What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
02-03-2017, 10:48 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(02-03-2017 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I also bought a better, ergonomic keyboard for work and then got one for home too.

Mechanical or membrane? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2017, 10:55 PM
(02-03-2017 10:48 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 06:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I also bought a better, ergonomic keyboard for work and then got one for home too.

Mechanical or membrane? Consider

Mechanical. What I had at work was a super basic flat keyboard with no wrist rests or anything. I got a wireless keyboard/mouse set. My hands were so sore from all the data entry I have been doing and within a matter of a couple days with the new keyboard the aching stopped. I brought it home a couple weekends to see how well it worked on my old desk with a keyboard tray and it worked great for me so I bought another one.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-03-2017, 11:02 PM
(02-03-2017 10:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 10:48 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Mechanical or membrane? Consider

Mechanical. What I had at work was a super basic flat keyboard with no wrist rests or anything. I got a wireless keyboard/mouse set. My hands were so sore from all the data entry I have been doing and within a matter of a couple days with the new keyboard the aching stopped. I brought it home a couple weekends to see how well it worked on my old desk with a keyboard tray and it worked great for me so I bought another one.

Good call. Once you get a nice mechanical keyboard, it's hard to go back. I have a Corsair K70 LUX with Cherry MX Red mechanical switches and blue LED backlighting. It's comfortable, easy to see (especially in low light), feels precise, and is solid enough to beat a goat to death with. Big Grin

[Image: 03C5603FCE21414C8932E62675C12EE7.ashx]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-03-2017, 04:42 AM
(02-03-2017 11:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 10:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Mechanical. What I had at work was a super basic flat keyboard with no wrist rests or anything. I got a wireless keyboard/mouse set. My hands were so sore from all the data entry I have been doing and within a matter of a couple days with the new keyboard the aching stopped. I brought it home a couple weekends to see how well it worked on my old desk with a keyboard tray and it worked great for me so I bought another one.

Good call. Once you get a nice mechanical keyboard, it's hard to go back. I have a Corsair K70 LUX with Cherry MX Red mechanical switches and blue LED backlighting. It's comfortable, easy to see (especially in low light), feels precise, and is solid enough to beat a goat to death with. Big Grin

I got this one by Logitech. It works great for me the way the 10 key pad is set up since I use it so much. I also like it being wireless so that I can adjust it's placement depending on what I am working on and which monitor I am focusing on. It has a couple of tilt adjustments too.
[Image: o8fgc5.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

03-03-2017, 04:51 AM
(03-03-2017 04:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 11:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Good call. Once you get a nice mechanical keyboard, it's hard to go back. I have a Corsair K70 LUX with Cherry MX Red mechanical switches and blue LED backlighting. It's comfortable, easy to see (especially in low light), feels precise, and is solid enough to beat a goat to death with. Big Grin

I got this one by Logitech. It works great for me the way the 10 key pad is set up since I use it so much. I also like it being wireless so that I can adjust it's placement depending on what I am working on and which monitor I am focusing on. It has a couple of tilt adjustments too.

Yeah, but can you beat a goat to death with it? Consider

Big Grin Tongue

03-03-2017, 04:55 AM
(03-03-2017 04:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 04:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I got this one by Logitech. It works great for me the way the 10 key pad is set up since I use it so much. I also like it being wireless so that I can adjust it's placement depending on what I am working on and which monitor I am focusing on. It has a couple of tilt adjustments too.

Yeah, but can you beat a goat to death with it? Consider

Big Grin Tongue

The keyboard seems pretty sturdy. I could probably at least stun a goat with a well-placed whack on the head. TongueTongue

03-03-2017, 05:40 AM
Oh would you look at that. Origin wont let me install any of my games... Why the fuck would I be allowed to shut my brain off with the only distraction form that works...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-03-2017, 09:12 AM
(03-03-2017 04:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 11:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Good call. Once you get a nice mechanical keyboard, it's hard to go back. I have a Corsair K70 LUX with Cherry MX Red mechanical switches and blue LED backlighting. It's comfortable, easy to see (especially in low light), feels precise, and is solid enough to beat a goat to death with. Big Grin

I have this puppy. Except it's Dicksmith brand. Dicksmith brand is a budget home brand of an electronic company Dicksmith. They stopped doing the brand years ago and about 2 years ago the whole company went tits up and now doesn't have any more stores around the country. It cost me like $10 and I've had it for about 9-10 years. Still works perfectly, none of the lettering has faded. Not a single sticky key, broken key, nothing like that. I fucking love it. The most budget keyboard on the market (and only keyboard I ever brought I think) and it's a fucking trooper.

[Image: index.php?ct=articles&action=fil...p;id=14776]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-03-2017, 09:21 AM
(03-03-2017 09:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 04:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I got this one by Logitech. It works great for me the way the 10 key pad is set up since I use it so much. I also like it being wireless so that I can adjust it's placement depending on what I am working on and which monitor I am focusing on. It has a couple of tilt adjustments too.

I have this puppy. Except it's Dicksmith brand. Dicksmith brand is a budget home brand of an electronic company Dicksmith. They stopped doing the brand years ago and about 2 years ago the whole company went tits up and now doesn't have any more stores around the country. It cost me like $10 and I've had it for about 9-10 years. Still works perfectly, none of the lettering has faded. Not a single sticky key, broken key, nothing like that. I fucking love it. The most budget keyboard on the market (and only keyboard I ever brought I think) and it's a fucking trooper.

[Image: index.php?ct=articles&action=fil...p;id=14776]

That's very much like what I had at work. Since my latest project has been entering all business transactions for a company for the last quarter of 2013 and all of 2014, 2015, and 2016 as well as a lot of work on Excel for the same company I have been hammering away with entering data. My hands were sore (remember that I am old) and it was miserable. The new keyboard is much more comfortable for doing such a high number of keystrokes every day.

The 10 key on my laptop is not set up well and slowed me down a lot...that's why I got another keyboard for working at home.

Yesterday I finished all the input for 2016 and it's now time for review and cleanup of the data so my boss can do the tax work required. Keeping that client up to date will be a breeze now but it was a bitch entering all that data.

I have a feeling that I will get more of those clients though since I have proved I will focus and get the work done. Facepalm

04-03-2017, 09:36 AM
Some day the people of this forum will appreciate the commandeering of threads by Spiderman...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post