What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
04-02-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Rebuilding a computer for a friend, using her old drives and my daughter's old motherboard. Not enough IDE plug-ins on the motherboard, and no SATA devices I can install instead.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 02:18 PM
What is your latest first world problem ?
(04-02-2014 11:17 PM)Noelani Wrote:  I have a working washer and dryer. I don't have to drag my clothes down to a river and spend all day slapping them against rocks and waiting for them to dry. But still I'm like, "Suck my tits, laundry!"

This makes me think of O Brother, Where Art Thou?*

*Not a First World Problem

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
05-02-2014, 02:46 PM
My phone just rang, and it was someone I didn't want to talk to but couldn't ignore, so I let it go to voice mail and am procrastinating returning the call in hopes they won't be there when I do so I can just leave them a message and fulfill my obligation without really interacting with them...

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
05-02-2014, 03:17 PM
(05-02-2014 02:46 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  My phone just rang, and it was someone I didn't want to talk to but couldn't ignore, so I let it go to voice mail and am procrastinating returning the call in hopes they won't be there when I do so I can just leave them a message and fulfill my obligation without really interacting with them...

I love it when I feel the same way but I return the call almost immediately and they don't pick up and then don't call back... Makes my day

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
05-02-2014, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 03:42 PM by Noelani.)
(05-02-2014 02:18 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(04-02-2014 11:17 PM)Noelani Wrote:  I have a working washer and dryer. I don't have to drag my clothes down to a river and spend all day slapping them against rocks and waiting for them to dry. But still I'm like, "Suck my tits, laundry!"

This makes me think of O Brother, Where Art Thou?*

*Not a First World Problem

That's a good movie.

Edited to add first world problem lest I am reprimanded for straying off topic: My phone only partially dl'd a system update so now it is hardly functioning as a phone. Internet works part of the time, I don't get texts or phone calls, only voice mails. Last night almost every hour an alarm would go off even though there was no alarm set and my phone was in the correct time zone. It's lucky I didn't kill it.
[+] 1 user Likes Noelani's post
05-02-2014, 03:35 PM
I miss playing Dungeons and Dragons but the people I hang out with now don't like it Weeping

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
05-02-2014, 03:52 PM
So much bullshit drama and work at school. I'll be so happy when I no longer have to go to that hell hole.
05-02-2014, 07:59 PM
When people dismiss attending my birthday dinner:

"I'm Jehovah's Witness, and don't believe in birthdays, birthday parties, birthday cake, and much more importantly, I don't believe in fun. Sorry, I won't be attending this shindig of devilish proportions."

Confused
05-02-2014, 08:05 PM
A really nice classy cougar approached me at the mall, I froze time formulated my pickup lines and charm offensive like Neo selecting guns in the matrix.
Libido was at defcon 5

Only to be handed a watch tower booklet..

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
05-02-2014, 08:57 PM
(05-02-2014 03:35 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I miss playing Dungeons and Dragons but the people I hang out with now don't like it Weeping

I've only like, played one time.
It was awesome.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post