What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
25-08-2017, 07:56 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Fucking "code Nazi's"
The town got on my ass over the condition of the front porch.
It's an old house.
Been going back and forth.
Been to court twice and offered a deal twice, turned em down twice.
Basically little fine, which is what I expected. But then the kicker is they put in this very weird language about not breaking any state, federal or local laws for a year.
No mention of what happens if you do. It seems out of place with an agreement to paint my fucking front porch and creeps me out.
I told them I'll agree not to have any code violations but the rest of it is bullshit.
Second appearance they offered to take out the "state and federal laws" part but not the "local laws and codes" part.
Again it said take out the "local laws" part and leave in codes and I'll sign.
Nope they wouldn't do it. I'm probably over reacting but I'm not going down the road.
I have zero trust in this bullshit small town government.
So now I go to trial. This town (technically city) is bullshit.
You could almost throw a stone across the entire place and they have a police force big enough for a city 4 times the size.
And a more militarized police force you could never see. Full on body armor and utility belts etc.
It's creepy as all hell and the level of paranoia in people is off the charts. That seems to be the new norm.
People literally fear that "the Muslims" are going to overrun the town. How do you get to that?
Hunter Thompson was right. Seemed over stated but none of us knew how crazy frightened people could be.

Quote:The godfather of gonzo believes America has suffered a “nationwide nervous
breakdown” since 9/11, and as a result is compromising civil liberties for what
he calls “the illusion of security.” The compromise, he says, is “a disaster of
unthinkable proportions” and “part of the downward spiral of dumbness” he
believes is plaguing the country.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2017, 04:17 PM
(25-08-2017 07:56 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  Fucking "code Nazi's"
The town got on my ass

When I was in college, there was a story about a woman who built a fence around her house. One side of her fence touched the neighbor's fence. The woman had complied with the height, and style of fence as specified by her Homeowner's Association rules, but had either missed or misunderstood the fact that if you fence abutted a neighbor's fence, it had to be identical. Having just spent thousands to build the fence, and being unable to afford to rebuild, she asked that they please allow her fence to remain.

The HOA declined and told her that as long as the fence touched her neighbor's fence, she had to take it down or pay a huge fine. So, she took a saw and cut an inch out of her fence so it would technically no longer touch the neighbor's. The paper had a picture of her standing smugly by the fence with the saw in her hand. As far as I know, the HOA had to let it go, and her fence got to stay.
26-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Moved to a location without a HOA about seven years ago. Really works for me and takes a load of stress off me. I used to get letters for everything. All it takes is one busybody neighbor to contact HOA when the grass grows a tad too tall.

Anyway: an article I saw: some people are concerned about Hurricane Harvey here in Texas...might disrupt their Sunday viewing of Game of Thrones.
26-08-2017, 06:40 PM
My "Telltale Games" collection on Steam is available with text in multiple languages, but only English audio. As dialogue heavy as it is, it would be a cool listening comprehension tool if it had audio.

Games like Skyrim and Fallout have all sorts of languages available.

'Murican Canadian
27-08-2017, 10:07 PM
My boo boo

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Informed by science. Inspired by art. Motivated by compassion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Not having access to food....

I mean you do realize that "first world problems" often aren't that different than "third world problems ya?" This is meant to trivialize things that really aren't problems that spoiled rich people whine about. But people in the US don't always have access to food, There are problems everywhere among those trapped in extreme poverty, including the "first world"

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
06-09-2017, 02:59 AM
Having to watch TV that I don't like lol.

My wife watches a lot of generic garbage on TV, that I really don't enjoy. Programs about Vets/Animal care, police chases, stuff like that, so I normally just grab a book/my phone and do something else. Lately it's been "dude, put your phone away and watch this with me" which I wouldn't mind, but when I want to watch something either: A) she's on her phone, and I can't say shit or B) she tells me what I'm watching is shit and to turn it off.

Doesn't seem very fair to me!

Quote:Son of an owl!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
06-09-2017, 03:43 AM
Dieting... I really need to lose some poundage but I love the cake. The cake seems to find me wherever I am, my job is quite physical which is a good thing from the exercise perspective, but I have absolutely no will power when it comes to cutting out the crap in my diet Undecided

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
06-09-2017, 04:29 AM
Irma - The Hobo begins again.
Still beats earthquakes.Unsure

You have to be odd to be #1.
06-09-2017, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 02:46 PM by Shai Hulud.)
I'm ready to just sit back after first day of classes, relax, and work on PowerPoints...but everyone wants to stop by my office and chat. Tongue It's a good problem to have. Edit: And after I posted this, I spent over an hour talking with two coworkers.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post