14-06-2011, 04:38 PM
What is your opinion about aliens?
Do they exist? Are they here?
IMHO: yes, and probably not.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2011, 05:06 PM
RE: What is your opinion about aliens?
Aliens obviously exist as life has been found in the shape of small organisms on planets near us. I don't really pay much attention to the whole sentience idea, as I feel that's something we can't really know about a species we can't communicate with.

If aliens are on this planet they've probably been here a long time which would mean they came her fleeing something. Most likely they were assimilated and their descendents became rather natural if that is the case. I don't think they are and I'm pretty sure we won't run into any of them within the next century at least. We are stil a long way off from being able to travel far enough that it becomes likely we meet the right type of planet.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 4 users Like Lilith Pride's post
14-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I believe in intelligent aliens, and I believe personally that they have been here. I won't go to far into that for fear of becoming an outcast. I have seen things throughout my whole life that currently can not be explained, that I would love to believe are aliens, but I of course have not deemed it so. I don't think I'd be a very good walking teapot if I just assumed that's what I'd seen, but I do sway that way in my personal opinion. If only I could prove it. Or disprove it. Whatever.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-06-2011, 08:07 PM
I understand your worries Lucardis and would like to be able to say different, if you would like to discuss things we can always IM. I enjoy personal experience stories, I have some odd ones too,

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
14-06-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm on the same page as Lilith Pride. Just looking at the number of planets there are, there is bound to be other intelligent life forms somewhere. Do they anally probe humans as a hobby? Doubtful.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
[+] 3 users Like ashley.hunt60's post
14-06-2011, 09:00 PM

It seems improbable [perhaps irresponsible?] to say that there are no other forms of life out there. The numbers are stacked in favor of life. Even if there were only 1 'earth' per galaxy. Tonnes of life. Even if only 1% of those were able to get off their planet and spread throughout their local stars and perhaps their galaxy. Tonnes of life.
Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2011, 10:31 PM
I have not only long ago excepted the strong possibility for alien intelligent existence, I also believe that it is possible that one or more ET races may have been here long ago. If you think about WWII island natives thinking that our fighter pilots were gods, it’s conceivable that very early humans may have mistaken ETs for gods, also.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Cargo-Cults-Then-and-Now

That could also be a far - fetched explanation for the development of early religions. ( just a wandering thought )

If one gives it just a little thought, an alien ‘astronaut’ would appear god like to an ancient person with little or no scientific knowledge at all. Think of the ancient Sumerians of Mesopotamia seeing an astronaut from the Apollo program walking around. Think of what THEY would have written! ( in cuneiform ) They undoubtably would have believed they were seeing “gods”.

Again, just wild speculation, If these travelers knew we were developing to the point we would recognize them for what they really are, they may have elected to watch us from afar, rather than make contact with a developing specie. Or, maybe someone pissed them off by eating their apple! Tongue

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
15-06-2011, 11:42 AM

Aliens (as in outer space intelligent life) exist, but I don't think we'll ever find them, or that they'll ever find us. The distances we're talking about are incredible, there's no way we'll have Star Trek-like adventures with other intelligent species in the universe.

Whether they have been on earth - same thing. Very improbable. And aliens definitely can't perform miracles.

Life is certainly out there, but we'll never know what it looks like.
Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I find it hard to be that certain we will never travel through space as technology is constantly improving faster and faster. As long as we don't die out we'll have begun maintaining space stations and traveling through space rather normally within the next century. Currently what holds us back is our dependence on oil, which should've been done away with long ago but has persisted due to greed. I'm not sure how far we will travel, but I'm fairly certain we will eventually begin traveling beyond the few astronauts sent out to our moon and orbiting positions.

When we have a good fuel that isn't restricted by supply and demand as much as oil the propulsion systems will be able to grow dramatically allowing for faster travel throughout the course from planet to planet for rockets or whatever we choose to make in the future.

I don't think that as star trek suggests we will be given info on aliens when we break this limitation as a reward for becoming a space faring species, but I'm sure we will eventually be a space faring species (I don't have to be alive still for it to happen).

[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post
15-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Humans are extra-terrestrials! We have been to the moon!

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire