What is your latest first world problem ?
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
13-06-2017, 09:52 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
You know what they say "opposites attract" Smile

"Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin." - Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
13-06-2017, 01:55 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Not sure what's changed with my fan on the filing cabinet in my office, but now there's a horrible sound where it's vibrating a lot.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(07-06-2017 12:34 PM)xieulong Wrote:  A fair percentage of my adult life is checking my dog's crotch for ticks...
[Image: IMG_02061_zpse10d8569.jpg]

Livin' the dream, huh? Rolleyes

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-06-2017, 08:02 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
[Image: 5XoDnHF.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
13-06-2017, 08:23 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(13-06-2017 08:02 PM)yakherder Wrote:  [Image: 5XoDnHF.jpg]

Gotta laugh. My wife had her first one-on-one with her new manager and got taken to task for referencing the procedure manual when asked questions about how things are supposed to be done. It's a bank, FFS. I am astonished how banks even make money, based on what I'm seeing of the operations inside hers. She's in corporate, not a branch. I guess if you have enough people taking out loans with interest on them, you're going to make money unless you do something really stupid. She has two years to go; truth is, she could just leave, but she wants to wait to retire.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-06-2017, 08:28 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(13-06-2017 08:23 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Gotta laugh. My wife had her first one-on-one with her new manager and got taken to task for referencing the procedure manual when asked questions about how things are supposed to be done. It's a bank, FFS. I am astonished how banks even make money, based on what I'm seeing of the operations inside hers. She's in corporate, not a branch. I guess if you have enough people taking out loans with interest on them, you're going to make money unless you do something really stupid. She has two years to go; truth is, she could just leave, but she wants to wait to retire.

I've worked at both banks and insurance companies as well as a couple of Federal Government departments.

The amount of waste that takes place in private banks and insurance companies far, far outstrips anything I saw at Corrections Canada or Canada Revenue (where I had some contracts).

If any Federal department threw away money like the banks and insurance companies I worked for, they'd be strung up by their eyeballs and tickled until they blinked.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
13-06-2017, 08:56 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(13-06-2017 08:28 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(13-06-2017 08:23 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Gotta laugh. My wife had her first one-on-one with her new manager and got taken to task for referencing the procedure manual when asked questions about how things are supposed to be done. It's a bank, FFS. I am astonished how banks even make money, based on what I'm seeing of the operations inside hers. She's in corporate, not a branch. I guess if you have enough people taking out loans with interest on them, you're going to make money unless you do something really stupid. She has two years to go; truth is, she could just leave, but she wants to wait to retire.

I've worked at both banks and insurance companies as well as a couple of Federal Government departments.

The amount of waste that takes place in private banks and insurance companies far, far outstrips anything I saw at Corrections Canada or Canada Revenue (where I had some contracts).

If any Federal department threw away money like the banks and insurance companies I worked for, they'd be strung up by their eyeballs and tickled until they blinked.

Ironically one of our biggest wastes in corrections are the frequent hiring freezes intended to save money. We end up so understaffed that overtime pretty much becomes a way of life. I have a friend at one of the newer facilities who made over $200k last year on a base pay of about $27 per hour. Dude pretty much lived at work. Heck, on particularly busy weeks I'll sleep in my car in the parking lot rather then waste valuable sleep time commuting.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2017, 10:10 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(13-06-2017 08:56 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(13-06-2017 08:28 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I've worked at both banks and insurance companies as well as a couple of Federal Government departments.

The amount of waste that takes place in private banks and insurance companies far, far outstrips anything I saw at Corrections Canada or Canada Revenue (where I had some contracts).

If any Federal department threw away money like the banks and insurance companies I worked for, they'd be strung up by their eyeballs and tickled until they blinked.

Ironically one of our biggest wastes in corrections are the frequent hiring freezes intended to save money. We end up so understaffed that overtime pretty much becomes a way of life. I have a friend at one of the newer facilities who made over $200k last year on a base pay of about $27 per hour. Dude pretty much lived at work. Heck, on particularly busy weeks I'll sleep in my car in the parking lot rather then waste valuable sleep time commuting.

I had a contractor job like that in '96. I didn't have to deal with criminals, though. I had, many times, worked a 16 hour day, and had to be back for the morning shift. There were a few 24 hour days in there, when one of the guys couldn't make it to work. I was working (among other things) on a machine (called an Auto-Set- it's used in photogrammetry) that measured data points on a grid. It would do most of the work automatically, but when it got done, the software couldn't find the centroid of some data (pictures), and I would have to manually move the scanner over the centroid and tell it to take that data point. I fell asleep many a time while the machine was running, and would wake up after some amount of silence. Laughat This was on a base wage of $18 per hour, and I was knocking down $1300 a week, take home. There were days where I should have slept in my car, as you did. It would have been easier.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
14-06-2017, 12:03 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(13-06-2017 10:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I didn't have to deal with criminals, though.

Meh, 95% of them make my job easy if I'm not an asshole. It's the other 5% that make me go wtf?

I need to find a good book that teaches me how to handle people who think it's perfectly acceptable to eat poo and throw urine at nurses. Not sure why some of these guys aren't in a mental health facility, but that decision is above my pay grade.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2017, 09:40 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(14-06-2017 12:03 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(13-06-2017 10:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I didn't have to deal with criminals, though.

Meh, 95% of them make my job easy if I'm not an asshole. It's the other 5% that make me go wtf?

I need to find a good book that teaches me how to handle people who think it's perfectly acceptable to eat poo and throw urine at nurses. Not sure why some of these guys aren't in a mental health facility, but that decision is above my pay grade.

Need to put "chill pills" in their water. Laugh out load Looks like a lot of rage going on inside, to get that kind of behavior.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply
Forum Jump: