What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
09-07-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
My 5 year old can't pronounce "insects" correctly and during a bike ride in Gatineau park today he kept telling me he could "hear incest in the bushes".

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
09-07-2017, 12:38 PM
My boyfriend. Ugh. Angry He is a workaholic and tells me I should be happy because that means he can buy me nice things. And I like nice things, but I'd rather have his time. I just want our rship to be that quote: "I don't want someone who promises me the moon and stars. I want someone who promises to lay on the grass and watch them with me."

Latest shit: We haven't been on a real vacation together in awhile and spend virtually no time together due to his workaholic nature. Work *always* comes first. So he tells me we're going to go away to Tahoe together...and then I find out it's for a coworker's wedding. Dodgy wtf And then he wonders why I'm pissed.
09-07-2017, 12:40 PM
(09-07-2017 12:25 PM)yakherder Wrote:  My 5 year old can't pronounce "insects" correctly and during a bike ride in Gatineau park today he kept telling me he could "hear incest in the bushes".

My sister switched sounds around in words when she was little...magazine became mazagine and firetruck became...trierfuck. Mortified my mother to no end.

She grew out of it...hopefully your son will stop hearing incest real soon. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-07-2017, 02:46 AM
More of the same from last time: Wife just having First world problems all round.

Real minor stuff, but it's like chipping away at a rock, eventually there isn't any rock left to chip at, and it's pissing me off now lol. Proper crap stuff, but she keeps just banging on about things that aren't important, and I can only think "why are you so negative about everything?".

Spent the weekend driving with her, (she drove), and she was losing her shit about the traffic being bad. We didn't need to be anywhere at a specific time or anything, so it's just not important. We later found a lot of the bad traffic was caused by accidents on the motorway, so it's just like "you're complaining about people getting hurt. Just fucking chill out".

Happens with everything, and it's annoying me. But if I say anything she gets all defensive and doesn't see it. OH WELL. The joys of being married haha.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
10-07-2017, 03:13 AM
(08-07-2017 02:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's too hot to get in the pool. Undecided

I don't really appreciate how big of a 'thing' a pool is (or, the ability to swim), when you've spent most of your life within driving distance of one of the world's largest lakes.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-07-2017, 06:55 AM
It's all fun and games until someone else's kid poops on your bathroom floor. (WTF??)

And then I clean it up because neither of the kid's parents offer to do it.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
10-07-2017, 07:02 AM
(10-07-2017 02:46 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  More of the same from last time: Wife just having First world problems all round.

Real minor stuff, but it's like chipping away at a rock, eventually there isn't any rock left to chip at, and it's pissing me off now lol. Proper crap stuff, but she keeps just banging on about things that aren't important, and I can only think "why are you so negative about everything?".

Spent the weekend driving with her, (she drove), and she was losing her shit about the traffic being bad. We didn't need to be anywhere at a specific time or anything, so it's just not important. We later found a lot of the bad traffic was caused by accidents on the motorway, so it's just like "you're complaining about people getting hurt. Just fucking chill out".

Happens with everything, and it's annoying me. But if I say anything she gets all defensive and doesn't see it. OH WELL. The joys of being married haha.

We need a "Joys of Being Married and in Relationships" thread Hobo There must be an annoying spouse bug going around as my boyfriend currently has the same affliction. Wink But I love him anyway...sometimes Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-07-2017, 07:10 AM
(10-07-2017 07:02 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 02:46 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  More of the same from last time: Wife just having First world problems all round.

We need a "Joys of Being Married and in Relationships" thread Hobo There must be an annoying spouse bug going around as my boyfriend currently has the same affliction. Wink But I love him anyway...sometimes Tongue
Haha, yeah. I do often have to think "it's a good job I love you...", if it was a friend of mine, I'd have shouted at them by now.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
10-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Having to fly coast to coast for 5 hours while watching live TV and surfing the net. Yes, there is a part of me that bemoans not being able to teleport from Seattle to Boston.

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Oaken's post
10-07-2017, 10:19 PM
(10-07-2017 10:14 PM)Oaken Wrote:  Having to fly coast to coast for 5 hours while watching live TV and surfing the net. Yes, there is a part of me that bemoans not being able to teleport from Seattle to Boston.

Are you from Boston or just visiting?