What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
01-03-2017, 11:16 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Got drafted for a gig tomorrow night due to a clarinet shortage in another band. First-world problem is going to be the logistics of getting myself and my gear across town at rush hour via the busiest bridge in the city. Anticipating that I'll have to take a loooong detour and sneak across the river somewhere else.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
02-03-2017, 01:08 AM
My five month old washer failed to lock the lid and go into rinse mode today, a near existential threat. I came very close to having to bag up soapy wet new towels, get in my year old SUV and drive theee miles to a laundromat.
Then I would have to call for warranty repair, which could take two or three days. That would mean I couldn't wash clothes and would have to wear non-matching ensembles. Huh

Trying avoid these purely onerous tasks, I went to my nearly new MacBook to Google the problem and see if there was a less drastic solution. Not only did I have to reboot the computer, but I had to visit three sites and scroll though several pages at just 200 MBPS to find an answer.
It's a damn good thing I keep Q-tips on hand so I didn't have to use my fingers to wipe some dried lavender scented fabric softener off the lid lock buttons. Smartass

As you can imagine, I am totally rattled and exhausted by this terrifyingly close call with diminished privilege, but the Xanax seems to have helped. Naturally, there's nothing on any of the 200 plus cable channels so I'm having to search Netflix. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Dorsie's post
02-03-2017, 12:00 PM
My university I graduated from's e-transcripts contain a tampering thing I don't fully understand security wise, but makes it impossible to actually upload and attach on most other universities job sites. Thus I have to print my transcript, scan my transcript on the copier, email that scanned transcript to myself from the copier, then download that scanned transcript from my email, save it to my computer, then upload that version of the transcript.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
02-03-2017, 04:58 PM
(02-03-2017 12:00 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My university I graduated from's e-transcripts contain a tampering thing I don't fully understand security wise, but makes it impossible to actually upload and attach on most other universities job sites. Thus I have to print my transcript, scan my transcript on the copier, email that scanned transcript to myself from the copier, then download that scanned transcript from my email, save it to my computer, then upload that version of the transcript.

Haha. No room for tampering or error in that parade of transcript incarnations. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Dorsie's post
02-03-2017, 05:03 PM
I got a bag of avocados and every one of them turned bad within a day. Serves me right for living in Canada :/

Oh well. Our bunny visitor might like them. That or they'll make good compost.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
02-03-2017, 05:20 PM
It hasn't been cold enough to light up our fireplace...
[+] 1 user Likes mustardseed's post
02-03-2017, 06:27 PM
(02-03-2017 04:58 PM)Dorsie Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 12:00 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  My university I graduated from's e-transcripts contain a tampering thing I don't fully understand security wise, but makes it impossible to actually upload and attach on most other universities job sites. Thus I have to print my transcript, scan my transcript on the copier, email that scanned transcript to myself from the copier, then download that scanned transcript from my email, save it to my computer, then upload that version of the transcript.

Haha. No room for tampering or error in that parade of transcript incarnations. Facepalm

Yeah... Facepalm Had I known this would happen this way, would've just waited a week for normal transcripts.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
02-03-2017, 06:31 PM
I have worked so hard at my new job...nights and weekends included that I was given the day off tomorrow, with pay. Thumbsup

I also bought a better, ergonomic keyboard for work and then got one for home too. Boss said he would pay for the one at work...he gave me a check today for both of them. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
02-03-2017, 06:34 PM
(02-03-2017 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have worked so hard at my new job...nights and weekends included that I was given the day off tomorrow, with pay. Thumbsup

I also bought a better, ergonomic keyboard for work and then got one for home too. Boss said he would pay for the one at work...he gave me a check today for both of them. Big Grin

You got yourself a good boss there, seems. You deserve one after the last jackass.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
02-03-2017, 10:34 PM
maybe this is a good thread to post to ask a question in?

Okay, so basically I'm trying to find something to do when I'm at bus stops (and bus rides if I get sitting room, but usually I listen to podcasts because lol having space). Normally at bus stops I'd browse social media, but honestly, with how much of it is Trump this and Trump that I've been looking for something else to do. Something that I can pick and play for ten minutes with intermittent attention--so, any suggestions?
[+] 1 user Likes ZoraPrime's post