What is your opinion about aliens?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2011, 06:45 PM
RE: What is your opinion about aliens?
With the vastness of the universe, I definetly think it is impossible for life NOT to exist in other places. Sentient life likely also exists somewhere in the universe. I, however believe that intelligent life has never come to earth.

I am going to hell because i dare to question bronze-age goat herders, and think for myself.
~Me~

I am not smarter than religious people because I have a better understanding of science than them. I am smarter because I know I am not going to live forever, and I am happy with that.
~Me~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Teifel999's post
06-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Possible? Yes. Have they visited earth? I'm not convinced that they have.

Considering that the universe created itself 8-9 billion years before the earth was created, it is reasonable for me to believe that another life form may have had a million, possibly billion year head start on us. I know many other factors come into play, but can you imagine how advanced we will be in a million years? Billion? It's possible that another intelligent lifeform is that advanced, and has developed a way to travel the universe.

But just because they may have the technology doesn't mean they've visited us. I was once interested in the topic and read up on it, in addition to watching just about every episode of Ancient Aliens. There is some spooky evidence out there, but I believe that we don't give these primitive societies enough credit for their accomplishments.
[+] 2 users Like danalog's post
09-09-2011, 09:35 AM
(06-09-2011 01:16 PM)danalog Wrote:  Possible? Yes. Have they visited earth? I'm not convinced that they have.

Considering that the universe created itself 8-9 billion years before the earth was created, it is reasonable for me to believe that another life form may have had a million, possibly billion year head start on us. I know many other factors come into play, but can you imagine how advanced we will be in a million years? Billion? It's possible that another intelligent lifeform is that advanced, and has developed a way to travel the universe.

But just because they may have the technology doesn't mean they've visited us. I was once interested in the topic and read up on it, in addition to watching just about every episode of Ancient Aliens. There is some spooky evidence out there, but I believe that we don't give these primitive societies enough credit for their accomplishments.

Absolutely, I agree with this. There have been a few interruptions in the "life" process on earth due to mass extinctions, etc. Statistically it is very likely that that may NOT have ALWAYS occurred on other planets, and there would be some that would be FAR FAR more advanced than we are.

The book, "The Singularity is Near", (Ray Kurzweil), documents the almost parabolic advances we are making, and the geometric advances that will be occurring in our "near" future.

The Drake equation always predicted that there would likely be other civilizations, but now, this year, in the Spring, with the realization that there are about 2/3 more stars than they knew about previously, the solution to the Drake equation can only be seen as a virtual CERTAINTY. (You can go into the site I previously posted and play with the terms of the equation).

As we become more advanced, maybe other WAY more advanced cultures will have more interest in us.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
29-10-2011, 12:01 AM
I believe that there is other life out on the universe, the planet we are on has it in vast numbers and huge diversity so it only stands to reason that there must be more.
I wonder if the little tribal groups of eons ago wondered if there where other humans?
I wonder what they thought when they met them?

As for finding sentient life, well now it gets tricky…
You are in a huge supermarket.
All the shelves are filled with upturned Styrofoam cups.
On one of the shelves, in one of the isles there is one cup with a fruit fly in it.
You have one hour before it dies.

GO!

We suffer under the illusion that we (humans) will be here forever.
But we wont, and chances are that other life may have come and gone long before we get to where they where.
Just as if they came to us in the past that evidence is now lost.
Or the evidence that remains is too fantastic to believe.
And if they come again it may be too late.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
29-10-2011, 10:08 AM

I honestly believe in them.
Illegal aliens-Mexicans are real, so why can't Mars aliens be real too? :3
Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2011, 12:54 PM
"Aliens" might be a very relative term. A thing is only alien to us when we do not completely know that thing. It's a complex relationship and once it becomes personal, that's when it gets ... unnerving.
Rolleyes Once upon a time....
In order to finally get the hell out of college, I did a brief stint in biology (cellular level) studying a thing I have come to respect with the enormity and fear one can only assign to a... ? Dodgy [God?/Alien?] I studied virus. Mainly pox virus and mostly in caterpillar/larva of a type of moth. But of course, basic study of virus was the thing which had me convinced: we are not alone.
The more contact I had and more familiar I became with a virus, the patterns of it's life and life cycles seemed to take on logical purpose. From that point it, is easy to view this purposeful creature as a completely capable, sentient thing, living parallel to us and even using us to further their incomprehensible existence. Virus was at once, exhilarating, frightening, and so humbling that for about a week, I thought mankind might actually be seriously threatened by this practically unseen invader; Alien with a capital "A". And it came down to: it's either them, or us. Confused
About eight percent of human genetic material comes from a 40 million-year-old virus. Recently, a team of French scientists rebuilt a virus that infected our apelike ancestors several million years ago. Poxciruses (Smallpox) are believed to have evolved from a common ancestor, probably a rodent poxvirus between 5,000-10,000 years BC or earlier. Virus have always been living right along side us and INside us. They can manipulate themselves and even their environment to survive. They KNOW what they need to make happen and how to do it; they are entirely in control of our mutual realm, while we appear to be at their mercy. Scary enough... and then the real chiller: THEY KNOW MORE ABOUT CELLULAR BIOLOGY THAN WE DO. We think we're so damn smart -what a joke.
Suddenly, it's personal.
As I said, the enormity of that thought crushed me for only a week, but I still have that paranoid twinge when I hear of an isolated outbreak of Avian, West Nile, Ebola, or even the local round of childhood chicken pox. The very word "pox" sends me back into thousands of fearful years. If this is our planet, and we've always been alone... then we have been alone with Aliens. Undecided

After my personal, aforementioned alien encounter... E.T., Paul, or even Klingons would be a refreshing discovery. The complexity would be doubtful, but welcome. The only thing to save me would be to keep an open mind. Wink
I thought Paul was cute. Heart
Big Grin I'll let this be my Halloween story.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I've been fascinated by the concept of extraterrestrial life since I was a child.

Is there life elsewhere in the Cosmos? I wholeheartedly believe it; based just on the odds and the toughness and process of life and evolution.

Have they visited Earth in the time we've had photographs and videos? No.
Have they visited Earth in the past? Probably not.

Alien life, in whatever form, intelligent or microbial, I do believe exists. And if people say that's the same as believing in God, I'll say "No it's not. Life is here on Earth. There is at least one example of it. Odds are it's happened elsewhere."
06-11-2011, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 05:26 PM by houseofcantor.)
(15-06-2011 04:27 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Probably not - we would have recognized some astrophysics' unique radio pattern message by now.

The only space aliens are going to be the ones we are responsible for having deployed.

Not if tao is dark energy. I'm wondering how someone gets a negative 23 rep in under two hundred posts - you ain't a non-thinking atheist, are ya? Tongue

Aliens. Tongue

Arizona is full of 'em. Big Grin

(06-09-2011 01:16 PM)danalog Wrote:  Possible? Yes. Have they visited earth? I'm not convinced that they have.

I concur. AAT ain't theory, it is hypothesis - it is most likely wrong hypothesis.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm fairly sure I saw a UFO. STORY TIME!

I'm driving...well riding... Down a long road near my cottage. It's nightime with a clear sky and the stars are clearly visable due to a lack of lights around the area. As we're going along. I notice a strang star that looked bigger than the rest. As I am staring at the light it moves impossibly fast in a straight line then does a perfect 90 degree turn and shoots off in another direction blisteringly fast. Then it stops suddenly and dissapears. I was not drunk and was wide awake. To this day I have absolutely no clue what the hell that light was. To add to the story. Three other people saw it as well in the same vehicle and described it's movements the same.

If you have answers. i'm listening.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
07-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Im very open minded to the thought and my mind holds many different hypothesis to the whos and the whys.

In WW2 the germans seemed to make progress with rocket technology (V2 rockets) and I believe after the war that many of the prominent scientists in the work of rockets were "captured" and given new means to further there work.

A lot of art throughout time.......from beautifull works to basic caveman drawings seem to have objects that resemble UFOs in the sky.

Erich von Daniken wrote some interesting books his most famous being "chariot of the gods" were he puts (quite an interesting) arguement foward where he compares a lot of religious work to aliens......he finds a lot of comparisons. Although a lot of people have tried to debunk him saying his ideas are "fallacious" Rolleyes

Obv us humans are limted to travel......not by the fact that we couldnt handle living in space because eventually we will make technology that can handle this task....but by how far and how fast we can go. They think that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.......and they mesuare distances in "light years" however we have had a recent experiment (that needs replicating like all science work) that seems to indicate things CAN travel faster than the speed of light.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15017484

When you look at quantum physics there is so much we dont yet understand about everything the universe is made up of...........how electrons are nowhere and everywhere until you observe them........CERN are smashing particles together and learning so much about how reality is structured......they are looking for the "god" particle.....a hypothesis that would explain kind of fit a lot of things together.....I dont think they will find it TBH as all the other experiemental results up to now are still baffling them.

That doesnt mean to say though that Alien Entitys havent worked out quantum physics LONG before us.......which makes me think that if there are Aliens floating round Earth watching us and studying us like some David Attenborough documentary then our actions (suffering, war, etc etc) would make them think "yeah these peeps are not ready for the things we have to show them"

Maybe they are that far advanced that they couldnt communicate with us in a reasonable way.........I mean I can study insects........I can sit and watch and even interact (liek feeding etc etc) with them...........but can I teach them how to form a structured society more advanced than there own???

Also we exist in the "third dimension" and can only see a very small part of the spectrum.......maybe aliens exist in the fourth....fifth and further dimension but have the Tech to look backwards like we understand that 2D objects are flat.

Imagining the tenth dimension

I know........it makes your head hurt Undecided

I think ive added enough for now but I shall end on another very interesting video where Richard Dolan talks about the implications on goverment and society of the revealing of ETS.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ancient Aliens Shadow Fox 10 169 25-07-2014 11:43 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Evidence that we have been invaded by green aliens from outer space Bows and Arrows 14 291 09-07-2014 11:05 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  Aliens !, what would embarrass you the most sporehux 55 1,819 07-12-2013 05:24 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Documentary: Ancient Aliens Debunked ghostexorcist 46 4,357 01-11-2013 10:13 AM
Last Post: Skeptic Gamer
  Actually aliens saved me. BlackMason 28 1,122 22-10-2013 08:46 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  Fbi with Aliens, and claimed UFO image. Adenosis 13 557 18-10-2013 05:16 PM
Last Post: WeAreTheCosmos
  Ancient Aliens! Adenosis 36 2,899 02-10-2013 12:45 PM
Last Post: Dom