What is your opinion about aliens?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2011, 12:57 AM
RE: What is your opinion about aliens?
(14-06-2011 04:38 PM)Simone Wrote:  Do they exist? Are they here?
IMHO: yes, and probably not.

Aliens will exist somewhere out there. If they were here we would know about it.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2011, 05:29 AM
[Image: offtopic.gif]
(17-06-2011 02:40 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Bees see aliens among us?!!!!! Oh no!!!! we need to find a way to communicate with the bees so that we can understand what this means!!!! Quick start attempting dances and review the responses the bees make to them!!!
This always fascinated me as a child ever since i saw one really doing that...

[Image: offtopic.png]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
23-06-2011, 08:35 PM
I have faith that there are aliens on other planets and other civilizations.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2011, 08:48 AM

No way to know, although I'd like to think we will eventually find aliens out there. Either way it's always interesting to speculate about them.
Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2011, 11:07 AM
I believe the statistics support there must be some form of live out there. Whether they're formed by some other element and have some other life design other than DNA is up to question. The mission to search for water on other planets is still valuable to unknown extents.

I do believe if there was any contact with early human life forms it was from an Alien visitor and not any supernatural being but I believe that less and less with my understanding of the theory of evolution growing and having been conformed.

I do find it humorous to watch the History Channel show Ancient Aliens. They have some nice theories on some items and their bizarre relevance in the world but I don't agree with them at all. The reasons I can't hold any of their evidence true is because what it constantly does is demean humans abilities and imagination. So I no longer think it's likely to say alien life has been to Earth and especially don't believe it is here now.
24-06-2011, 11:37 AM
On the note of the history channel and ancient astronauts. I bought a game a few weeks ago wherein all religions were made by shapeshifting aliens who wanted to regain control over Earth after their primate slaves rebelled... that game is so wtf, apparently barbarians with clubs and and pointy sticks defeated, and almost eradicated a super intelligent race capable of energy weapons and inter-dimensional travel.
And the nazi's of WW2, they were genetically bred human slaves sent by the "Watchers" to re-enslave the rest of humanity.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
24-06-2011, 07:36 PM
One of my favorite alien movies is Signs, I know it's awful right? I like them that way though. I loved how they were defeated by water. WTF? Super amazing species invades a planet that is mostly water, by coming down without suits on and just acts like jerks. Shamalalalala sucks as a writer. Oh no the aliens.... spit on them. Done and done. Another alien invasion thwarted. But then the Klingons came.....

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2011, 07:05 AM
With all the planets Kepler is finding in our very own galaxy it would seem statistically impossible for some form of life not to exist.
29-06-2011, 01:47 PM
It seems highly probable that there is life out there, possibly even intelligent. However, I do not believe that these aliens have contacted us (though they may have tried).

I'm not sure if humans will ever end up meeting E.T.s because of the vast distances involved in traveling to them although we might be able to communicate with them. Perhaps future understanding of the universe (if the world doesn't go through another religious dark age) will enable us to travel to them through things like wormholes, but that seems like wishful thinking.

Most people seem to think that it will be carbon-based which makes sense because of its abundance; however, I like to wonder what other pathways that it could take in terms of its composition. Maybe it could be silicon or a similar material. I don't know.

I have to wonder what the aliens' reaction upon meeting us would be.
29-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Intelligent life on other planets? I'm not convinced there is intelligent life on this planet.

As for ET life, I think there has to be. We've already seen evidence of it in this solar system. Is there intelligent life? I guess the question is "intelligent" by who's standards? I am inclined to think that in the entire expanse of the universe there is bound to be some other life form with a sense of self-awareness. But, as I can't imagine we will ever know that, at least not within my lifetime, I think it really doesn't matter if they are there or not.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ancient Aliens Shadow Fox 37 555 Yesterday 09:47 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Evidence that we have been invaded by green aliens from outer space Bows and Arrows 14 350 09-07-2014 11:05 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  Aliens !, what would embarrass you the most sporehux 55 1,878 07-12-2013 05:24 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked ghostexorcist 46 4,525 01-11-2013 10:13 AM
Last Post: Skeptic Gamer
  Actually aliens saved me. BlackMason 28 1,143 22-10-2013 08:46 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  Fbi with Aliens, and claimed UFO image. Adenosis 13 580 18-10-2013 05:16 PM
Last Post: WeAreTheCosmos
  Ancient Aliens! Adenosis 36 3,037 02-10-2013 12:45 PM
Last Post: Dom