What is your personality?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Star What is your personality?
I have been shy since I was a toddler. The case could that both my parent are quiet and I inherited the gene as well as environment factors. It's usually when it people I don't know or am not comfortable with. I went on holiday and after meeting my family for 5 years, you would think I would be loud and screaming with joy. But I wasn't I was cringing wishing I could go back to my quite sanction in England, I would smile awkwardly at them as they cried in joy. After the greetings were done, my family would comment on how tall I was or I was really quite. I wouldn't sometimes greet at someone thinking to my self that I would mess up. My Grandma asked to my mum why I was so quite(She probably thought that I was depressed and to even make it worse my mum asked me that, I didn't talk to anyone when I went on car trip to my aunt), my mum said it would take probably a month until I opened to someone. I didn't mind when she said that because I knew it myself. I'm just introverted I wanted to tell them and my mum knew that I was and without me explain to them, she did. Am I shy? introverted? quiet? anti-social? anxiety disorder? My teacher said I was quietly confident, that I had this confidence that seem to attract people. Is that a good or bad thing? People seem to come to me asking for help or advice or they want to hang around with me but I am most comfortable with my circle. I may be suffering from depression(Sleeps late, Most of the day sleeping, Eat a lot but feel little to me, can have sad and somewhat suicidal thoughts, have low anxiety attacks randomly, feeling guilty)

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2011, 11:14 AM
RE: What is your personality?
Some of those symptoms mean nothing more than adolescence. You need more sleep and down-time than adults: your bones are building and your brain is busy forming synapses, compartments and cross-references. Moodiness isn't all that unusual, either, when your hormone levels fluctuate constantly. If that doesn't settle in a year or so, it might be a good idea to talk to someone. Thoughts of death and even suicide are normal enough, too - just so they're only thoughts! Think about everything, read about everything, discuss everything, write about everything. A journal, btw, is better than a blog. Everybody needs a means of recording private thoughts, because when you come back to read them later, things become clearer.

I had the same problem with family i hadn't seen in a long time. They gush, and i just stand there like a mooncalf, no frickin idea what to say, how to address anyone, what they expect. And the things they remember from when i was a child - i've forgotten most of it, or it doesn't apply anymore - like they're talking about a stranger. Eventually, i warm up to a cousin and his wife, who are somewhat closer to my wavelength, and one aunt, who is a lot like my mother, then it's okay. Mostly, they just have to accept that i'm quiet. (Only, i'm not! I've been talking my fool head off since the age of three... but only among people with whom i feel comfortable.)
Personally, i think it's better to be shy than a blowhard; better to hang back than to make an ass of yourself. (Would you believe a tiny embarrassment at age 15 is still fresh in my mind at 65? That stuff just doesn't erase!)

It's nice that your mother understands - those kind of parents are rare and precious. So are understanding teachers.
And, yes, quiet confidence that attracts other people is definitely a good thing!

I was a nerd at school - teachers liked me because i didn't horse around or pass notes... mostly coz i didn't have a coterie. Loner, me. But i got along okay with jocks and geeks, poets and scholars: no enemies. Plus, i knew about Ayn Rand, Heinlein and Leonard Cohen before any of 'em, which went over great among college students. Get your own generation's trendy literature on the up-slope.

It's not such a bad way to be, because when you stand alone, even if you try to blend into the wallpaper* lots of sociable people who 'belong' and 'fit in' wonder what you've got that they haven't. Because fitting in is sometimes just a manifestation of fear, uncertainty: they're not sure who they are on their own. The people who most seek attention are often the most insecure. Almost everyone you know will change over the next ten years... at least outwardly. Inside, we're pretty much who we're meant to be right from infancy, but outside, among other people, we have to try on a lot of different characters, like costumes, to find out how we want to present ourselves to the world. We get feedback, we discover what works. This can be frustrating, but it can also be fun, once you're aware that everyone is doing the same - like we're all rehearsing together.

* No, my school didn't have wallpaper, either, but how do you describe trying to look like flecked-pink-and-industrial-grey walls?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
01-10-2011, 12:37 PM

Take this test and see your personality, you will learn alot from this. And don't worry about being introverted, I am as well an introvert and Albert Einstein along with many genius figures have been introverted. It's so wonderful to know more about you Smile
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm 19 so I've just come out of the end of the teenage years stage of life. I don't feel qualified to give much in the way of advice but what I will say is don't get sucked into the mindset of those around you. In English schools it seems to be cool to 'have problems' and to be 'depressed', whether it is true or not. Obviously most of the people who claim this don't actually have any problems but I think the majority of them aren't lying, they just believe a false reality. The human brain is very good at subconsciously distorting facts and events to make people believe things that aren't necessarily true. If you are surrounded by people who all claim to have 'problems' then your mind can easily distort memories to make you think you have them too. It's probably a leftover survival mechanism, fitting in with those around us probably used to increase survival chances. The point is don't let yourself fall victim to that trap. I did and I still look back with disgust at some of my actions from 5 or so years ago. I started hanging round with new friends who all had 'problems' and suddenly I had them too. When I fell out with those people and went beck to my old friends my 'problems' suddenly vanished and I realised they had been in my head the whole time. I also realised that while I was going through my phase that the world had kept spinning round me. I had neglected my education (going as far as skipping external exams) and alienated some friends, at the time I thought everyone would excuse my actions and they would be consequence free because of my 'problems' but that wasn't the case.

I know I sound preachy but the next 3-5 years of your life have the power to make or break you. If you throw yourself into life with 100% effort and a positive attitude and find a stable group of friends who are happy and supportive of you then the sky's the limit. If not you risk joining me stacking shelves in a supermarket somewhere.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.