What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
12-08-2017, 01:25 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(12-08-2017 01:15 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Opposite of my usual sleep problem...

I got to bed at a reasonable time, fell right to sleep no problem, my alarm set for 4:15 AM. By 3 AM I'm wide awake with no hope of falling back to sleep. Trying to convince myself to at least put the hour to use. Maybe go to work early for a longer than usual pre work gym season :/

My internal clock is completely Censored'ed from going back and forth between overnights and days, often within the same week, with minimal time to switch over.

Short-staffed?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2017, 01:36 AM
(12-08-2017 01:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  

I got to bed at a reasonable time, fell right to sleep no problem, my alarm set for 4:15 AM. By 3 AM I'm wide awake with no hope of falling back to sleep. Trying to convince myself to at least put the hour to use. Maybe go to work early for a longer than usual pre work gym season :/

My internal clock is completely Censored'ed from going back and forth between overnights and days, often within the same week, with minimal time to switch over.

Short-staffed?

That does seem to be standard operating procedure. Plus all the "full timers" (I'm considered part time or casual despite averaging 70 to 90 hours per week Tongue ) are taking their vacation time during the summer.

'Murican Canadian
12-08-2017, 01:38 AM
(12-08-2017 01:36 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 01:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  Short-staffed?

That does seem to be standard operating procedure. Plus all the "full timers" (I'm considered part time or casual despite averaging 70 to 90 hours per week Tongue ) are taking their vacation time during the summer.

What do you have to do to be full time? Here in SA if you stay as temp and work more than a certain number of hours per week for more than 3 months you have to get equivalent benefits to full-time anyway.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-08-2017, 01:48 AM
(12-08-2017 01:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 01:36 AM)yakherder Wrote:  That does seem to be standard operating procedure. Plus all the "full timers" (I'm considered part time or casual despite averaging 70 to 90 hours per week Tongue ) are taking their vacation time during the summer.

What do you have to do to be full time? Here in SA if you stay as temp and work more than a certain number of hours per week for more than 3 months you have to get equivalent benefits to full-time anyway.

I have to wait for a full time position to open up, at which point it's given to an applying "casual" based on seniority.

Until then most of my hours are call ins rather than regularly scheduled shifts.

Right now average seems to be two or three years as a casual. And my first year doesn't count since I quit and came back. And I plan on quitting again once something else on my wish list opens up Tongue. Even with a regular schedule I couldn't do this shit permanently. For now, can't complain about the "choose your own paycheck" overtime availability lol.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
12-08-2017, 11:03 AM
(12-08-2017 01:48 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 01:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  What do you have to do to be full time? Here in SA if you stay as temp and work more than a certain number of hours per week for more than 3 months you have to get equivalent benefits to full-time anyway.

I have to wait for a full time position to open up, at which point it's given to an applying "casual" based on seniority.

Until then most of my hours are call ins rather than regularly scheduled shifts.

Right now average seems to be two or three years as a casual. And my first year doesn't count since I quit and came back. And I plan on quitting again once something else on my wish list opens up Tongue. Even with a regular schedule I couldn't do this shit permanently. For now, can't complain about the "choose your own paycheck" overtime availability lol.

That's how it goes where my wife works too, seniority goes up based on the number of shifts you do, it took about 3 years to get full time, and she took every shift they called her for. Which is part of the key, if there are 5 casual employees to choose for a shift that opens, they'll always call the ones that they know will say yes the most often, the less reliable get called last.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
12-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Yakherder, Have you tried melatonin supplements? Your situation sucks. It's the kind of thing that would throw my chronic insomnia into a blender and shred my life.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
12-08-2017, 02:34 PM
(10-08-2017 06:54 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 05:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  One phrase I never see myself saying: "Take me to the quilt store." Tongue I'm sorry you had to endure all that, but hopefully you got some good eats out of it Smile

That was the high point, for sure. But an incredible waste of time and money. She could have gotten it online! I should have said, "Hey, my favorite wood store is right off the road over there on the right!", (which is true, one can see it from the freeway) and then spent an hour or so looking for that perfect piece of wood for my next project. Evil_monster

Interesting! My SO *likes it* when I get wood...

Disappointing theists since 1968
12-08-2017, 02:35 PM
(10-08-2017 07:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 05:41 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  At least they ran after you. Yesterday I discovered the bacon I'd bought the day before didn't make it home. Made that discovery after I'd washed the lettuce, cut the tomato and started the boiled eggs for a B(E)LT sammich.

Small towns are good that way Smile BELT sandwich sounds good, I'll have to try that soon.

The Cordovan leather dye is especially tasty!

12-08-2017, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017 02:43 PM by A. Secular Human.)
(12-08-2017 01:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Short-staffed?

If so, he needs to talk to "Smilin' Bob".

[Image: living-large-smiling-bob-enzyte-doing-it...905123.jpg]

13-08-2017, 10:26 PM
My boyfriend made me laugh while I was gurgling mouthwash and I ended up spitting it out all over my bathroom mirror and wall. So basically My bathroom now smells like Tom's Wicked Fresh mouthwash. Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post