What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
27-12-2016, 06:23 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(27-12-2016 03:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-12-2016 02:36 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Whats wrong with sauerkraut? Consider Dodgy

Depressed Germans don't bother you?

Not sure if I should Facepalm or Laugh out load at that one so I'm doing both.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
27-12-2016, 07:51 PM
(27-12-2016 04:03 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(27-12-2016 02:36 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Whats wrong with sauerkraut? Consider Dodgy
No idea. Maybe some people are just unrefined so they can't appreciate the taste? Wink

At least I tried it, lol. I guess fermented cabbage isn't my thing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also assumed not liking a particular food would have been a fine example of a first world problem.
27-12-2016, 07:53 PM
(27-12-2016 02:36 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(26-12-2016 04:39 PM)Sloane Wrote:  I tried sauerkraut. 'Nuff said.

Whats wrong with sauerkraut? Consider Dodgy

They probably got that store-bought shit in a jar that uses a pickling brine instead of the proper lactic acid process. The lactic acid process produces a sauerkraut that is tasty. Drooling Like my mom used to make! I have the crock and the grater but don't have a cool enough place to brew a batch. The vinegar process is one that produces really sour sauerkraut that isn't fit to be fed to swine.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
27-12-2016, 08:01 PM
(27-12-2016 07:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

They probably got that store-bought shit in a jar that uses a pickling brine instead of the proper lactic acid process. The lactic acid process produces a sauerkraut that is tasty. Drooling Like my mom used to make! I have the crock and the grater but don't have a cool enough place to brew a batch. The vinegar process is one that produces really sour sauerkraut that isn't fit to be fed to swine.

I think it was Boar's Head Sauerkraut, which is supposed to be pretty good.
27-12-2016, 08:48 PM
(27-12-2016 08:01 PM)Sloane Wrote:  
(27-12-2016 07:53 PM)Fireball Wrote:  They probably got that store-bought shit in a jar that uses a pickling brine instead of the proper lactic acid process. The lactic acid process produces a sauerkraut that is tasty. Drooling Like my mom used to make! I have the crock and the grater but don't have a cool enough place to brew a batch. The vinegar process is one that produces really sour sauerkraut that isn't fit to be fed to swine.

I think it was Boar's Head Sauerkraut, which is supposed to be pretty good.

I'll try it sometime. I'm usually pretty disappointed with sauerkraut, based on the quality. Off the top of my head, I don't have any brands to recommend. Note- Deesse23 lives in Germany, so he probably has access to the properly made type(s).
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
30-12-2016, 04:21 PM
In partial reference to the conversation from a couple pages ago.

Look, we're in the news again Hobo

Shower cells, segregation, suicides and reform: A year in the life of Ottawa's troubled jail

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-12-2016, 04:51 PM
I want to respond to so many posts. But my smart phone isn't as forgiving as the PC.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
30-12-2016, 05:01 PM
The IRS. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-12-2016, 05:35 PM
(30-12-2016 04:51 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I want to respond to so many posts. But my smart phone isn't as forgiving as the PC.

On those rare occasions in which I feel the need to write a long, thought out post from my phone, I usually just do it on any random notepad app then cut and paste.

'Murican Canadian
30-12-2016, 07:40 PM
(27-12-2016 08:48 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(27-12-2016 08:01 PM)Sloane Wrote:  I think it was Boar's Head Sauerkraut, which is supposed to be pretty good.

I'll try it sometime. I'm usually pretty disappointed with sauerkraut, based on the quality. Off the top of my head, I don't have any brands to recommend. Note- Deesse23 lives in Germany, so he probably has access to the properly made type(s).

Bubbies is good. Sauerkraut is undergoing a resurgence as a health food. The raw versions are not heat-treated and are loaded with probiotics and enzymes. Raw pickles too. and Kimchi.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus