What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
10-08-2017, 05:41 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(10-08-2017 04:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  I went into town today to do a bunch of errands.

On two of my stops I had the clerk run after me to bring me a forgotten item...

Facepalm Tongue

Once, fine. Twice......

At least they ran after you. Yesterday I discovered the bacon I'd bought the day before didn't make it home. Made that discovery after I'd washed the lettuce, cut the tomato and started the boiled eggs for a B(E)LT sammich.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2017, 06:54 PM
(10-08-2017 05:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 04:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The wife wanted to beat the price increase on the lifetime senior pass (from $10 to $80), so she drove 52 miles one way to get it, taking her mother and me along (me, because she isn't old enough, yet). Then I dropped $50 on lunch. $60 plus 4 hours out of my life (which included a side trip to a freaking quilt store, which I found out about, en route) that I will never get back. Facepalm

One phrase I never see myself saying: "Take me to the quilt store." Tongue I'm sorry you had to endure all that, but hopefully you got some good eats out of it Smile

That was the high point, for sure. But an incredible waste of time and money. She could have gotten it online! I should have said, "Hey, my favorite wood store is right off the road over there on the right!", (which is true, one can see it from the freeway) and then spent an hour or so looking for that perfect piece of wood for my next project. Evil_monster
10-08-2017, 07:04 PM
(10-08-2017 06:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  That was the high point, for sure. But an incredible waste of time and money. She could have gotten it online! I should have said, "Hey, my favorite wood store is right off the road over there on the right!", (which is true, one can see it from the freeway) and then spent an hour or so looking for that perfect piece of wood for my next project. Evil_monster

My husband is very happy that Amazon exists...he is no longer subjected to bookstores though I am sometimes tricked into shopping trips to Home Depot and Lowes. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-08-2017, 07:10 PM
(10-08-2017 05:41 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 04:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  I went into town today to do a bunch of errands.

On two of my stops I had the clerk run after me to bring me a forgotten item...

Facepalm Tongue

Once, fine. Twice......

At least they ran after you. Yesterday I discovered the bacon I'd bought the day before didn't make it home. Made that discovery after I'd washed the lettuce, cut the tomato and started the boiled eggs for a B(E)LT sammich.

Small towns are good that way Smile BELT sandwich sounds good, I'll have to try that soon.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-08-2017, 04:02 AM
A woman walking out of the grocery store ahead of me dropped her credit card without noticing it, so I picked it up and gave it back to her. She thanked me.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
11-08-2017, 04:31 AM
Can't stop Firefox from preventing the automatic redirecting to another webpage!

You have to be odd to be #1.
11-08-2017, 12:28 PM
Just because you held the door open for me doesn't mean you get to run your hand down my back. Ew on every level. I just wanted my fucking mexican food not to be touched by some random gross dude.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
11-08-2017, 02:08 PM
(11-08-2017 12:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Just because you held the door open for me doesn't mean you get to run your hand down my back. Ew on every level. I just wanted my fucking mexican food not to be touched by some random gross dude.

That ain't a first world problem. Also yuck Rainbow Vomit

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-08-2017, 02:40 PM
(11-08-2017 02:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 12:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Just because you held the door open for me doesn't mean you get to run your hand down my back. Ew on every level. I just wanted my fucking mexican food not to be touched by some random gross dude.

That ain't a first world problem. Also yuck Rainbow Vomit

Good point. But this is the first thread I clicked on Tongue And my Mexican food was getting cold Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-08-2017, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017 01:38 AM by yakherder.)
Opposite of my usual sleep problem...

I got to bed at a reasonable time, fell right to sleep no problem, my alarm set for 4:15 AM. By 3 AM I'm wide awake with no hope of falling back to sleep. Trying to convince myself to at least put the hour to use. Maybe go to work early for a longer than usual pre work gym session :/

My internal clock is completely Censored'ed from going back and forth between overnights and days, often within the same week, with minimal time to switch over.

'Murican Canadian