What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
07-01-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(07-01-2017 01:20 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 01:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Fuck another mouse Hobo

Same Mouse, Different Day. Tongue

If it's the same mouse, he's got one hell of a GPS Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-01-2017, 06:12 PM
I want to go work on my Porsche, but it's snowing outside Sad

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
07-01-2017, 07:31 PM
(07-01-2017 03:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 01:20 PM)yakherder Wrote:  If your cats aren't doing their jobs, get a couple snakes.

We had rattlesnakes last year in my backyard. The benefits of living in the country Hobo My bf is petrified of snakes, so when we had a snake living in my backyard, it was very much like something out of Indiana Jones Tongue

Perceiving snakes as anything other than adorable and in need of petting just doesn't make sense Consider

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-01-2017, 08:53 PM
If my girlfriend puts the dishes in the dishwasher afte lunch and I do it after dinner I have to take everything out and start over because the way she organizes it is just completely wrong.

'Murican Canadian
07-01-2017, 09:04 PM
(07-01-2017 08:53 PM)yakherder Wrote:  If my girlfriend puts the dishes in the dishwasher afte lunch and I do it after dinner I have to take everything out and start over because the way she organizes it is just completely wrong.

My son-in-law claims that the reason he doesn't load the dishwasher is because he was never any good at Tetris.

Loading a dishwasher correctly is a skill not everyone has.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-01-2017, 09:05 PM
(07-01-2017 08:53 PM)yakherder Wrote:  If my girlfriend puts the dishes in the dishwasher afte lunch and I do it after dinner I have to take everything out and start over because the way she organizes it is just completely wrong.

My youngest son has that task- load, run, unload. Dad has to remind him periodically every time. It's his assignment (amongst others) for living on my dime.
07-01-2017, 09:35 PM
(07-01-2017 09:05 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

My youngest son has that task- load, run, unload. Dad has to remind him periodically every time. It's his assignment (amongst others) for living on my dime.

Seems fair Thumbsup That was one of my chores as a kid too. My dad also had this old fashioned lawn mower (the ones without a motor) and he made us mow the grass with it. Said it built character and was a good workout Laugh out load We told him he had free labor (us) and was too cheap to buy a real mower. Hobo Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-01-2017, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2017 10:29 PM by Fireball.)
(07-01-2017 09:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 09:05 PM)Fireball Wrote:  My youngest son has that task- load, run, unload. Dad has to remind him periodically every time. It's his assignment (amongst others) for living on my dime.

Seems fair Thumbsup That was one of my chores as a kid too. My dad also had this old fashioned lawn mower (the ones without a motor) and he made us mow the grass with it. Said it built character and was a good workout Laugh out load We told him he had free labor (us) and was too cheap to buy a real mower. Hobo Laugh out load

As a teen, I used to push one of those down the street looking for long grass to mow. I did it to get money for food. It was kind of embarrassing when I showed up at a school classmate's parent's door. They'd kind of goggle out at me from behind their mothers, like I was an alien, or something. Facepalm

In fact, when there are dishes laying around the kitchen (one of my pet peeves- the dishwasher is right there!), if my wife says anything, I just say "Put the slave to work!". Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
09-01-2017, 08:32 AM
I used to have a compact fluorescent spotlight in the bathroom that was very bright when it warmed up but that took 30+ seconds so it would start off really dim and then gradually get brighter. I am usually up just before dawn so it was great -- stumble into the bathroom and turn on a very dim light that my eyes adjusted to gradually as it brightened.

The bulb died and all I can find locally are &$%^$^% "instant-on" bulbs that take only a second or two to reach full brightness. Now I have to turn on the hall light as I pass it and leave the bathroom lights off and the door open. It's barbaric.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
11-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Since I'm willing to stay here all day, I get the slot after lunch any time we interview a candidate. Without fail, every candidate is dropped off late to our one on one part of the interview. It doesn't matter who ends up taking them to lunch. It still happens.

Petty FWP yes. Just...mildly annoying. (And annoys my boss as well, she just stopped by to remark on it also.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user