What is your opinion about aliens?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: What is your opinion about aliens?
I don't really know if there are aliens, but I did see a UFO once. I cannot say that it was alien in nature, it was simply an unidentified object to me.

It was early morning and still dark. I was sitting at a red light. I reached over to my right to pick up my coffee mug, and saw something out of my peripheral vision. When I looked up at the sky, this object was flying very fast, but then stopped in midair and hovered there. That is the only way I was able to actually describe what it looked like. Nothing fancy, just an extremely illuminated green rectangle. I grabbed for my phone to try and get a picture, but the light turned, and I didn't get the chance.

Soon as I got to work, I drew what I saw and showed everybody. I live in a very small town, and right by an arsenal, so we all finally decided it was possibly something from there? I still have no clue what that was.

I've learned to be really skeptical about pretty much everything. I've also watched and seen videos & photos of supposed alien spaceships, but they could easily be fake. Still, I think there could be life on another planet somewhere. And as beautiful and intricate, as some of those crop circles are, I can't imagine aliens traveling forever and a day, finding our planet, and the only thing they do is make pretty designs in fields, and then leave. Rolleyes

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
28-07-2014, 01:15 AM
What is your opinion about aliens?
High probability- life exists on other planets in the universe

Low probability- advanced life forms have visited planet earth
[+] 2 users Like photon9's post
28-07-2014, 01:26 AM
If they're anything like facehuggers, we're in for some problems!

In all seriousness, I'm convinced they're out there. I find it hard to believe that we're the only forms of intelligent life that exist. They may never be discovered in my lifetime, but I trust our scientific advances will bring us to that point one day.

Perhaps there are even life forms that are more animalistic than anything else. Like Xenomorphs. Annnnnd there I go again. =]

"Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?" --Ellen Ripley
28-07-2014, 01:29 AM
I think aliens are smell, ugly and if their technology is SOOOO great and SUCH a great threat to us?!...Then how come they have never defeated the human race in an invasion and have been reduced to having their brains blown up with yodeling?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
28-07-2014, 07:26 AM
There was a year I saw 4 UFOs, they looked and moved mostly the same, a silver cigar leaving no vapor trail. One of them was longer and had a black stripe in the middle.
This is pretty much how they looked like. Flying sex toys? Big Grin

Anyway, the more I learn about the government and society, the less I wonder why they never land in front of White House. We might as well be Jews saying that if extraterrestrials existed, they would by definition land in Jerusalem and give proper respect to the Wall of sorrows.
28-07-2014, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2014 07:53 AM by Luminon.)
(12-06-2014 12:29 AM)CindysRain Wrote:  I've learned to be really skeptical about pretty much everything. I've also watched and seen videos & photos of supposed alien spaceships, but they could easily be fake. Still, I think there could be life on another planet somewhere. And as beautiful and intricate, as some of those crop circles are, I can't imagine aliens traveling forever and a day, finding our planet, and the only thing they do is make pretty designs in fields, and then leave. Rolleyes
Well, I can. If you are interested in idle speculations, I'd like to up your imagination.
There are people making theories that these "aliens" are normal people living in the form of dark matter on nearby planets (or some of the moons, if it's a gas giant). They don't travel interstallar distances. The crop circles have supposedly more functions - a geoengineering project to stabilize Earth's magnetic field, a form of art and a way of safe communication or social experiment.

I personally like to imagine that the extraterrestrials do not make contact, because they are voluntaristic anarchists and consider government as barbaric. Maybe they have a post-scarcity economy and think the same about money and business. Maybe they're atheists or just as crazy "spiritual" philosophers as me. Maybe they all live at least a 100 years and so they all remember that every single politician and voter on planet Earth is full of shit and people have no idea what is real, right or wrong. At least Jane Goodall's chimpanzees are sane animals and do not have a mass ideological, economical, racist, nationalist or cross-species bias. Also, the chimps do not have global communication, with us there are no second chances.

OK, does that make more sense to you?
29-07-2014, 04:28 AM
Re: What is your opinion about aliens?
I think there are aliens out there. Such a vast cosmos, highly likely if not inevitable that life has evolved elsewhere.
As for alien conspiracy theories etc, no, I dont believe it.
People being abducted and experimented on? After four weeks on site in the Pilbara, a man gets lonely...... so I leave my door unlocked.... maybe it will be my turn.....Wink
[+] 1 user Likes kiwihogfiend's post
10-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Aliens was always a conspiracy theory I had when I was younger. They may exist, they may not. But what does it really matter if they are so far away from us that we would never be able to reach or communicate with them?
So I am going to accept that they may exist, but I will reserve judgment on their actual existence until given evidence that they do.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
[+] 1 user Likes spinosauruskin's post