and was unhappy. I warmed it up and decided to go anyway, see what happens.
Must be a broken ring because the blowby gets worse as I go. Then on the way home, I get rear ended. No much damage but it was an insult added to the injury. Now I get to overhaul the engine a year sooner than I had planned.
07-12-2016, 02:05 AM
Went to mcdonald drive thu' for dinner yesterday (don't judge, I hadn't eaten for nearly 24 hours and needed something quick, hot and cheap), and there was no bottom bun on my burger. Didn't have the time to go back and complain.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post