What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
11-07-2017, 01:24 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(10-07-2017 10:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 10:14 PM)Oaken Wrote:  Having to fly coast to coast for 5 hours while watching live TV and surfing the net. Yes, there is a part of me that bemoans not being able to teleport from Seattle to Boston.

Are you from Boston or just visiting?

I am from Massachusetts but have live in the Seattle area since 2000.

Here is the thing about potential...You either use your gift or your gift uses you. You are either a rocket or a bomb.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Oaken's post
11-07-2017, 04:12 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 04:37 AM by BackSlider.)
Internet accounts that periodically refuse to acknowledge the account's password.

I'm thinking its a forced time to "update your password" feature, without asking you to do the update.
This backhanded approach takes your opinion out of whether or not I want to-- out of the process, you just HAVE TO DO IT!

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
11-07-2017, 05:30 AM
(11-07-2017 04:12 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Internet accounts that periodically refuse to acknowledge the account's password.

I'm thinking its a forced time to "update your password" feature, without asking you to do the update.
This backhanded approach takes your opinion out of whether or not I want to-- out of the process, you just HAVE TO DO IT!
For what it's worth, I work in IT, and at one point worked directly with user's accounts/passwords, and 99.9% times it's user error. And yep I know exactly what you mean, I've been on the "user" end screaming at it, but after seeing the way accounts work/prompt and remember passwords, it's almost certainly user error.

The .01% of times it actually is the account, you'd find hundreds/thousands of other people having the exact same issue, as it's a system error. Any time an individual person flips a lid over their password, it's user error every time lol.

ANYWAY:

Not me, but a friend has just messaged to say: "Stuck on a train, some person has jumped off a bridge and killed themselves.....it's holding up my journey". Stuff like this proper pisses me off. Yes, you're going to be late, but some poor sod has just killed themselves, give them time to sort that out and worry about it later.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
11-07-2017, 06:09 AM
(11-07-2017 01:24 AM)Oaken Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 10:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Are you from Boston or just visiting?

I am from Massachusetts but have live in the Seattle area since 2000.

Oh cool, I'm from MA too-but live in CA.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-07-2017, 06:20 AM
I love having long hair and as I mentioned in another thread, I'm letting it grow down to my waist, maybe even tailbone. But after you take a shower and your hair is wet down your back, getting it dry is a bitch Tongue And my hair dryer is ready to Hobo
11-07-2017, 06:37 AM
(11-07-2017 06:20 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I love having long hair and as I mentioned in another thread, I'm letting it grow down to my waist, maybe even tailbone. But after you take a shower and your hair is wet down your back, getting it dry is a bitch Tongue And my hair dryer is ready to Hobo

I remember Dame Edna Everage talking about growing hair that she could sit on.Big Grin

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
11-07-2017, 07:11 AM
(11-07-2017 06:37 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 06:20 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I love having long hair and as I mentioned in another thread, I'm letting it grow down to my waist, maybe even tailbone. But after you take a shower and your hair is wet down your back, getting it dry is a bitch Tongue And my hair dryer is ready to Hobo

I remember Dame Edna Everage talking about growing hair that she could sit on.Big Grin
"Hello possums!" Big Grin Dame Edna is like royalty over here.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
11-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Thanks oaktree500 for taking the time to explain that, I'll take it to heart, but also I use an encrypted password service so no doubt that could still be creating issues also. I'm really not one of those that claims to never be wrong or do something wrong.

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
12-07-2017, 02:55 AM
(11-07-2017 03:16 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Thanks oaktree500 for taking the time to explain that, I'll take it to heart, but also I use an encrypted password service so no doubt that could still be creating issues also. I'm really not one of those that claims to never be wrong or do something wrong.
Ha, no worries, it's not a big deal and I don't mean to cause any offense either. Just the ammount of people I've spoken to on the phone who are saying "ok trying again....GOD DAMNIT ITS NOT WRONG" and I have literally a little counter saying "bad password" going up each time haha. Just something I like to mention to people as I used to be one of those guys, so now if I get something wrong, I try an see if I'm doing anything wrong before I call tech support lol.

12-07-2017, 03:02 AM
(11-07-2017 07:11 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 06:37 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  I remember Dame Edna Everage talking about growing hair that she could sit on.Big Grin
"Hello possums!" Big Grin Dame Edna is like royalty over here.

I liked Les Patterson - attache to the Royal Court of St James.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post