What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
03-10-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
A few pairs of my new socks fell behind my washing machine and were sandwiched in between the washing machine and my wall. So I had to climb on top of the washing machine and contort myself half way down the wall while hanging over the washing machine to get them out. I could've just had my boyfriend move the washer, but what fun would that be Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2017, 07:46 PM
(03-10-2017 07:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  A few pairs of my new socks fell behind my washing machine and were sandwiched in between the washing machine and my wall. So I had to climb on top of the washing machine and contort mysllf half way down the wall while hanging over the washing machine to get them out. I could've just had my boyfriend move the washer, but what fun would that be Tongue

Nah, I was busy enjoying the view.

Sincerely,
Jennybee's boyfriend

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
11-10-2017, 06:45 AM
Small litany of them this morning and it's only 7:40. People forgot, in our drought, how to drive in rain apparently, so everyone was terrified on the road and going way under the speed limit. Was running a bit late, so instead of picking up something at Wal-Mart, went to Burger King Drive Thru...and then was parked and waited 22 minutes for them to bring out my (now cold) food. Got to campus and it began to rain harder...umbrella broke. Then Burger King bag, caught in the rain, decided "man, the weight and angle of these french toast sticks boxes is too much, so it ripped open and scattered my two orders of French toast sticks into a puddle. And now I'm soaked and hoping to dry out before my first class in an hour and fifteen minutes.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
11-10-2017, 11:25 AM
(11-10-2017 06:45 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Small litany of them this morning and it's only 7:40. People forgot, in our drought, how to drive in rain apparently, so everyone was terrified on the road and going way under the speed limit. Was running a bit late, so instead of picking up something at Wal-Mart, went to Burger King Drive Thru...and then was parked and waited 22 minutes for them to bring out my (now cold) food. Got to campus and it began to rain harder...umbrella broke. Then Burger King bag, caught in the rain, decided "man, the weight and angle of these french toast sticks boxes is too much, so it ripped open and scattered my two orders of French toast sticks into a puddle. And now I'm soaked and hoping to dry out before my first class in an hour and fifteen minutes.

Past Edit time so:

Bookstore: You've not adopted textbooks yet.
Me: Oh thanks!

Go to Adoption site...it looks like something I made on Geocities in the mid-1990s. None of the drop down menus work and the "manual entry" fields are completely grayed out. Now I have to dig out the old forms they prefer we not use any more.

13-10-2017, 02:43 AM
muslins
30-10-2017, 02:37 PM
Why do I dislike having to use the university system's travel partner and such? Well...I'm supposed to do the preliminary expense report before booking, but the preliminary expense report people want the receipts from booking, and they want the form that I'm supposed to do the preliminary expense report in lieu of. Also they want a copy of the conference program; which is not in PDF so I'm just attaching a Word doc with a link to the Preliminary Program, as well as screenshots of my Panel and of the main search page on the Preliminary Program. They also want me to delete a few line items, because they're not allowed to actually enter all the data for reimbursement until after the conference...however, by not submitting all of the data I run afoul a different rule regarding that.

03-11-2017, 10:11 AM
I have to wait one more day to go buy my drums.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
03-11-2017, 10:36 AM
People are everywhere.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
05-11-2017, 08:26 AM
This is not my first world problem, but one that I noticed while browsing around on Twitch. I stopped by this guys channel and watched him complain about not being able to click on a link he had opened up on his smart phone. It looked like either a Galaxy Note or an iPhone+. He was complaining... about not being able to click on a link on his expensive smart phone... while streaming to over 15000 people on twitch... he was streaming. he was sitting in front of his computer complaining about not being able to click on a link he had opened on his phone... while sitting in front of his computer... let that soak in for a minute.
[+] 1 user Likes ModestMariner's post
06-11-2017, 03:17 PM
I want to play Shadow of Mordor, watch Once Upon a Time, watch Stranger Things, and watch The Good Wife but I don't have time to commit to all four. It'd be also nice to just get paid and not work so I had a bit more time for the aforementioned more important things but no-one wants to pay me to watch Netflix. Undecided

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post