What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
15-06-2017, 12:42 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Restocking my first aid kit after an emergency a week ago. The pharmacy didn't have wound dressings in the correct size and also didn't have the gloves individually packed but only in big packs.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2017, 09:12 AM
Came in to work on stuff on day off, found out they're chipping away the stone in front of the elevator on one floor and ripping up tile in front of it on the others, so with 50 pound backpack, had to climb 4 floors of stairs. Sweaty and tired, flip on my desk fan...goes for about 30 seconds before shutting off with a burning smell. So I've unplugged that...heh.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
17-06-2017, 08:46 PM
so I had a customer call today about a crisis he was having. he apparently called corporate, wanted my district manager's information, blah blah. he sold us some items and noticed a refurb fee had been applied to "numerous items" and he was confused about the refurb fee, as well as why the fee was applied and why he wasn't informed of the fee. when he compared the value of the items he had received to what was displayed on the website he was short about twenty dollars.

so first after looking up his receipt, a refurb fee was only applied to one of his items... not numerous (he was stretching the truth) and the refurb fee was just five dollars.

there, five out of twenty dollars down.

so as my manager and I look at his receipt and try to break the expenses down for him, we also notice he had purchased a rewards card. which is fifteen dollars.

bam, there's the twenty dollars he thinks we ripped him off.

so as we explain what the refurb fee was for and that he had voluntarily purchased a membership with us, he's just being super difficult and is almost appalled AT US because HE VOLUNTARILY sold us his stuff and bought a memebership?

like????????????honey is u ok?????????? Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
17-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Big thunderstorms for the third night in a row. Power went out half an hour ago and I can't open the windows because of the driving wind and rain... getting pretty hot and stuffy, here in the dark.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
17-06-2017, 09:17 PM
When I make a long, thought out, awkward, dark humored reply to a Facebook comment, then they delete that comment, making my reply completely out of place, even more awkward, and just plain tasteless rather than dark humoured (since there is no longer context), and I don't get notified of the deletion so it remains there forever for people to see unless I just happen to revisit it and notice the change.

'Murican Canadian
18-06-2017, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2017 07:13 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
My power is still out. I live in a swanky neighborhood a couple blocks over from the start of The Other Side of the Tracks. Power went out just before 1030 and it took about two hours for the riff-raff to realize all the security cameras and most of the alarms were down. The gunshots began around midnight, and continued until the sun came up. The sirens were endless. I have had about two hours of sleep.

According to the website that monitors such things, this outage affected a two block wide strip of downtown a couple of miles long. 49,000 customers impacted.

Leaving the power off that long almost made this a Third World Problem. That's part of why I rail so much against the structural racism in the USA that led to so many atrophied (mostly black) neighborhoods while money was pumped into others, often closely adjacent. These areas have had their desperation held in check by suppression tactics, which can vanish if the power goes down (a la Hurricane Katrina in inner city New Orleans) or if the cops get distracted or overmatched (unless they resort to militarization and literally threaten American citizens with plainly displayed belt fed weapons on armored vehicles, as in Ferguson) or if the people get more angry than they are afraid of force. More honesty and equality would go a long way toward making a power outage a First World problem, rather than quickly revealing how parts of the US have fallen to not much above Third World status.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-06-2017, 02:24 PM
Finally (?) I have real first world problem as I can't decide if below shown jacket isn't something that will make me look ridiculous:
[Image: pol_pm_kurtka-RAMONESKA-wiazana-po-bokach-177137_3.jpg]

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-06-2017, 03:29 PM
(18-06-2017 02:24 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Finally (?) I have real first world problem as I can't decide if below shown jacket isn't something that will make me look ridiculous:

I think it looks OK. Warm with lots of pockets.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-06-2017, 03:36 PM
(18-06-2017 02:24 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Finally (?) I have real first world problem as I can't decide if below shown jacket isn't something that will make me look ridiculous:

If you like it, get it Thumbsup Confidence is the sexiest thing you can wear anyway Yes
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-06-2017, 03:40 PM
(18-06-2017 07:09 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  My power is still out. I live in a swanky neighborhood a couple blocks over from the start of The Other Side of the Tracks. Power went out just before 1030 and it took about two hours for the riff-raff to realize all the security cameras and most of the alarms were down. The gunshots began around midnight, and continued until the sun came up. The sirens were endless. I have had about two hours of sleep.

According to the website that monitors such things, this outage affected a two block wide strip of downtown a couple of miles long. 49,000 customers impacted.

Leaving the power off that long almost made this a Third World Problem. That's part of why I rail so much against the structural racism in the USA that led to so many atrophied (mostly black) neighborhoods while money was pumped into others, often closely adjacent. These areas have had their desperation held in check by suppression tactics, which can vanish if the power goes down (a la Hurricane Katrina in inner city New Orleans) or if the cops get distracted or overmatched (unless they resort to militarization and literally threaten American citizens with plainly displayed belt fed weapons on armored vehicles, as in Ferguson) or if the people get more angry than they are afraid of force. More honesty and equality would go a long way toward making a power outage a First World problem, rather than quickly revealing how parts of the US have fallen to not much above Third World status.

Hope you have power soon. *hugs* and Stay safe!