What is your opinion about aliens?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: What is your opinion about aliens?
I think there has to be live elsewhere in the universe just by sheer chance. There are billions and trillions of planets out there, it would be naive and arrogant to this we are the only ones in the universe.
Also I don't think aliens have ever come to earth, there is no evidence of them an it tends to be just crazy people claiming to have seen them and is a good source of tourism and profit for some people as people are fascinated by the concept of aliens.
Also why when people say they have seen aliens do they always look like humans. There is no reason to think they will look like us, just look at the diversity in the appearance of life forms on our own planet, that is another reason why I think it is just people making up lies about seeing aliens.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoroeau

Please check out my YouTube channel! Thumbsup http://www.youtube.com/user/1ScottUK
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2013, 09:15 PM
When I hear "aliens from another galaxy" I'm like "Seriously? A completely different galaxy? Do you even realize how many stars there are in THIS galaxy?"
05-03-2013, 06:02 AM
(04-03-2013 09:15 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  When I hear "aliens from another galaxy" I'm like "Seriously? A completely different galaxy? Do you even realize how many stars there are in THIS galaxy?"

Or the distances between galaxies?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Intelligent,sentient aliens probably exist,IMO.

I don't believe they have been here, however.
07-03-2013, 06:00 PM
What is your opinion about aliens?
No and no. That logic to suggest the possibility that aliens exist does not hold any merit, just like it doesn't when religious peeps use that logic.
07-03-2013, 11:45 PM
I believe in intelligent aliens (not the kind from Mexico, those guys are stupid). I doubt we will ever encounter them though. With the universe being such a large place, and our inability to travel very fast combined with the fact that other aliens likely also face similar problems and the fact that we've only been around a short while (and may only be here a short while) with the likelihood that intelligent aliens may also be here a short while leaves me to think it ain't meant to be. It is very possible that we are the smartest creatures that exist in our universe right now, but it is a bit depressing to think that we are as as smart as the universe gets so I hope there's smarter beings out there that we might bump into one day, but I wouldn't hold my breathe. In any event I would think it is likely that at some point in time there have been, are or will be smarter beings. Of course I say all of this speaking from the point of view that time is linear (something which I don't really ascribe to) so if you hold the opinion that all time is always happening, then yes I think there are probably smarter cooler aliens, maybe even humanoids with pointy ears and little regard for emotion. It may be possible one day to have some type of communication with them by sending messages across space/time, who the hell knows, but again I wouldn't hold my breathe....man I am really rambling, but I wish I had the opportunity to see and understand how physics works...really understand it all, that would be God-like knowledge! I get side-tracked easily, forgive me. Also the lame Mexican joke too, sorry. Smile

24-02-2014, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 02:22 PM by =jesse=.)
I've begun to wonder if aliens would look just like us, or maybe at least one type of alien, assuming there are many different species. If the galaxy is all made up of the same stuff, it's feasible to think that some other species evolved like us, has the same propensity towards religion, republicans, democrats, some alien version of Honey BooBoo and the Karadashians...

I always thought it would be pretty funny though if a spaceship arrived at earth, landed, opened it's doors, and as all of humanity is expecting little green men or crab people, it's just a species where homosexuality is accepted and heterosexuals is the 'abomination', they look exactly like us, but gender roles have been reversed and females are the 'alphas'. Turns out from their world, homosexuality is divine...and now they're here to enforce their divine will.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
26-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Aliens may be right beneath our sniffers, and we still fail to look twice at the most obvious of life-forms on Earth.
26-02-2014, 09:05 PM
I think it is extremely possible considering how vast and endless space is. Hell, even the ocean is a trip when you think about it. As for aliens being here on earth right now....the conspiracy theorist within me says most definitely. The logical and realistic side says most likely not. It is a fun thought to entertain though.
26-02-2014, 10:01 PM
(05-03-2013 06:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 09:15 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  When I hear "aliens from another galaxy" I'm like "Seriously? A completely different galaxy? Do you even realize how many stars there are in THIS galaxy?"

Or the distances between galaxies?

Alcubierre drive!
Anyways, they're probably fascinated with their millions, billions, or trillions, of stars.
This reminds me of how people mix up 'solar system' and 'galaxy'
Like how people call our solar system a galaxy. Or how they say "we found 715 planets in the solar system."

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post