What is your reaction to this picture?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 06:22 PM
RE: What is your reaction to this picture?
Chas, no. Sorry man. I was responding to the idea that KC may be manipulating us to get some kind of stat. for his own. . .whatever. My fault here. I'll edit, if I can.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2012, 06:24 PM
My initial reaction was "wow she's so fat she needs a scooter because her legs won't support her." My initial thought is mean. I try not to blurt out my initial thoughts because they are often mean and brash.

My second thought was about how I maybe should have not eaten the entire box of cookies last night, as it may have something to do with my weight gain. As well as my upset stomach. I was doing so good at not eating junk... Damn you yummy food. Damn you to my stomach where you will burn into poo.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
25-09-2012, 07:29 PM
My first thought was: If I ever get that big, I'm finding a way to kill myself. But that's been my response to even getting up to 250 because I already have issues with my body image. And for the record I'm like 50-60 lbs overweight.

My next thought was: This is how other countries see us; as fat, lazy assholes who need to put down the super-sized burger and fries and get off our asses and exercise. That she needs help, but the last obese person we lived with only superficially cared about her weight and easily kept me from eating much with her shoveling piles of food into her mouth. (No really, when you see a horribly obese person using their body as a tray and literally shovel a mound of food in their mouth makes pigs eating from a trough seem like graduates of Miss Manners' School of Etiquette.

My fiance's sister is about that big, and she used to use her chest as a shelf and tray for her plate. The way she behaved was like she didn't care about her appearance or that she was dangerously close to killing herself with her obesity. The thought that someone just doesn't care that they're so overweight that they risk actually killing themselves because of it boggles my mind.

I doodle.
A lot.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
25-09-2012, 07:32 PM
Hmmmm. I wonder what the weight tolerance on those things are? If she exceeded said weight tolerance could two scooters be used at once?.............Better question. If I pushed her off and took the scooter, could she chase after me?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
25-09-2012, 08:12 PM
[Image: X2ZRj.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
25-09-2012, 08:14 PM
(25-09-2012 05:31 PM)depat Wrote:  KC, If you are testing, then I am sorry I wasted my time little god. If you are not, adjust your ethics. Adjust your ethics in any case!

And, I honestly have no idea what you are even saying.

I've had zero interaction with you and have never seen you post.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
25-09-2012, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 11:25 PM by depat.)
I gave a thoughtful post earlier, although your chosen topic is distasteful. Then I saw a sentence posted by Mr. Woof, "Aha testing atheist compassion no doubt." I considered then that you are likely, "testing." You are usually more informative and seemingly intelligent than the topic you chose for this thread; it is base. I considered, If you are "testing" people's responses then you are very poor indeed in your ethics; if your not testing, you are poverty stricken in your ethics. Thus, the comment above. I am sorry if this caused confusion.

Actually You commented on something I posted, can't remember. And I have been on many threads you've posted on.
[+] 1 user Likes depat's post
26-09-2012, 12:59 AM
(25-09-2012 03:40 PM)depat Wrote:  There are three eating disorders: anorexia, bulemia, and obesity. Each of these disorders involve psychological issues. Obesity in some may be due to thyroid condition. I am sure most of you are aware of the recent wave of criticism of a growing obesity problem in the US. That is true. Most of you by now have heard of the measures the Mayor of NY has taken to curb peoples freedoms by limiting consumption of soft drinks. I believe there is growing propaganda in the US to vilify the overweight, much like the propaganda that rose in the nineties and continues to target smokers. This is about politics: powerful insurance lobbyists. And while the health of the overweight is a concern to many of the overweight, my ethical sensibilities tell me to educate and teach my family about diet and exercise through example. Weight in the united States often follows class. I find this thread a bit disturbing.

Irrespective of clinical physical and psychological problems a very large number of people are conned by the entrepreneurs.
As obesity becomes more prevelant , so does its perceived (by many) sense of temporary abberation or even normalcy.
Big Pharma, the fast food industry, surgeons, fad nutritionists, the fashion industry, and even gyms and personal trainers all feed off the genuinely fat of the land as well as those who have become addicts via advertising and the devious distortion of values.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
26-09-2012, 01:06 AM
(25-09-2012 08:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  [Image: X2ZRj.jpg]
So now you are comparing yourself with your god Jehovah!
Well I must say I think you probably deserve one another.
26-09-2012, 01:49 AM
Does thinking of whale song count as a reaction?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post