What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
22-06-2017, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 07:27 AM by jennybee.)
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(21-06-2017 09:36 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Going on a flight next week to New Jersey. I can't sleep on flights or focus on much. Basically I hate flying. Also we're going to the airport after I get off work so I'll be exhausted but probably not able to sleep. At least the flight will be short. Perhaps I'll do a lot of meditating.

I don't love flying either--but I like going places so ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Tongue

Meditating is a great idea Thumbsup I also do some yoga beforehand, sometimes even at the airport before the flight. Bring lots of things to do to take your mind off flying. Listening to music helps and watching a movie. And a drink ain't a bad idea either Wink

My sister has a friend who is a pilot and he said turbulence is no big deal if you are a pilot--even though it feels like "Fuuuuuck meeeeeee" as a passenger. Since we grew up around boats (including living on one every year for three months at a time during my growing up years), he said plane turbulence was no different for a pilot than when my dad would hit swells on our boat when we'd be traveling around via boat to various islands. Anyway, that made me feel a lot better.

I'm sure you'll have a great trip! Happy travels! Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-06-2017, 07:16 AM
Took pretty much all day off yesterday because my sprinkler system was flooding my backyard since it sprung a leak somewhere. The workmen were here all day yesterday, fixing a myriad of things--including my sprinkler system. So I thought, yay, all is taken care of, so no more flooding. Then, this am, I take my dog out to pee and one of the sprinklers is fucked and flooding again Weeping

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
22-06-2017, 07:42 AM
Import laws.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-06-2017, 09:16 AM
(21-06-2017 09:36 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Going on a flight next week to New Jersey. I can't sleep on flights or focus on much. Basically I hate flying. Also we're going to the airport after I get off work so I'll be exhausted but probably not able to sleep. At least the flight will be short. Perhaps I'll do a lot of meditating.

Do you have noise-cancelling headphones? I used to travel quite a bit for business, and I discovered that they really reduced stress from the noise of the engines.
22-06-2017, 09:26 AM
(22-06-2017 09:16 AM)Fireball Wrote:  

Do you have noise-cancelling headphones? I used to travel quite a bit for business, and I discovered that they really reduced stress from the noise of the engines.

This actually helped me a lot, as I bloody hate being on planes. I stuck my headphones in and shut my eyes for 2 hours, and bosh I was fine. Only spazzed out a little bit due to some minor turbulence, but otherwise I was like 90% better than I normally am on flights Smile

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
22-06-2017, 09:43 AM
So went out to breakfast with my bf. Ordered oatmeal-asked for it to be made with water 'cause vegan. Waitress said oh we only make it with water. Then my oatmeal shows up with a huge ass pat of butter floating in the middle of it and it was under the "healthy choice" section. Um do you think if I asked for it with no milk that I'd want a huge ass pat of butter in it? Wtf Hobo and the only topping it came with was raisins and it was watered down like fuck. So a butter patty floating with raisins in severely watered down oatmeal. Grossest oatmeal ever. Anyway, I try and roll with shit, so I fished out the butter chunk and threw in the raisins and ate a few bites. My bf enjoyed his breakfast though Tongue

22-06-2017, 10:10 AM
(22-06-2017 09:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  So went out to breakfast with my bf. Ordered oatmeal-asked for it to be made with water 'cause vegan. Waitress said oh we only make it with water. Then my oatmeal shows up with a huge ass pat of butter floating in the middle of it and it was under the "healthy choice" section. Um do you think if I asked for it with no milk that I'd want a huge ass pat of butter in it? Wtf Hobo and the only topping it came with was raisins and it was watered down like fuck. So a butter patty floating with raisins in severely watered down oatmeal. Grossest oatmeal ever. Anyway, I try and roll with shit, so I fished out the butter chunk and threw in the raisins and ate a few bites. My bf enjoyed his breakfast though Tongue

Butter on oatmeal? Consider

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of that before. I never would have considered buttering oatmeal... it sounds disgusting.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
22-06-2017, 10:21 AM
(22-06-2017 10:10 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 09:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  So went out to breakfast with my bf. Ordered oatmeal-asked for it to be made with water 'cause vegan. Waitress said oh we only make it with water. Then my oatmeal shows up with a huge ass pat of butter floating in the middle of it and it was under the "healthy choice" section. Um do you think if I asked for it with no milk that I'd want a huge ass pat of butter in it? Wtf Hobo and the only topping it came with was raisins and it was watered down like fuck. So a butter patty floating with raisins in severely watered down oatmeal. Grossest oatmeal ever. Anyway, I try and roll with shit, so I fished out the butter chunk and threw in the raisins and ate a few bites. My bf enjoyed his breakfast though Tongue

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of that before. I never would have considered buttering oatmeal... it sounds disgusting.

Me either which is why I didn't say "Don't put in any butter chunks." lol: The butter chunk was huge too. It was like a small ice cream sized scoop of a butter chunk. Tongue I did the best I could to scoop it out and eat around it but the oatmeal was just ew and there was no saving it. I went to a smoothie shop after, and I'm enjoying a yummy smoothie now with no butter chunks Laugh out load

22-06-2017, 11:38 AM
(22-06-2017 10:10 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

It works in grits Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
22-06-2017, 12:43 PM
It's hot as balls outside. I'm sweating just sitting in my car. Hot yoga outside anyone? Cool