What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
05-03-2017, 07:39 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Been looking for new living room drapes and can't find any I like. Heck, I can't even find material I like, so that I can make them myself -- Yesterday I spent an hour in a huge fabric store looking at cloth, and all the patterns I did like were going the wrong way (across the fabric instead of lengthwise, which is useless if you want to make drapes that are longer than the fabric is wide).

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
06-03-2017, 11:08 AM
So I put a lift on my Jeep with 35" tires too. Now I need to change out my ball joints and drivelines. It never ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes treefireguy's post
06-03-2017, 12:10 PM
(04-03-2017 09:36 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Some day the people of this forum will appreciate the commandeering of threads by Spiderman...

Amen. Smile

--

I dismissed my 101 class early, and we were having a great discussion, but I had a noon meeting I'd be unable to get to on time on the other side of campus without an early dismissal...I had the wrong date on my calendar, there was no meeting.

Need to think of a witty signature.
06-03-2017, 09:57 PM
(06-03-2017 11:08 AM)treefireguy Wrote:  So I put a lift on my Jeep with 35" tires too. Now I need to change out my ball joints and drivelines. It never ends

I feel ya, brudda. I rebuilt the suspension on my '70 Chevy 3/4 ton truck last year, while I was putting disc brakes on it (it had drum brakes from the factory). Blue steel bitch of a job. 170 Lb-Ft torque issues, like having to stand on top of the lower A-Arms to get the bolts out. My gas drill/hacksaw was a good thing. The concrete sidewalk in my side yard will never be the same! Fucking parts were original from 1970. Dodgy Good thing I got the truck for free.
07-03-2017, 12:24 AM
I rather admire you mechanical types who can take cars apart. Mine's a total mystery to me, I put the key in the ignition and it just goes, with varying degrees of enthusiasm depending on how recently I took it to be serviced...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-03-2017, 03:52 PM
(06-03-2017 11:08 AM)treefireguy Wrote:  So I put a lift on my Jeep with 35" tires too. Now I need to change out my ball joints and drivelines. It never ends

*online jeep wave*

Big Grin
08-03-2017, 12:52 PM
My sister and her teenage daughter are going to move out of their old appartement into a new one in a better neighborhood. She lived there for about 15 years. All her (male) friends have issues with their backs or other excuses. All my (male) friends (one actually) who are fit for such moves, lives off-grid somewhere in Bavaria, I heard. So my sisters movement is going to be tough. And the only one (male) friend I have left here in our hometown is a homeless guy with very little teeth, who I only see on occasions, which are when I meet him on the street on my way through the neighborhood. He would help me and my sister move, but has no adress or a mobile-phone where I can reach him.

Also: My sister works for a guy and his company for 16 years in a row by now. She does office-managment and also the (financiall) controlling. And she only earns Euro 3800,- before taxes. I would like to use a voodo-doll on her boss in order to give her a higher wage, but I have no experience with those. What about casting a spell? But I'm not experienced with spells either. And my sister was ashamed to even tell me that she earns so little money.

I would instantely employ my sister for exactely the double amount of the wage she earns now, but I'm an unemployed kind of a semi-artist only.

Are these real first-world problems?
09-03-2017, 12:32 AM
(08-03-2017 12:52 PM)Billanja Wrote:  Are these real first-world problems?

"First world problem" is a joke phrase referring to something like "Oh, I have so much money I can't decide which aeroplane to buy" or something like that - things which are only a problem because you're already so well off. What you describe are real problems, the kind that everyone would struggle with.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-03-2017, 01:08 AM
(09-03-2017 12:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:52 PM)Billanja Wrote:  Are these real first-world problems?

"First world problem" is a joke phrase referring to something like "Oh, I have so much money I can't decide which aeroplane to buy" or something like that - things which are only a problem because you're already so well off. What you describe are real problems, the kind that everyone would struggle with.

My understanding of first world problems is they are not : "Do we sell the kids into slavery to pay for our small farm?" Or, "Are the bad people coming into town to behead all of us out in the street." Or, "is today going to be the day we die of malnutrition and starvation?" My thoughts anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
09-03-2017, 10:06 AM
Got my income tax refund this morning, and of course I want to spend the razzafracking thing immediately, if not sooner. Came to my senses long enough to put some into savings and nuke a bill from high orbit, but now I'm conflicted: Cordless drill, a better flute, or those {redacted} living room drapes?

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post