What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
22-06-2017, 12:48 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(22-06-2017 09:26 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 09:16 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Do you have noise-cancelling headphones? I used to travel quite a bit for business, and I discovered that they really reduced stress from the noise of the engines.

This actually helped me a lot, as I bloody hate being on planes. I stuck my headphones in and shut my eyes for 2 hours, and bosh I was fine. Only spazzed out a little bit due to some minor turbulence, but otherwise I was like 90% better than I normally am on flights Smile

Noise cancelling headphones are a fantastic invention.

Funny thing about turbulence: I've flown, quite literally, all around the world (done 2 complete circumnavigations so far, another one in the planning stages) and I still get kinds "spazzed out" during turbulence.

I know it's harmless and planes don't crash due to turbulence. But it still kinda freaks me out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2017, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2017 07:50 PM by jennybee.)
Well, that was fun. I've been driving my bf's car around all day since my car has been at the dealership. And yeah, they didn't fix it. Or even have the parts-yet scheduled me to drop my car off anyway. And it's a safety recall. And I've been dicking around with them on the safety recall for awhile as the recall is taking forever. Then they lost my car. Then they found my car and lost the keys. Hobo Then my boyfriend (who is an attorney) threatened to sue them. Needless to say they found my keys pretty quickly after that since half the service dept started looking for them. Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
23-06-2017, 06:32 AM
(22-06-2017 12:48 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 09:26 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  This actually helped me a lot, as I bloody hate being on planes. I stuck my headphones in and shut my eyes for 2 hours, and bosh I was fine. Only spazzed out a little bit due to some minor turbulence, but otherwise I was like 90% better than I normally am on flights Smile

Noise cancelling headphones are a fantastic invention.

Funny thing about turbulence: I've flown, quite literally, all around the world (done 2 complete circumnavigations so far, another one in the planning stages) and I still get kinds "spazzed out" during turbulence.

I know it's harmless and planes don't crash due to turbulence. But it still kinda freaks me out.
I too have flown about a fair bit. Not as much as yourself I think, but more than others, and It's not the plane itself or the flying, its the heights I think. The noise add's to be stress I put myself under, and I can slowly like phase out with some music on. Especially if the flights is pretty straight forward with no dips or turbulence.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
24-06-2017, 11:29 AM
What is your latest first world problem ?
Jeep: Soft top or Hard Top. Tough choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
24-06-2017, 11:38 AM
(24-06-2017 11:29 AM)treefireguy Wrote:  Jeep: Soft top or Hard Top. Tough choice

Warm Climate-I'd go soft top (unless you are planning on traveling to colder temps/snowy areas via your jeep). For me, I live in a year round warm climate, but like to go to Tahoe where the snow is Hobo So I'd go with a hard top in my situation. In an area with various climate changes throughout the year: I'd go hard top. Just my two cents Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
25-06-2017, 04:09 PM
(24-06-2017 11:29 AM)treefireguy Wrote:  Jeep: Soft top or Hard Top. Tough choice

Assuming both models are equally efficient in fuel use, take the one you can expect to have the least potential maintenance cost over time.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Was going to get a burrito for dinner. But then said fuck! I'm craving a burrito now. So got burrito. I told the burrito lady I wanted white rice, she put on brown and dumped it off when she realized her mistake so I had a mix of white and brown rice. Then I said I wanted black beans. Then load that shit with veggies. Then pile guac on like there's no tomorrow. Then salsa, she added pico de gallo by mistake. Best tasting mistake ever! It's going to be my new go to. So not so much a first world problem. More a first world fuck yea! Tongue

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
26-06-2017, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2017 02:26 PM by Szuchow.)
Found used bookstore with cheap and interesting books on SU, marxism and the like. Looked real good till I tried and couldn't make the order. Being surprised I tried to call them. Imagine my amazement when they rejected the incoming calls.

Too good to be true it seems.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
26-06-2017, 02:25 PM
I promised myself I'd stay in corrections for 3 years before actively looking for new work (first time as a CO I only stayed 9 months) so it doesn't look bad on my resume and to give me some time to finish getting my citizenship taken care of, thus opening some extra doors, and getting some additional relevant certifications taken care of. Still more than two years to go...
FrustyWeeping

That's not to say I won't jump ship if a better offer falls into my lap Consider Or heck even a lower paying offer that doesn't cost me my sanity. I don't have any left to spare Hobo

'Murican Canadian
26-06-2017, 05:22 PM
When you are taking a duckface selfie for the Duckface Selfie thread...

[Image: dnlrau.jpg]

And your cat looks at you like this... Laugh out load

[Image: 708ho3.jpg]

*File this under my cat's latest first world problem Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post