What is your opinion about aliens?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 01:24 PM
RE: What is your opinion about aliens?
(31-01-2013 10:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 10:33 AM)rastathecontroller Wrote:  I believe there are intelligent life forms inhabiting this universe, as it is more likely than unlikely. I also have reason to believe they play a part in our government, that is if they are on this planet and/or have had prior communication with our species.

Please state your evidence.

I don't have any concrete evidence, certainly not enough to convince an atheist via web. This is simply my opinion
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 04:45 PM
(31-01-2013 01:24 PM)rastathecontroller Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 10:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please state your evidence.

I don't have any concrete evidence, certainly not enough to convince an atheist via web. This is simply my opinion

OK, but why would you have this opinion?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-01-2013, 04:51 PM
[Image: 26am.jpg]

It's just my opinion though.
04-02-2013, 12:20 AM
i couldnt imagine us being all there is. it seens likely that we are not alone but i sometimes wonder. i mean maybe there are reasons we can exist that we dont yet understand. it could be that we are the first place in the universe in which life has appeared. perhaps we will spread life out into the cosmos. who knows?
are aliens coming here. im going with no, i dont believe so. if they are i doubt very much that any of us apes know anything about it.
04-02-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm ready to have a serious talk about aliens. However, it must be a different thread than this thread. Also, we must talk probabilities of the existence of aliens and not certainties.

Is anyone willing?
[+] 1 user Likes Julius's post
04-02-2013, 11:51 PM
(04-02-2013 12:35 AM)Julius Wrote:  I'm ready to have a serious talk about aliens. However, it must be a different thread than this thread. Also, we must talk probabilities of the existence of aliens and not certainties.

Is anyone willing?
Quite extraordinarily probable that some are willing.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
05-02-2013, 12:24 AM
[Image: 2nIs68O.jpg]

Alien life seems quite probable. I also think there are likely some other civilizations in the milky way. I'm skeptical as to whether they are visiting us. I doubt it. Most sightings are ridiculous, and most abductions are easily explained as hypnagogia. I've personally experienced sleep paralysis accompanied by shadowy figures approaching my bed. Its pretty common.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
05-02-2013, 02:37 PM
(31-01-2013 04:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 01:24 PM)rastathecontroller Wrote:  I don't have any concrete evidence, certainly not enough to convince an atheist via web. This is simply my opinion

OK, but why would you have this opinion?
I am of this opinion, too...but I don't have any evidence to support it. Nevertheless, I have the opinion that there are intelligent aliens out there - somewhere. The reason I hold this opinion is the same reason I used to believe that extra-solar planets probably existed - even though it couldn't be proved until recently.

I figured our little slice of the universe - our Solar System - probably wasn't unique for a long time ago I gave up on the belief that anything was neccessarily unique. Science has shown that the moon and stars do not orbit the earth and that the earth is nowhere near the center of the Universe and that our star and galaxy are like billions of others. Also, evolutionary science has shown that Homo Sapien was not the only man to evolve and didn't even neccessarily become king-of-the-planet for hundred thousand years or more after he evolved: that was spot was occupied by Heidelbergensis and Neanderthal. Thus, when I extrapolate all this "non-uniqueness", it doesn't seem unreasonable to conclude that alien life - even intelligent alien life - is highly probable.

Hope this helps.
05-02-2013, 02:49 PM
(05-02-2013 02:37 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(31-01-2013 04:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  OK, but why would you have this opinion?
I am of this opinion, too...but I don't have any evidence to support it. Nevertheless, I have the opinion that there are intelligent aliens out there - somewhere. The reason I hold this opinion is the same reason I used to believe that extra-solar planets probably existed - even though it couldn't be proved until recently.

I figured our little slice of the universe - our Solar System - probably wasn't unique for a long time ago I gave up on the belief that anything was neccessarily unique. Science has shown that the moon and stars do not orbit the earth and that the earth is nowhere near the center of the Universe and that our star and galaxy are like billions of others. Also, evolutionary science has shown that Homo Sapien was not the only man to evolve and didn't even neccessarily become king-of-the-planet for hundred thousand years or more after he evolved: that was spot was occupied by Heidelbergensis and Neanderthal. Thus, when I extrapolate all this "non-uniqueness", it doesn't seem unreasonable to conclude that alien life - even intelligent alien life - is highly probable.

Hope this helps.

Oh, I agree with you, except the moon does orbit the earth. Drinking Beverage

No, I was asking rasta why he believes "I also have reason to believe they play a part in our government, that is if they are on this planet and/or have had prior communication with our species."

That seems unlikely in the extreme.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-02-2013, 09:05 PM
(04-02-2013 12:35 AM)Julius Wrote:  I'm ready to have a serious talk about aliens. However, it must be a different thread than this thread. Also, we must talk probabilities of the existence of aliens and not certainties.

Is anyone willing?
im in. have you started the thread? whats it called?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ancient Aliens Shadow Fox 10 152 25-07-2014 11:43 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Evidence that we have been invaded by green aliens from outer space Bows and Arrows 14 288 09-07-2014 11:05 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  Aliens !, what would embarrass you the most sporehux 55 1,808 07-12-2013 05:24 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked ghostexorcist 46 4,345 01-11-2013 10:13 AM
Last Post: Skeptic Gamer
  Actually aliens saved me. BlackMason 28 1,122 22-10-2013 08:46 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  Fbi with Aliens, and claimed UFO image. Adenosis 13 553 18-10-2013 05:16 PM
Last Post: WeAreTheCosmos
  Ancient Aliens! Adenosis 36 2,883 02-10-2013 12:45 PM
Last Post: Dom