What is your latest first world problem ?

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
09-03-2014, 01:31 AM
RE: What is your latest first world problem ?
Losing an hour of sleep because of daylight savings time!
Angry

And my iPhone auto corrects words I don't need to have auto corrected.
Angry Angry

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2014, 01:34 AM
(09-03-2014 01:31 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Losing an hour of sleep because of daylight savings time!
Angry

And my iPhone auto corrects words I don't need to have auto corrected.
Angry Angry

I ducking hate that.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 4 users Like Im_Ryan's post
09-03-2014, 03:25 AM
I can't find any good anime streaming sites to watch anime on my phone with...

Why don't people consider that people watch videos on their phones and optimise them for it...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-03-2014, 03:29 AM
(04-03-2014 08:32 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 05:03 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  So today I got some mail from ECS (the Electoral Commission SA).

As of today, I am to be legally forced to vote for the rest of my life as an Australian.

Voting just gives you the right to bitch about your government Laugh out load

Puh-lease. I reserve that right with and/or without voting.

(04-03-2014 09:15 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 05:03 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  So today I got some mail from ECS (the Electoral Commission SA).

As of today, I am to be legally forced to vote for the rest of my life as an Australian.

Nope your not forced, you can opt out for a government donation of $140.00 per election, and have your drivers licence suspended if you refused to pay said $140.

see its completely optional. Weeping

That's not really opting out...

You know I've looked into the laws fairly deep and I have not found a single reason for voting to be compulsory...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-03-2014, 03:43 AM
1. It forces a baseline minimum interaction between citizenship and government
2. It encourages a voice for the political centre, rather than having politics be dominated by the extremes
3. It encourages a more stable political system, where a 6% swing in votes is actually a 6% swing in the population, not in some minority subset of the citizenry.

I don't see a problem with voting being a responsibility of citizenship, alongside serving on a jury.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
09-03-2014, 04:01 AM
(09-03-2014 03:43 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  1. It forces a baseline minimum interaction between citizenship and government
2. It encourages a voice for the political centre, rather than having politics be dominated by the extremes
3. It encourages a more stable political system, where a 6% swing in votes is actually a 6% swing in the population, not in some minority subset of the citizenry.

I don't see a problem with voting being a responsibility of citizenship, alongside serving on a jury.

Okay, accepting those, why am I (and likely many, many others) being forced to vote for people I don't care about in a system I have next to no interest in?
Why is not voting not an option? It seems perfectly reasonable to me that the right to elect representatives and the right to not take part should be hand-in-hand.

09-03-2014, 06:07 AM
Because if you dont force a vote the only people who vote are religious nutjobs and then you end up as america, then end.
09-03-2014, 06:39 PM
I panicked and started crying because I couldn't find my cat Theodore so I thought he got out of our yard and then I found him cuddled up on one of the shelves in the bathroom closet and I cried more because I was happy and then I ate a sandwich and if this doesn't sum up a girl's menstrual cycle than idk what does.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
09-03-2014, 06:41 PM
(09-03-2014 06:39 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I panicked and started crying because I couldn't find my cat Theodore so I thought he got out of our yard and then I found him cuddled up on one of the shelves in the bathroom closet and I cried more because I was happy and then I ate a sandwich and if this doesn't sum up a girl's menstrual cycle than idk what does.

Needs more blood.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
09-03-2014, 08:38 PM
(09-03-2014 06:39 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I panicked and started crying because I couldn't find my cat Theodore so I thought he got out of our yard and then I found him cuddled up on one of the shelves in the bathroom closet and I cried more because I was happy and then I ate a sandwich and if this doesn't sum up a girl's menstrual cycle than idk what does.

I'm no expert, but I thought women only ate ice cream and chocolate on their menstrual cycles? Consider

Atir aissom atir imon