What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4 Average
14-07-2018, 11:49 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
(14-07-2018 10:29 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(14-07-2018 09:07 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The bagel shop didn't toast my bagel enough.

Weeping will you be okay? Hug

I think so. The peanut butter and sliced bananas made up for it Tongue Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-07-2018, 12:02 PM
Decided to use work laptop (formerly resigned coworker's) in a classroom while watching YouTube on a screen from the PC in there. They never hooked PC back up to projector in ceiling of the room after taking everything out to wax it, and then put everything back in. Meanwhile...resigned coworker apparently didn't use his work laptop once, because when I turned it on, I tried to log in, "can't reach domain". I hit the wireless and it wouldn't connect; eventually I found an ethernet cable to plug in. It lets me login to the university's domain now...and then begins computer setup...the setup for the first time anyone logged in after IT imaged the computer for him a year ago. Once I'm in and on the desktop (still plugged in via ethernet cable), I end up going to connect to wireless, get the "oh this is your first time connecting to this" prompt, where you have to open it with Firefox, Chrome, or IE for credentials...which explains why wireless wasn't connecting from login screen where I couldn't connect wirelessly to the normal network domain. So long story short, I just spent half an hour getting things properly running on this work laptop, and I'm not paid to fool around with cables for a classroom ceiling projector; Shai does not want to test his balance on wheeled chairs today.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2018, 03:57 PM
(05-07-2018 06:43 PM)julep Wrote:  
(05-07-2018 10:11 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I did something like that right after Trump won the election. I stopped buying my daily newspaper (and I already wasn't watching TV) because I didn't want to see him or hear him or read about him. My blood pressure went down all right, but I eventually realized that ignoring him isn't going to make him go away. He is doing real damage to our country and to the world, and the worst thing we can do is ignore him and let him do whatever he wants. He needs to be resisted, and we can't do that effectively without knowing what he's up to. So I started buying the daily newspaper again.

I subscribed to the New York Times and Washington Post.
Fortunately my BP's always been on the low side.

I subscribe to the Gray Lady, too. She's still great.

I also subscribe to the local paper, mostly just to support local journalism, because the paper pretty much sucks.Unsure

Disappointing theists since 1968
15-07-2018, 04:27 PM
I stopped watching the news in '03.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
15-07-2018, 05:19 PM
A dying hard drive on my wife's computer.

- Jim
18-07-2018, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2018 07:26 AM by Shai Hulud.)
Just got an email for my 9:30am training saying we all need to bring a laptop, as there are no computers in the computer lab for this training for our new online learning platform

Edit: In an effort to install my new office printer, it has drawn first blood, literally, with a papercut. Apparently the printer does not believe in blood sacrifice, because we're now just stuck in an endless loop of "checking for software updates".

Need to think of a witty signature.
18-07-2018, 03:18 PM
(18-07-2018 06:16 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just got an email for my 9:30am training saying we all need to bring a laptop, as there are no computers in the computer lab for this training for our new online learning platform

Edit: In an effort to install my new office printer, it has drawn first blood, literally, with a papercut. Apparently the printer does not believe in blood sacrifice, because we're now just stuck in an endless loop of "checking for software updates".

And if you don't *own* a laptop?

Disappointing theists since 1968
19-07-2018, 12:14 PM
I engaged in mortal combat with the lamp in my bedroom last night, and although the lamp is now dead and I'm still here, I feel like I lost the battle. I was just trying to change a burned-out light bulb, but in the process I dropped one light bulb, tried to use it anyway and blew the circuit breaker in the bedroom, then got another one cross-threaded and ruined the socket and on/off switch trying to get it out. End of story: that lamp is now in the garbage and I pulled one from another room that I wasn't using, so my bedroom has light again.

But I'm all out of spare light bulbs now, and it took me at least half an hour to stop sweating after the battle (and the battle itself lasted a good half hour).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
23-07-2018, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2018 11:38 AM by Vera.)
Because my laptop sucks, I currently have to keep the monitor at a certain angle... which forces me to stare at my reflection as I work. I struggle with having to look at myself at the best of times, now, when both my OCD and my body dysmorphia (or the objective acceptance of my ugliness, not sure which) are acting up, it's really something I could have done without Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
24-07-2018, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2018 11:25 AM by Vera.)
Yesterday's problem solved! On the packet of green tea I bought the other day in a desperate attempt to find something that wakes me up just a bit (caffeine has no effect on me. Ze. Ro.) it says "renew your self-esteem". Been drinking it for several days and can't stop looking at myself now Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."