What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
23-05-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(21-05-2017 10:35 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(21-05-2017 09:47 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Nonsense. Gawdzilla, just send that money to me. -__-

How about a semi full of dimes? Big Grin

Hellz Yeah! I could use it! That's a ton (well, more that one) of money. Even pennies would be worth a large bit of money. FWIW, I calculated the volume of a 5 gallon Sparkletts bottle full of pennies, when one of my ex-co-workers started filling it up. You'd get about $300 from a 5 gallon jug. S-o-o-o-o, a semi trailer full (53', 80' length, what?) would be worth a bunch. Dimes are worth 10X as much. You're a generous guy, Gojira! Laughat

As a point of clarification, I have money people; I don't follow the stock market, at all. Whenever I need more bubble gum, I have to call them and get some cash. And I don't remember the last time I had some bubble gum. Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
27-05-2017, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2017 05:51 PM by jennybee.)
My neighbors-ugh. They were so nice in the beginning when I first moved in here, they brought over a housewarming champagne gift basket filled with all kinds of yummy gourmet treats inside. And they are nice people, but fuck, they leave their dogs out all day and all night long, which makes it hard to let my dogs play in the yard without the two sides barking consistently at each other. My neighbor also had an issue with the pump in his pool, which flooded my yard. Did he offer to come over and help while we had to spend one Sunday afternoon draining all the water from his pool out of my yard or even bother to apologize? Noooope Angry
28-05-2017, 08:22 PM
(Jail rant ahead. Nothing personal against those of you who have been behind bars before Tongue )

The logistics of facilitating Ramadan in a detention centre. Holy crap, what a clusterfCensoredk.

At a glance it might not seem like a big deal, but deviation from routine is generally costly. We now have two completely different meal services for Muslims in order to allow them to have their meals just before sunrise and just after sunset, plus the regularly scheduled meal services for non Muslims. Kitchen staff must also be around at crazy hours. In addition to that, the nurses must make two extra rounds through the facility to hand out meds that must be taken with meals and/or with water, also not during daylight hours. This includes methadone, for which we must move those to whom it is given for a short time so they don't puke it up to sell to other inmates. Facilitating movement during non regular working hours is a whole other logistical hurdle.

On the upside, or downside depending on how you look at it, the amount of overtime being offer is insane. I'm making some bank right now Big Grin , albeit at the cost of sleep. Thank you Canadian tax payers Thumbsup

The amount of money being spent this month in the name of religious freedom must be astronomical.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-06-2017, 12:34 PM
A fair percentage of my adult life is checking my dog's crotch for ticks...
[Image: IMG_02061_zpse10d8569.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
12-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Well, this birthday was a day from hell. It started out not so bad-I mean, I did wake up with my period, which is the gift that keeps on giving Wink and that sucks, but I figured make the best of the day anyway. Yes

Then lunch came and I bit my finger pretty hard as I was trying to eat a piece of roti. Undecided

A lil later in the day, I bent my wrist and fingernail back, don't ask. Hobo

Then I find out my favorite Thai restaurant (the one I was going to go to tonight for my bday dinner) has decided to use fish sauce in their previously vegetarian meals. Angry

So I had to quickly find another Thai restaurant and several were closed. I finally found one and parking was a fucking nightmare and their food was meh.

My bf also got stuck in traffic prior to our dinner plans and because of our change of dinner plans, I couldn't get my birthday ice cream cookie at the ice cream cookie place. Weeping Did I mention I have my period? Tongue

So back home now and got into a fight with my bf. Yeah, I think I'm pretty much ready for this day to be over! Hobo

My bf said we could have a birthday do over this weekend. So hopefully I can celebrate my bday in style as I had planned Wink and I also want my damn ice cream cookie Tongue
12-06-2017, 10:07 PM
(12-06-2017 09:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Well, this birthday was a day from hell. It started out not so bad-I mean, I did wake up with my period, which is the gift that keeps on giving Wink and that sucks, but I figured make the best of the day anyway. Yes

Then lunch came and I bit my finger pretty hard as I was trying to eat a piece of roti. Undecided

A lil later in the day, I bent my wrist and fingernail back, don't ask. Hobo

Then I find out my favorite Thai restaurant (the one I was going to go to tonight for my bday dinner) has decided to use fish sauce in their previously vegetarian meals. Angry

So I had to quickly find another Thai restaurant and several were closed. I finally found one and parking was a fucking nightmare and their food was meh.

My bf also got stuck in traffic prior to our dinner plans and because of our change of dinner plans, I couldn't get my birthday ice cream cookie at the ice cream cookie place. Weeping Did I mention I have my period? Tongue

So back home now and got into a fight with my bf. Yeah, I think I'm pretty much ready for this day to be over! Hobo

My bf said we could have a birthday do over this weekend. So hopefully I can celebrate my bday in style as I had planned Wink and I also want my damn ice cream cookie Tongue

Hug I've learned to not ask for anything for my birthday other than to have my family clean all their damned clothes off the washer and dryer for one day. I ask that for Xmas,too. Laugh out load I sometimes even get it. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-06-2017, 04:51 AM
My first world problem....is first world problems lol.

I find at the minute, my wife in particular, just has ALL the first world problems and proper loses her shit at some of them. "I can't find the thing...", "They stole my car parking space", "you indicate in the car too early". It's really starting to piss me off that she's pissed off over essentially nothing.

Never mind lol.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
13-06-2017, 09:36 AM
(13-06-2017 04:51 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  My first world problem....is first world problems lol.

I find at the minute, my wife in particular, just has ALL the first world problems and proper loses her shit at some of them. "I can't find the thing...", "They stole my car parking space", "you indicate in the car too early". It's really starting to piss me off that she's pissed off over essentially nothing.

Never mind lol.

Are you sure your wife and my boyfriend aren't related? Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-06-2017, 09:47 AM
(13-06-2017 09:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-06-2017 04:51 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  My first world problem....is first world problems lol.

Never mind lol.

Are you sure your wife and my boyfriend aren't related? Tongue
Who knows!

I'm just an easy going guy who likes minimal fuss over things, and like to remain calm where possible, but just people kicking off about really non-important things really get to me. Especially as I live with a person who does it over EVERYTHING lol.

I love her dearly but man, she can complain about some trivial stuff haha.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
13-06-2017, 09:50 AM
(13-06-2017 09:47 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(13-06-2017 09:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Are you sure your wife and my boyfriend aren't related? Tongue
Who knows!

I'm just an easy going guy who likes minimal fuss over things, and like to remain calm where possible, but just people kicking off about really non-important things really get to me. Especially as I live with a person who does it over EVERYTHING lol.

I love her dearly but man, she can complain about some trivial stuff haha.

Same-I love my boyfriend too, but I'm extremely easy going...and he's just not.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post