What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
23-12-2016, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2016 06:25 PM by Astreja.)
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Have to run out after work to buy a latch for the clothes dryer, which I broke when switching the hinges to the opposite side. Hoping that we'll get let out a couple of hours early because of the holidays. Otherwise I won't have time to pop home and grab the car, and will have to bus it posthaste to the appliance parts store to get there before 5:00.

ETA: Got there in time, but they don't stock the part and would have to order it in. Time to invest in a fresh package of 5-minute epoxy and just fix the old latch. (In the meantime, there's a storage box in the basement that is heavy enough to hold the dryer door closed.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
26-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Two. One, my father mumbles almost everything and then gets cranky when people ask "What?" and claims none of us can here. Like he was just asking when I go to a friend's to get fitted for a suit for a wedding. "What? My cups?" "mumble" "Cucks?" "mumble" "What?" "CUFFS!" "What cuffs?" "Your suit!"

The other first world problem; I've been playing multiplayer games for about 18 years now, since I was 12 or so. Still getting, "you need to pause that game and X".

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
26-12-2016, 11:53 AM
As a contractor, monthly year round bills, with winter lapses in jobs to pay them on time. They shut off my gas last month without a warning letter or even a knock on the door prior to. Bastards. But that's what happens when you have a monopoly on the Chesapeake.

I just wish I could find a legitimate work-at-home job to make ends meet. Otherwise I'm not even going to be able to afford the meat ends at the local grocer so that I can eat.

(24-10-2013 01:19 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  What about us who don't live in the first world?
That's a problem. Confused

[Image: vcrzu1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
26-12-2016, 04:39 PM
I tried sauerkraut. 'Nuff said.
[+] 1 user Likes Sloane's post
27-12-2016, 08:25 AM
The other day it was 10 below zero yet still rained for the whole day. The aftermath is a textbook example of freezing rain.

My yard already had a few feet of snow. Now that snow is frozen and covered in a thick layer of ice. If I were inclined to go check on my garden, I'd need a fire axe or something.

'Murican Canadian
27-12-2016, 10:34 AM
(27-12-2016 08:25 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The other day it was 10 below zero yet still rained for the whole day. The aftermath is a textbook example of freezing rain.

My yard already had a few feet of snow. Now that snow is frozen and covered in a thick layer of ice. If I were inclined to go check on my garden, I'd need a fire axe or something.

Why not both fire and an axe? What could possibly go wrong? Big Grin

We had freezing weather here, after the rain on xmas eve. Damn near fell on my ass on our brick patio. We're in southern California. Checkmate, global warming! Laughat
27-12-2016, 01:15 PM
(26-12-2016 04:39 PM)Sloane Wrote:  I tried sauerkraut. 'Nuff said.

Oh, great -- Now I 'm craving a Reuben sandwich but have no rye bread or Swiss cheese in the house. Sad
27-12-2016, 02:36 PM

Whats wrong with sauerkraut? Consider Dodgy

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
27-12-2016, 03:52 PM
(27-12-2016 02:36 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

Depressed Germans don't bother you?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-12-2016, 04:03 PM
(27-12-2016 02:36 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

No idea. Maybe some people are just unrefined so they can't appreciate the taste? Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post