What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
18-06-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Power came back on about noon today, just after I left to go spend the afternoon with my kids. I could tell when I got back because the clocks were flashing the elapsed time since it happened.

*hug*

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-06-2017, 04:17 PM
(18-06-2017 03:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 02:24 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Finally (?) I have real first world problem as I can't decide if below shown jacket isn't something that will make me look ridiculous:
[Image: pol_pm_kurtka-RAMONESKA-wiazana-po-bokach-177137_3.jpg]

I think it looks OK. Warm with lots of pockets.

I think that it looks better than OK and considering that it is real leather it will serve me for a couple of years. Still for the same price I can get smart looking coat [Image: p%C5%82aszcz-neapol.jpg] or something akin to duffel coat [Image: kurtka-harstad-3.jpg].

Tough choice.

(18-06-2017 03:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 02:24 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Finally (?) I have real first world problem as I can't decide if below shown jacket isn't something that will make me look ridiculous:
[Image: pol_pm_kurtka-RAMONESKA-wiazana-po-bokach-177137_3.jpg]

If you like it, get it Thumbsup Confidence is the sexiest thing you can wear anyway Yes

I like quite a big number of things before I buy them. How I feel after is different thing Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-06-2017, 04:21 PM
(18-06-2017 04:17 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 03:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think it looks OK. Warm with lots of pockets.

I think that it looks better than OK and considering that it is real leather it will serve me for a couple of years. Still for the same price I can get smart looking coat [Image: p%C5%82aszcz-neapol.jpg] or something akin to duffel coat [Image: kurtka-harstad-3.jpg].

Tough choice.

(18-06-2017 03:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If you like it, get it Thumbsup Confidence is the sexiest thing you can wear anyway Yes

I like quite a big number of things before I buy them. How I feel after is different thing Wink

From what I've seen you wear before from your selfies, I'd say the coat above the duffel coat best suits your personal style. But I like all of them.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-06-2017, 04:29 PM
(18-06-2017 04:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 04:17 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I think that it looks better than OK and considering that it is real leather it will serve me for a couple of years. Still for the same price I can get smart looking coat [Image: p%C5%82aszcz-neapol.jpg] or something akin to duffel coat [Image: kurtka-harstad-3.jpg].

Tough choice.

From what I've seen you wear before from your selfies, I'd say the coat above the duffel coat best suits your personal style. But I like all of them.

I too like them all and several more. Given that sales season is in full swing I have many options. So many that I begin to understand why people claim to fondly remember former regime where shortages make choosing clothes rather easy - one bought what one could find Wink.

It's more a financial issue I think. What I choose will set borders to my further wardrobe expansion. No bovver boots with coats for example.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-06-2017, 04:34 PM
(18-06-2017 04:29 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 04:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  From what I've seen you wear before from your selfies, I'd say the coat above the duffel coat best suits your personal style. But I like all of them.

I too like them all and several more. Given that sales season is in full swing I have many options. So many that I begin to understand why people claim to fondly remember former regime where shortages make choosing clothes rather easy - one bought what one could find Wink.

It's more a financial issue I think. What I choose will set borders to my further wardrobe expansion. No bovver boots with coats for example.

I think I would purchase whatever coat you think you would wear the most, the one you think you'll get the most use out of.

I hear you about purchasing things off season, I already have my New Year's Eve dress picked out (plus accessories) Hobo Big Grin Here it is, btw Smile

[Image: LC21884_large.jpg?v=1489588119]
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
18-06-2017, 04:42 PM
(18-06-2017 04:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 04:29 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I too like them all and several more. Given that sales season is in full swing I have many options. So many that I begin to understand why people claim to fondly remember former regime where shortages make choosing clothes rather easy - one bought what one could find Wink.

I think I would purchase whatever coat you think you would wear the most, the one you think you'll get the most use out of.

I hear you about purchasing things off season, I already have my New Year's Eve dress picked out (plus accessories) Hobo Big Grin Here it is, btw Smile

I will probably go with leather as I can't really imagine myself wearing coat you liked most. Looks nice and some part of my brain scream buy it but I'm not seeing myself going shopping in it or going anywhere but cushy office job which I don't have.

Dress looks gorgeous in itself so on you it will look mind blowingly good I suppose Wink

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
18-06-2017, 04:49 PM
I'd go for the "smarter"-looking ones, if I were you, Szuchow Blush

Of course, I find most leather clothes on the ridiculous side, so I'm biased Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
18-06-2017, 05:03 PM
(18-06-2017 04:49 PM)Vera Wrote:  I'd go for the "smarter"-looking ones, if I were you, Szuchow Blush

Of course, I find most leather clothes on the ridiculous side, so I'm biased Rolleyes

I must check wardrobe and think on it but what clothes I have which can be considered smart are consigned to darkest shelf in closet. Felt weird when I wore my Giacomo Conti jacket so I can't imagine myself in clothes from one of better polish brands.

Good to hear other perspective though.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-06-2017, 06:11 PM
(18-06-2017 04:42 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 04:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think I would purchase whatever coat you think you would wear the most, the one you think you'll get the most use out of.

I will probably go with leather as I can't really imagine myself wearing coat you liked most. Looks nice and some part of my brain scream buy it but I'm not seeing myself going shopping in it or going anywhere but cushy office job which I don't have.

Dress looks gorgeous in itself so on you it will look mind blowingly good I suppose Wink

You are sweet, thank you Smile
18-06-2017, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2017 06:52 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
There are some great looking leather jackets, out there... that's not one of them. That's the generic, knock-off 50's-style "biker jacket" (in quotation marks because real biker jackets don't have collar flaps-- they would smack you in the neck repeatedly as you rode in the wind), and would just make you look like a poseur even if you were on a bike.

I agree with Jenny that a classy long coat would be an excellent choice. Either of the two choices you posted look great. Personally I'd go with the top one, but the pockets on the bottom one might prove useful... and it would make you look like a college professor, if worn in the way the model is wearing it. Smile

Edit to Add: If you really must get a leather jacket, try something like this...

[Image: mens-quilted-jacket.jpg]

And avoid "faux" leather. It's not very durable and looks terrible in person.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post