What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
20-02-2017, 08:37 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(20-02-2017 07:41 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(18-02-2017 10:38 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Ohmy (Goddess of Random Equipment Malfunctions gestures in general direction of afflicted building) Heeeeeal!

Hail Astreja, 2/3 are fixed?

To be fair, she's the goddess of random equipment *malfunctions*, not them randomly starting to work again...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-02-2017, 08:45 AM
(20-02-2017 08:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 07:41 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Hail Astreja, 2/3 are fixed?

To be fair, she's the goddess of random equipment *malfunctions*, not them randomly starting to work again...

So her shouting "heal" did not divinely send the maintenance crew? Huh Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-02-2017, 01:55 PM
(20-02-2017 08:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  To be fair, she's the goddess of random equipment *malfunctions*, not them randomly starting to work again...

Big Grin It actually goes both ways, generally just as randomly (unless I go fetch a toolbox or get on the phone to call for repairs). This blog post from 2015 explains it pretty well: Deus Wrecks Machina.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
20-02-2017, 05:54 PM
The power cord on my laptop broke yesterday, probably due to a certain dog that chewed the cord when he was little. Dodgy

I drove to half a dozen stores looking for a replacement. That little adventure took four hours and the result was my pulling into a parking lot and ordering one from Amazon...next day delivery was only $5.99...should have done that first and not burned up the gas and time to try to actually buy something from a brick and mortar store.

It arrived this morning and I can now be connected with the Interwebz again. Thumbsuplast night the struggle was real

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
21-02-2017, 02:06 PM
LinkedIn keeps updating their Android app and turning notifications back on.

Sometimes I think they simply do an update so that they *can* turn notifications back on.

Disappointing theists since 1968
[+] 1 user Likes A. Secular Human's post
21-02-2017, 02:18 PM
(21-02-2017 02:06 PM)A. Secular Human Wrote:  LinkedIn keeps updating their Android app and turning notifications back on.

Sometimes I think they simply do an update so that they *can* turn notifications back on.

I had all sorts of issues with LinkedIn. Not only did every update do exactly as you describe, they also emailed everyone on my LI contact list - without my knowledge - asking to "connect."

I ended up deleting my account. I want no part of it.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
21-02-2017, 02:46 PM
(20-02-2017 05:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The power cord on my laptop broke yesterday, probably due to a certain dog that chewed the cord when he was little. Dodgy

I drove to half a dozen stores looking for a replacement. That little adventure took four hours and the result was my pulling into a parking lot and ordering one from Amazon...next day delivery was only $5.99...should have done that first and not burned up the gas and time to try to actually buy something from a brick and mortar store.

It arrived this morning and I can now be connected with the Interwebz again. Thumbsuplast night the struggle was real

I remember that in the distant past, we somehow managed to live without internet. And not just for a few hours either.
I have no idea how we did.
My smartphone is so attached to my hand it often follows me to the toilet. Facepalm
I empathize with your struggle!

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
21-02-2017, 02:59 PM
(21-02-2017 02:46 PM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 05:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The power cord on my laptop broke yesterday, probably due to a certain dog that chewed the cord when he was little. Dodgy

I remember that in the distant past, we somehow managed to live without internet. And not just for a few hours either.
I have no idea how we did.
My smartphone is so attached to my hand it often follows me to the toilet. Facepalm
I empathize with your struggle!

I didn't used to be attached to my phone but now that my hearing aids are controlled by it I am learning to carry it with me everywhere I go.

I can stream Pandora from my phone into the hearing aids and often do at work. My taste in music is pretty random and spans many decades. I went down the hall to use the restroom a couple weeks ago, leaving my phone on my desk, apparently once the connection with my hearing aids was lost the music started blaring out of my phone and my boss had to scramble to figure out how to turn it down/off. So now, my phone is with me all the time. Undecided

Some of the music I listen to is definitely NSFW. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-02-2017, 12:18 AM
(21-02-2017 02:18 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 02:06 PM)A. Secular Human Wrote:  LinkedIn keeps updating their Android app and turning notifications back on.

I had all sorts of issues with LinkedIn. Not only did every update do exactly as you describe, they also emailed everyone on my LI contact list - without my knowledge - asking to "connect."

I ended up deleting my account. I want no part of it.

Hmm. If they're up to scummy tricks like that I think I'm gonna delete my account too.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-02-2017, 03:36 PM
It's 68 degrees outside right now...the heat in the office is blasting (we don't control it). Combine this with an office with a window facing the sun (woot for having one with a window!! First world awesome on that...spent my temp position in a basement.) and my office, according to this thermometer the Chair loaned me today, is 95 degrees.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post