What is your phobia?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 02:43 AM
RE: What is your phobia?
Grasshoppers.

The only time I've passed out, ever, besides being drunk, was because one of those giant fuck faced beasts with wings landed on me when we were walking through a nature trail.

Dropped like a stone.

That was the end of my relationship with nature. I actively avoid a patch of grass in front of our home when I get our mail because I swear someone puts grasshopper bait (I doubt that even exists) in that one specific area.

Before the fainting episode, my husband and I went back to the national forest in which we got married and attempted to hike around a little. I remember coming to this open field, the grass was about up to our knees, and I remember seeing Grasshoppers flying everywhere. In reality it was probably only like, 1 bug and my mind just ran with it, but I was paralyzed with fear. My husband had to come and walk me through with his arms around me because all I could do was close my eyes, shake, and cry uncontrollably.

I have no idea where the fear comes from or why I have it. And I feel like the BIGGEST bitch when shit goes south. I'm not a crier and I typically don't get emotional at all about mostly anything, but a goddamn grasshopper will stop my ass in its tracks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like MrsFarrow's post
16-08-2014, 02:57 AM
I'm just going to post this here and be off...

[Image: diving-bell-spider.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-08-2014, 11:28 AM
that has to be one of the coolest if not the coolest things I've ever seen. A spider that lives underwater and creates its own scuba diving gear. f****** amazing!
16-08-2014, 10:33 PM
I am terrified of Crickets.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
18-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Boomslang snake.

Nope.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

18-08-2014, 11:12 PM
(16-08-2014 02:57 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'm just going to post this here and be off...

[Image: diving-bell-spider.jpg]

AND another image burned into my brain for eternity! If they've figured out how to live and breathe underwater, what is next? Gasp

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
19-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Do not know if I have phobia level fears, but there are things that make me irrationally uncomfortable when I experience them. I have yet to be incapacitated by a fear. Here are a list of things that give me a hard time

The dark outside
spiders
flying
extension ladders
19-08-2014, 09:13 AM
(19-08-2014 09:03 AM)wazzel Wrote:  ...
extension ladders

That just has to be Freudian Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Heights, I didn't used to have a problem with this until fairly recently. Now it scares me.
19-08-2014, 11:51 AM
(16-08-2014 02:43 AM)MrsFarrow Wrote:  Grasshoppers.

Angry

I wouldn't exactly call it a phobia, but I don't like spiders. If I find one inside my apartment, priority #1 is to kill it ASAP.

I used to have an irrational fear of heights (and still do to some extent), but several flights to Europe and back, plus a fair amount of rock climbing, have helped me get over the worst part of that.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post